High-end performance in a thin, light design
Latitude performance packed into a sleek Ultrabook™ featuring 4th Gen Intel® Core™ vPro™ processors,
Windows 8 Pro, an optional 12" touchscreen and a beautiful design.
Latitude 12 7000 Series Ultrabook™ (E7240)
- 4th gen Intel® Core™ i5-4310U Processor (2.0GHz, 3M cache)
- Windows 7 Professional English64bit (Includes Windows 8.1 Pro license)
- 12.5" HD (1366x768) Anti-Glare WLED-backlit
- 4GB* DDR3L at 1600MHz
- 256GB Mobility Solid State Dr
- Intel® Integrated HD 4400 Graphics
- 3 Year Hardware Service with In-Home/Onsite Service After Remote Diagnosis
- 2.99 lbs
Elite, durable designGet down to business with an Ultrabook™ that features a 12" display with optional touchscreen functionality and a beautiful design.
- The thin (20mm) and lightweight (starting at 2.99 lbs/1.31 kg with a 3-cell battery) * Latitude 12 comes standard with sleek, durable aluminum, soft-touch finishes and a powder-coated base.
- Underneath the surface is a Tri-metal™ chassis designed to survive challenging physical environments and MIL-STD-810G testing.
- Along with Windows 8 come optional touchscreen capability and a carbon-fiber-backed display with edge-to-edge Corning® Gorilla® Glass NBT™.
Innovative wireless capabilitiesWirelessly connect your Latitude 12 to compatible mouse, monitor, keyboard and conference-room equipment with WiGig docking technology. And if you have traditional E-Family docking stations in your office, the Latitude 12 is compatible with those, too.
The Latitude 12 7000 Series also features Intel® wireless display (WiDi) technology*, allowing everything on your laptop screen to be viewed simultaneously on a WiDi-enabled television or projector. (WiGig docking feature is available only in select countries, please contact your local sales representative for more details.)
- Count on fast, reliable performance from your choice of SSD or Solid-State Hybrid Drives.
- Collaborate effectively with an integrated HD webcam and microphone array.
- A backlit keyboard lets you work in low-light environments while a swappable battery keeps you powered up on the go.
The most secure business Ultrabook™
- Latitude 12 guards your data with industry-leading endpoint security solutions that include comprehensive encryption, strong authentication and leading-edge malware prevention.
- Protect data on any device across external media and in the cloud with Dell Data Protection | Encryption. DDP | E is available factory-installed for automatic deployment and integrates seamlessly with your existing processes.
- Ensure only authorized users have access to your data with authentication options including FIPS 201-certified smart card and fingerprint readers and contact-less smart card reader.
- Dell Data Protection | Security Tools enables multifactor, single sign-on and preboot authentication along with centralized, integrated management with your encryption policies using the Dell Data Protection remote management console.
- A FIPS 140-2-certified TPM is available for secure credential storage, and Dell ControlVault adds another layer of hardware security by isolating user passwords and credentials on a separately controlled hardware chip.
- Stop advanced malware in its tracks with Dell Data Protection | Protected Workspace.
- Delete data remotely with Dell’s custom Intel® vPro™ extension for remote hard drive wipe.
The most manageable business Ultrabook™Easily manage your entire Latitude fleet with exceptional integrated management capabilities and options.
- Remotely manage and update your Latitude Ultrabook™ fleet with optional next-generation Intel® vPro™ technology. *
- Update once and update everywhere with Dell-unique Intel vPro extensions for remote BIOS management and hard drive wipe, even when they’re powered off.
- Save time and eliminate guesswork with Dell automated tools and utilities for deploying, monitoring and updating systems.
- Centralize and automate laptop management with best-in-class integration into Microsoft System Center and Dell KACE appliances.
- Create a standardized environment and simplify deployments with long lifecycles, Dell Configuration and Deployment Services and Dell Imaging Services.
Designed for laptops with up to 14" screens, this premium leather case offers convenient storage and protection.
Connect a VGA monitor or projector to the Mini Display Port on your Dell system.
Dazzle your audience in the conference room and beyond with the palm-sized, multimedia Dell Mobile Projector - M115HD with bright LED technology.
Upgrade to ProSupport Plus – the only complete support that combines proactive resolution, automated prevention and protection for PCs and tablets.
When you customize your system you will find these other support options, with ProSupport Plus offering the most complete support service:
ProSupport Plus, Dell’s most complete* support service for PCs and tablets*, is the only support service that can prevent issues before they occur. Dell’s SupportAssist will detect when a hard drive or battery is about to fail, automatically create a case for resolution and notify the customer that the new hardware is on its way. This end to end support service also includes 24x7 priority access to ProSupport engineers who provide help for hardware and software challenges, repair for devices that are accidentally damaged and the ability to keep a hard drive after replacement allowing you to ensure your data is stays secure.*When necessary, Dell will provide onsite* support to ensure repairs are done quickly and conveniently. ProSupport Plus provides all the support essentials that will reduce downtime automatically.
Accidents happen, and with Dell’s Accidental Damage Service* you can reduce the downtime. We’ll repair a laptop damaged by an electrical surge, liquid spill or drop.
- Intel® Integrated HD Graphics 4400
- 31.7cm (12.5) HD (1366x768) Anti-Glare LED-backlit
- 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet
Wireless LAN and WiMAX Options:
Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 (802.11ac 2x2, + Bluetooth 4.0)
Dell Wireless 1601 (802.11n 2x2, + Bluetooth & WiGig) (Coming Soon!)
Dell Wireless 1506 (802.11g/n 1x1, no Bluetooth)
Mobile Broadband* & GPS Options:
Dell Wireless™ 5570 HSPA+ Mini Card (Coming Soon!)
Dell Wireless™ 5808 LTE Mobile Broadband
- High Quality Speakers
Stereo global headset jack
Integrated, noise reducing array microphones
Optional Integrated HD video webcam and Dell Webcam Central software
Ports, Slots & Chassis
Network connector (RJ-45) - 1
USB 3.0 - 3
Stereo headphone/Microphone combo jack - 1
HDMI - 1
mDisplayPort - 1
1 Full and 2 Half Mini Card Slots
Optional SmartCard Reader/Contactless SmartCard Reader/Fingerprint Reader or FIPS Fingerprint
Dimensions & Weight*
Width: 12.2" / 310.5mm
Depth: 8.3" / 211.0mm
2.99lbs / 1.36kg (with 3-cell battery)
Single Pointing Keyboard: Standard or Backlit
- 65 Watt or 90W AC Adapter
65W BFR/PVC Free AC Adapter
90W Auto/Air DC adapter (optional)
3-cell (31Whr) Lithium Ion battery with ExpressCharge™
4-cell (42Whr) Lithium Ion battery with ExpressCharge™
- Intel® vPro™* Technology’s advanced management features (optional, requires Intel WiFi® Link WLAN)
Factory Image Load, BIOS Customization, Hardwar Customization, Asset Tagging and Reporting
On the go:
Dell Executive leather carrying case, Dell mDP to VGA adapter, Dell UltraMobile projector, Dell 90W Auto/Air charger with power cord
In the office:
Dell E-series Port Replicator or D5000 WiGig Dock, UltraSharp Monitors, Dell Wireless Keyboard and Mouse
4th generation Intel® Core™ vPro™
Dell Latitude is the world’s most manageable vPro-enabled laptop, with Dell-unique vPro extensions.