Highly scalable switching capacity and high-performance Ethernet
Dell™ Force10™ E300 features predictable line-rate performance with any combination of features enabled, low latency and jitter, robust L2/L3 functionality, and has the resiliency to restrain denial of service attacks.
- Supports 48GbE ports or eight 10GbE ports per line card slot and up to six line card slots per chassis
- Provides line-rate, non-blocking forwarding performance across all ports, even with all features enabled simultaneously
- Features robust L2 switching and L3 routing functionality, with the scalability and security required for applications spanning the LAN, MAN and internet-connected WAN
Dell Force10 E-Series overview
Ensure increased network availability, predictable application performance and reduced operating costs with the E-Series switch/routers. Built upon the powerful and cost-effective Dell Force10 architecture that combines fully distributed hardware and modular software, the E-Series sets the industry standard for resiliency, scalability and line-rate performance for full L2 switching and IPv4/IPv6 routing.
E-Series switches scale to 1,260GbE or 224 10GbE ports per chassis, providing consistent performance with access control lists (ACLs) on all ports and full L2 switching and L3 routing. These products simplify network applications ranging from server/cluster consolidation, grid computing and campus backbones to next-generation data centers.
The highly predictable line-rate performance, with any combination of features operating, enables robust L2/L3 functionality, low latency and jitter, and the resiliency to thwart denial of service (DoS) attacks.
Gain exceptional line-rate performance, cost-effective scalability and robust L2 switching and L3 routing with the feature-rich Dell Force10 E-Series architecture:
- Three-CPU route processor delivers best-in-class resiliency and security.
- Scalable, non-blocking switch fabric enables the low latency and jitter critical for streaming media applications.
- High-performance Force10 ASICs distribute packet forwarding, ACL processing, quality of service (QoS) and buffering to every line card.
High Ethernet density
Deploy unparalleled GbE and 10GbE port densities with Force10 E-Series. The E1200 and E600 each support 48GbE ports or 16 10GbE ports per line card slot, with up to 14 and seven line card slots per chassis respectively. The E300 supports 48GbE ports or eight 10GbE port per line card slot, with up to six line card slots per chassis.
With six custom Force10 ASICs and advanced ternary content addressable memories (TCAM) on every line card, the Force10 E-Series provides line-rate, non-blocking forwarding performance across all ports, even with all features enabled simultaneously. These features include:
- Extended ACLs for packet filtering and policy routing
- Multifield packet lookup and classification for QoS
- Packet metering and marking for rate limiting and policing
- Congestion control using weighted random early detection (WRED) and weighted fair queuing (WFQ)
Full L2 switching / L3 routing
Working in unison, the Force10 ASICs, E-Series architecture and FTOS software provide robust L2 switching and L3 routing functionality. They enable the scalability and security required for applications spanning the LAN, MAN and Internet-connected WAN. The Force10 E-Series L2 and L3 features include:
- RIP, OSPF, IS-IS and BGP IPv4 unicast routing protocols
- PIM-SM, PIM-DM, SSM and MSDP IPv4 multicast routing protocols
- OSPF, IS-IS and BGP IPv6 unicast routing protocols
- PIM-SM, and SSM IPv6 multicast routing protocols
- Prefix-based distributed forwarding table on every line card
- Forwarding table support for up to 512K IPv4 and 32 IPv6 routes
- VLAN redundancy, Rapid Spanning Tree, VLAN stacking