Tough where it counts
When you want the next step in rugged laptops for your tough work environment, the Latitude™ E6420 XFR notebook offers strong performance and reliable data protection in a design that’s built to withstand the most challenging environments.
- Operating System: Windows 7 Professional
- Real-world rugged: Get protection from drops, spills, dust and related workplace hazards with the E6420 XFR laptop’s BallisticArmor™ protection and testing to high defense-grade standards.
- Field-ready: Enjoy a clear view of your work even in direct sunlight with the 14" WLED display featuring DirectVue™ technology.
- Flexible design: Expand your possibilities with optional hot-swappable media bay modules, including batteries, USB 3.0 drives, optical drives, hard drives and a legacy I/O (input/output) module*.
Redesigned for work in your world
Real-world ruggedWindows 7 Professional
Doing business today means working anytime, anywhere. You need a laptop to keep up with your work and the tough environments around you. The Latitude E6420 XFR combines world-class performance with fully rugged design, giving you a truly field-ready computing solution.
- Get protection from harsh environments including extreme temperatures and humidity thanks to the stringent, independent MIL-STD-810G testing and IP-65 certification of BallisticArmor™ technologies.
- Keep out the elements with PrimoSeal™ ingress protection, which provides an IP-65 level of protection against water and dust.
- Worry less about accidental drops thanks to rugged chassis materials, including PR-72™ and a redesigned bumpering system, which helps protect from drops of up to six feet.
- Stay cool with the third-generation QuadCool™ thermal management system, which delivers efficient cooling in extreme conditions with quiet operation and low power usage.
Go-anywhere productivityGet long-lasting power and performance to make your job in the field easier. Latitude E-Family laptops are built with your work in mind, offering great features to help increase productivity in extreme environments.
- Operating System: Windows® 7 Professional
- Stay productive with 6-cell ExpressCharge™ batteries that (recharge to 80 percent in one hour) as well as extended battery options.
- Experience peak performance — even in deserts and tropical forests — with Intel® Core™ processor options, high-bandwidth DDR3 memory, wireless connectivity options and 512MB discrete graphics options.
- Perform more tasks in the field when you use optional hot-swappable media bay modules, including a DVD drive, second battery, 320GB hard drive, USB 3.0 ports or a legacy I/O (input/output) module.
- Work the way your job demands with an optional touch-enabled display that conveniently allows you to interact with your laptop without a keyboard.
- See your work anywhere with an impact-resistant, outdoor-viewable, DirectVue™ 14" WLED display.
Control of ownershipManage, secure and maintain your Latitude E6420 XFR as easily as you do your entire fleet of E-Family laptops — from planning and deploying to ongoing maintenance and support.
- Confident security: Know your data is secure with Dell Data Protection and encrypted hard drive options, and get control over who can access to your data with Dell ControlVault™, contactless smart card and fingerprint reader login access options.
- Management made easy: The Latitude E6420 XFR fully rugged laptop is remote manageable and provides Intel® vPro™ Technology advanced management features with Intel WiFi Link WLAN option for easy monitoring and out-of-band system management.
- Easily plan: Easy product migrations with Latitude’s long life cycles, transitions, and advance looks at upcoming software and hardware changes.
- Latitude commonality: Use the Latitude E6420 XFR fully rugged laptop with other Latitude E-Family power supplies and accessories.
- Trusted member of the team: Know you have a partner with Dell for supporting your systems with a wide range of customizable service and support options, including Dell KACE™ system management appliances.
- Mobile Intel® QM67 Express Chipset
- Graphics* Options
Intel® HD Graphics 3000
NVIDIA®NVS™4200M (DDR3 512M) Discrete Graphics with Optimus
- 14.0” HD (1366x768) wide-view outdoor-viewable LED with Direct Vue™ technology
14.0” HD (1366x768) wide-view outdoor-viewable resistive touchscreen LED with Direct Vue™ technology
Both with impact resistant protective front glass
- DVD-ROM, DVD+/-RW
- 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet
Wireless LAN and WiMAX Options:
Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6205
Intel® Centrino® Advanced -N + WiMAX 6250
Intel® Centrino® Ultimate-N 6300
Dell Wireless 1501 (802.11 b/g/n 1x1)
Dell Wireless 1530 (802.11 a/g/n 2x2)
Mobile Broadband* & GPS Options:
Dell Wireless™ 5630 Multi-mode HSPA-EVDO Mini Card (Gobi™ 3000) with A-GPS*
Dell Wireless™ 5550 Single-mode HSPA Mini Card with A-GPS*
Dell Wireless 5800 (LTE/4G) Mobile Broadband*
Dedicated GPS and antenna, SiRFstarIV™*
Dell Wireless 375 Bluetooth® 3.0
- Physical Security:
Steel-reinforced Cable Lock Slots, Media Module and Hard Drive Locks.
User & System Security:
SmartCard Reader, optional Contactless SmartCard Reader/Fingerprint Reader
ControlVault – secure credential management within a trusted boundary
- High Quality Speakers
Stereo headphone/Microphone combo jack
Integrated, noise reducing array microphones
Optional Integrated FHD video webcam and Dell Webcam Central software
Ports, Slots & Chassis
Network connector (RJ-45)
USB 2.0 (3) – 1 USB/eSATA combo
Stereo headphone/Microphone combo jack
Docking Connector, VGA, HDMI, Serial
Legacy I/O module* (RJ-11, RJ-45, serial) option via optical bay
USB 3.0 Module option via optical bay
Memory card reader, 54 mm ExpressCard
1 Full and 2 Half Mini Card Slots
Dimensions & Weight*
Width: 14.0"/356.1mm (15.3"/389.3mm with bumpers)
Height: 11.7"/296mm (12.1"/308.3mm with bumpers)
Depth: 2.2"/56.8mm (2.6"/67mm with bumpers)
Starting weight: 8.8 lbs / 3.99 kg (with 6-cell battery and no optical drive)
Single Pointing Backlit Keyboard
Optional rubberized red back-lit keyboard
Resistive-touch Panel Option (Single Point glove touch)
- 90W AC Adapter
90W Auto/Air DC adapter (optional)
6-cell (60Wh) Lithium Ion battery with ExpressCharge™
12-Cell (84WH) Rugged High Capacity Lithium Ion Battery Slice
3-cell (30Whr) E-Modular Bay II Battery
- Regulatory and Environmental Compliance
Regulatory Model: P21G
Regulatory Type: P21G001
Energy Star 5.0
EPEAT® Registered (see www.epeat.net for specific registration rating/status by country)
Environmental Testing and Certification See Summary of Independent Environmental Testing for details
Independently Tested to MIL-STD-810G for:
6ft Transit Drop - Method 516.6 Procedure IV; Humidity - Method 507.5 Procedure II
3ft Operating Drop - Method 516.6 Procedure IV; Salt Fog - Method 509.5 Procedure I
Blowing Rain - Method 506.5 Procedure I; Altitude - Method 500.5 Procedures I, II
Blowing Dust - Method 510.5 Procedure I; Explosive Atmosphere - Method 511.5 Procedure II
Blowing Sand - Method 510.5 Procedure II; Temperature Shock - Method 503.5 Procedure I
Vibration - Method 514.6 Procedures I (Categories 4,24), II; Freeze/Thaw - Method 524 Procedure III
Functional Shock - Method 516.6 Procedure I; Tactical Standby to Operational - Method 501.5 Procedure III
Solar Radiation - Method 505.5 Procedure I
Independently Tested MIL-STD-810G Temperature Ranges
Method 501.5, 502.5 Procedures I, II:
Operating: -20°F to 145°F (-29°C to 63°C)
Non-Operating: -60°F to 160°F (-51°C to 71°C)
Other Independent Certifications:
IP-65 Certified Ingress Protection – Dust-tight and protected against pressurized water ingress
UL1604* Certified for Hazardous Locations (Class 1, Division 2, Zones A, B, C, D)
MIL-STD-461F Certified for Electromagnetic Interference
Product Safety, EMC and Environmental Datasheets
Dell Regulatory Compliance Home Page
Dell and the Environment
- Intel® vPro™ Technology’s advanced management features (optional, requires Intel WiFi® Link WLAN)
Designed to address the technology challenges you face today, Dell ProSupport™* starts with a service model designed for IT professionals like you.
Dell ProSupport for IT provides:
- 24x7 direct access to Dell Expert Centers
- Fast-track dispatch for Dell-certified technicians
- Escalation management through Dell’s Global Command Centers
Dell ProSupport for end users is designed for organizations with limited or no dedicated IT staff. End users receive 24x7 direct break-fix hardware support plus 'how-to' support on popular software applications such as Norton™ AntiVirus, Microsoft® Office, Microsoft Small Business Server®, Intuit® QuickBooks®, Adobe® Photoshop® and Adobe Acrobat®.
Additional Dell ProSupport Options align to the way you use technology — rapidly responding to your needs, protecting your investment, your productivity and your sensitive data, and providing enhanced proactive support services to help reduce the risk and complexity of managing your infrastructure.
|SPEED OF RESPONSE||PROTECTION||PREMIUM PROACTIVE|
|International Onsite Service* provides service and support for your Dell laptop while you are traveling. |
Specialized Onsite Options allow you to augment your daily IT management or tap into specific technical expertise for critical projects when needed. Recommended options for notebooks include:
|Asset Management and Protection help protect sensitive data.|
Data Management and Protection
|Enterprise-Wide Contract provides enhanced proactive capabilities through:|
|Customization and Set up|
Our end-to-end deployment services are designed to simplify and accelerate the customization and utilization of your new systems. Dell™ Deployment Services include everything from order consolidation to coordination of deployment resources.
Dell-Managed Deployment Services are for customers who need a complete, end-to-end deployment solution. Managed deployments are useful within complex logistical environments which require a single point of contact.
Custom Factory Integration
Dell offers custom factory integration services to help accelerate your system deployments. We can perform a range of services such as custom configuration, consolidation, and integration in our factory so that you can deploy your systems right out of the box.
ImageDirect™ is a web-based, hosted image management service that enables customer to easily create, manage and load custom images for Dell commercial client systems.
|Asset Recovery Services|
Asset Recovery Services
Asset Recovery Services offer safe and environmentally appropriate disposal solutions for outdated or end-of-life IT assets. This service includes transportation, flexible logistics, equipment processing, detailed data security and environmental reports at an affordable price.