Versatile by design.
- 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-4210U processor (3M Cache, up to 2.7 GHz)
- 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4510U processor (4M Cache, up to 3.1 GHz)
- Ubuntu Linux 12.04 SP1
- Windows 8.1 Pro, 64-bit, Brazilian Portuguese
- Windows 8.1, 64-bit, English
- Windows 8.1, 64-bit, French
- Windows 8.1, 64-bit, English/French
- Windows 8.1, 64-bit, Spanish
- Windows 8.1 Pro, 64-bit, English
- Windows 8.1 Pro, 64-bit, French
- Windows 8.1 Pro, 64-bit, English/French
- Windows 8.1 Pro, 64-bit, Spanish
- Windows 8.1 Single Language, 64-bit, English
- Windows 8.1 Single Language, 64-bit, Spanish
- Windows 8.1, 64-bit, English MSSI
- Windows® 7 Professional, 64-bit, English/French (Includes Windows 8.1 Pro license)
- Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64-bit, English
- Microsoft Office 30 Day Trial
- System has Ubuntu
- Microsoft Office 365 Personal
- Microsoft Office Home and Business 2016
- Microsoft Office Home and Student EM 2016
- Microsoft Office Professional 2016
- Microsoft Office Home and Student 2016
- McAfee LiveSafe 12 Month Subscription
- McAfee LiveSafe 24 Month Subscription
- McAfee LiveSafe 36 Month Subscription
- McAfee LiveSafe 30 Day Trial
- No Anti-virus Required
- 16GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (8GBx2)
- 6GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (4GBx1 + 2GBx1)
- 8GB 2 DIMM (2x4GB) DDR3L 1600Mhz
- 12GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (8GBx1 + 4GBx1)
- 4GB DDR3 1600 (4GBx1) [4GB Single Channel DDR3 1600MHz (4GBx1)] Brazil
- Intel® HD Graphics 4400
- AMD Radeon™ HD R7 M265 2GB DDR3
- 15.6 inch LED Backlit Touch Display with IPS and FHD resolution (1920 x 1080)
- 15.6 inch LED Backlit Display with Truelife and HD resolution (1366 x 768)
- 15.6 inch LED Backlit Touch Display with HD resolution (1366 x 768)
Audio and Speakers
- 2 tuned speakers with Waves MaxxAudio® processing
1 combo headphone / microphone jack
- Up to 1000GB* SATA hard drive
Accidental Damage Service
- 1 Year Accidental Damage Service
- 2 Year Accidental Damage Service
- 3 Year Accidental Damage Service
- 4 Year Accidental Damage Service
- No Accidental Damage Selected
- No Accidental Damage Service
- External DVD+/-RW option
3 Cell 44 WHr Prismatic Battery (standard)
4 Cell 58 WHr Prismatic Battery (optional)
65 Watt AC Adapter
- Dell Wireless-N 170x (1x1) + Bluetooth 4.0
Intel® Centrino® Wireless-AC 3160 (1x1) + Bluetooth 4.0
Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 (2x2) + Bluetooth 4.0
Wi-Fi Display Support (Wi-Fi Alliance)
Intel® Wireless Display* capable
- Height: 0.9" (21.8mm) x Width: 14.9" (380mm) x Depth: 10.0" (259mm)Weight: Starting at 5.24lbs (2.38 Kg); 5.70lbs (2.6 Kg) with 3-cell 43WHr battery*
- HDMI™ 1.4a
USB 3.0 (2)
USB 2.0 (1)
Media Card (SD, SDHC, SD3.0, MS, MS Pro)
10/100 RJ-45 Ethernet network
Full size, spill-resistant keyboard with 10-key numeric keypad
Multi-touch gesture-enabled pad with integrated scrolling
HD (720p) capable webcam, dual digital microphones and pre-loaded Skype™*
Modern materials, sleek exterior: The Inspiron 15 (Intel) is up to 21% thinner and 19% lighter than previous models*, and more beautiful than ever before. The elegant brushed aluminum design is poised to impress at the coffee shop, airport or wherever you’re headed next. Plus, it stays cool to the touch after hours of use.
Stay unplugged longer: Hit the road without worry. Great battery life, up to 7 hours, means you can go longer in between charges*.
Studio-quality sound: Whether you’re mixing, streaming or chatting, Waves MaxxAudio® delivers lower lows, higher highs and outstanding audio performance.
Your every tap, swipe and scroll is more responsive and accurate with a 10-finger capacitive touch screen. Capacitive touch seems more natural and fluid than optical touch because capacitive sensors are right under the screen, compared to optical touch which uses cameras in the bezel of the laptop. Have more fun with Windows 8.1, swipe through your photo album faster and unleash your creativity with capacitive touch.
Breeze through spreadsheets with a 10-key number pad and zoom, point and scroll through content quickly with the large touchpad. Keep going — even in the dark — when you upgrade to a backlit keyboard for better typing accuracy in low light.
Strong, fast signal
Improved wireless performance over previous models delivers a stronger WiFi connection. The newest 802.11ac technology option connects at blazingly fast WiFi speeds across an extended range, so you can roam free and still enjoy an impressive wireless experience.
Turn up the heat: From locker rooms to locked cars, we test Inspiron laptops for survival in harsh short-term heat conditions of up to 65°C/149°F.
Everything hinges on it: We test Inspiron laptop hinges to ensure they still feel tight, even after opening and closing the lid 20,000 times.
Keys to success: We test commonly used keys for 10 million keystrokes and touch pad buttons 1 million times with no failure. So go ahead, finish your novel.
Buttoned up: No matter what you set your power and multimedia buttons to do, we've tested them all to survive up to 40,000 pushes with no problems.
Twist and turn: Call us excessive, but after twisting an Inspiron laptop's base and lid more than 25,000 times, we can assure you the parts inside are well protected.
Always a good fit: You'll probably never need to remove and reinstall your Inspiron's battery 30 times, but you can rest easy knowing that we've tested even that.
When you customize your system you will find these other support options, with ProSupport Plus offering the most complete support service:
ProSupport Plus, Dell’s most complete* support service for PCs and tablets*, is the only support service that can prevent issues before they occur. Dell’s SupportAssist will detect when a hard drive or battery is about to fail, automatically create a case for resolution and notify the customer that the new hardware is on its way. This end to end support service also includes 24x7 priority access to ProSupport engineers who provide help for hardware and software challenges, repair for devices that are accidentally damaged and the ability to keep a hard drive after replacement allowing you to ensure your data is stays secure*. When necessary, Dell will provide onsite* support to ensure repairs are done quickly and conveniently. ProSupport Plus provides all the support essentials that will reduce downtime automatically.
Dell ProSupport* provides direct access to ProSupport engineers who provide help for hardware and software challenges 24x7. Plus, Dell SupportAssist technology remotely monitors PCs and tablets, provides notifications for issues that arise and automatically creates a case to resolve them. When necessary, Dell will provide onsite* support to ensure repairs are done quickly and conveniently.
Accidents happen, and with Dell’s Accidental Damage Service* you can reduce the downtime. We’ll repair a laptop damaged by an electrical surge, liquid spill or drop.