A rugged revolution
Built tough for tough environments, Latitude™ E6400 XFR was designed and engineered to be the highest performing fully rugged laptop in its class — equipped with reliable data protection, simplified IT management and investment protection that you've come to appreciate from Dell.
- A fully configured Latitude E6400 XFR with QuadCool™ Thermal Management System has up to 100 percent faster system performance than the Panasonic CF30.*
- Latitude E6400 XFR has Dell's exclusive Ballistic Armor™ Protection System to meet or exceed real-world and military standards (MIL-STD-810F).
- Latitude E6400 XFR with PrimoSeal™ technology has the highest combined level of Ingress Protection rating (IP65) of any notebook in its class.
Built for tough environments, the Latitude E6400 XFR rises to the challenges you face every workday. The XFR is built to be ready out of the box to withstand pounding rain, blowing dust and dirt, extreme temperatures, accidental drops and more. Key rugged features include:
- Dell's exclusive Ballistic Armor Protection System featuring PR481™ chassis material provides twice the impact strength versus traditional magnesium alloy.
- The Latitude E6400 XFR with Ballistic Armor Protection enables excellent protection and is the first in its class to meet a 4-ft. drop specification. *
- With PrimoSeal™ technology, we provide the highest combined Ingress Protection rating (IP65), for enhanced protection against blowing dust and liquid.
Total Control of OwnershipDell is committed to providing you the commonality, tools and service offerings to simplify IT management, so you can focus on the mission at hand.
- The XFR shares the image and peripherals with the corporate-class Latitude E6400, helping you achieve a system commonality and a lower total cost of ownership (TCO).
- The XFR features Intel® Centrino® 2 with vPro™ technology, providing built-in manageability and advanced security features.
- Dell ProSupport service offerings help you deploy systems easily and quickly.
Uncompromising PerformanceThe high-performing, fully rugged laptop is the first in its class to ship with both Intel® Core™2 Duo processor with vPro™ technology and optional discrete graphics. The Latitude E6400 XFR has brains as well as brawn.
- QuadCool Thermal Management System enables the XFR to meet the MIL-STD for temperature extremes and supports world-class performance, while running the latest Intel® Core™2 Duo processors.
- Optional solid-state drives (SSD) can deliver increased durability and improved system performance.
- Extended field-use batteries equipped with ExpressCharge enables primary battery recharge times up to two times faster than Panasonic CF-30.*
Inspired DesignLatitude E6400 XFR features securely sealed port covers and a wide range of key peripherals to work wherever you need it to.
- Work in direct sunlight with the large 14.1" wide-aspect LCD featuring Direct Vue™ Technology LCD.
- Work with vehicle docking, which allows flexibility for police and field technicians to mount systems directly in their vehicles where they work.
- Get secure, simple, locking doors with PrimoSeal for exceptional protection while working in wet or dusty conditions.
Seamless Desktop Transitions: E-Port and E-Port PlusTransition seamlessly to a desktop environment with the new E-Port and E-Port Plus docking solutions featuring true hot docking and undocking capabilities. Both docking solutions provide an expansive compliment of USB, powered eSATA and graphics ports. Connect to networks, keyboards, monitors, and other peripherals quickly and easily instead of attaching cables every time.
Effortless Desktop Flexibility: E-Family Stands TestThe E-View Laptop Stand features enhanced adjustment design, which allows easy movement for both height and distance. E-View Laptop Stand is also a perfect companion to any flat panel. By leveraging the native LCD of your laptop, you can enjoy the productivity gain of an easy dual display setup.
Recent generation Dell flat-panel monitors can be easily mounted on this elegant stand through Dell quick disconnect mount. Third party and older generation Dell flat panel monitors can be mounted through an optional E-VESA® mount adapter.
The E-Legacy Extender can be snapped onto your E-Family notebooks through the docking connector and adds little weight to your system (0.45 lb or 0.21 kg). It is ideal for those who still rely on legacy ports (serial port, parallel port, or PS/2 port) regularly.
- Intel® 45 Express Chipset
- NVIDIA® Quadro® NVS 160M 256MB DDR2
Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD
- 14.1" Premium WXGA (1280 x 800) wide-aspect transmissive display with Direct Vue™ technology for outdoor readability
Available in non-touch or resistive touch versions
- DVD-ROM, CD-RW/DVD, DVD+/-RW
10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet network interface adaptor
56K v924 Internal Modem
Dell Wireless 1397 (802.11g)
Dell Wireless 1510 (802.11a/g/n 2x2)
Intel® WiFi Link 5100 [802.11a/g/draft n (1x2)]
Intel WiFi Link 5300 [802.11a/g/draft n (3x3)]
Mobile Broadband & GPS:
Dell Wireless 5720 (EvDO & GPS) Mobile Broadband Mini Card
Dell Wireless 5530 (Tri-band HSDPA 7.2/HSUPA 2.0 & GPS) Mini-Card
Bluetooth & Ultra-Wideband:
Dell Wireless 370 Bluetooth® 2.1 (optional)
Dedicated GPS & Antennae, SiRFstarIII™ (coming in May)
- Physical Security:
Steel-reinforced Cable Lock Slots, Battery and Hard Drive Locks
User & System Security:
Smart Card Reader and Contactless Smart Card Reader (protected behind sealed door)
Fingerprint Reader (optional)
ControlVault - secure credential management within a trusted boundary
Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security Services (up to 3 year subscription)
802.11 Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA), 802.11i (WPA2), Virtual Private Networks (VPN) 802.1x with EAP modes and compatible with CCX 4.0
- 2 speakers, digital microphone
Integrated Webcam (optional)
Ports, Slots & Chassis
IEEE - 1394, docking connector, USB 2.0 (x4), VGA, Display Port, RJ-11 (optional), RJ-45, eSATA, headphone/speaker out, mic (all protected behind sealed doors)
1 Type I/II PCMCIA OR Expresscard/54, 5-in-1 card reader
Weight & Dimensions:
Starting at: 8.5 lbs/3.86 kg
Key Peripherals & Docking:
Vehicle Docking Systems, Rugged Battery Slice, Rugged Legacy I/O Adapter, E-Family Deskdock Adapter, Removable LCD Protective Touch Overlay, XFR Shoulder Strap Kit, Spare LCD Pen/Tether Kit
E-Family modular bay: 8X DVD-ROM, 24X CDRW/DVD, 8X DVD+/-RW, second Hard Drive or Travel Lite Module
- Power Supply:
90 Watt AC adapter with cord wrapping
6-cell primary battery
12 cell high-capacity rugged battery slice (optional)
Dell ProSupport — Faster, more reliable support services designed to address the technology challenges you face today. This new support portfolio is focused on your needs, time demands and budgets.
Need professional support services that take care of both you and your employees’ IT needs 7x24? Choose Dell ProSupport to get access to a certified technician in two minutes or less.
Got an IT staff? Choose Dell ProSupport for IT and get tech-to-tech support with Fast-Track Dispatch, along with 7x24 access to Dell-certified technicians.
|Dell ProSupport Service Model|
|Dell ProSupport||Dell ProSupport for IT|
|Designed for organizations with limited or no dedicated IT staff.|
|Designed to provide tech-to-tech support for IT Professionals, Database Administrators and internal Service Desks or helpdesks.|
Next, further customize your support solution by taking advantage of the Dell ProSupport Options below that align to how you use your technology.
|SPEED OF RESPONSE||PROTECTION|
|International Onsite Service after Remote Diagnosis* — Provides service and support for your Dell laptop while you are traveling. |
Specialized Onsite Options — Allows you to augment your daily IT management or tap into specific technical expertise for critical projects when needed. Recommended options for notebooks include:
|Asset Management and Protection|
|Customization and Set-Up|
Our end-to-end deployment services are designed to simplify and accelerate the customization and utilization of your new systems. Dell Deployment Services include everything from order consolidation to coordination of deployment resources.
Dell Managed Deployment Services are for customers who need a complete, end-to-end deployment solution. Managed deployments are useful within complex logistical environments which require a single point of accountability.
Custom Factory Integration
Dell offers custom factory integration services to help accelerate your system deployments. We can perform a range of services such as custom configuration, consolidation, and integration in our factory.
ImageDirect is a web-based, hosted image management service that enables customers to easily create, manage, and load custom images for Dell commercial client systems.
Intel® AMT and Intel® vPro™ Support
For Intel® AMT and Intel® vPro™ customers, new deployment service options such as unique password pre-population; pre-configured management settings; and no-touch deployment can help ease deployment concerns while saving time and money.
Advanced Configuration Services
With Advanced Configuration Services (ACS), you can save time and resources by selecting various settings during the purchase process. You can choose to partition your hard drive; select boot order; change BIOS settings; and modify various standard software configuration settings.
|Asset Recovery Services|
Asset Recovery Services
Asset Recovery Services offers safe and environmentally-appropriate disposal solutions for outdated or end-of-life IT assets. This service includes transportation, flexible logistics, equipment processing, detailed data security and environmental reports at an affordable price.