Flexible, powerful and optimized
|Line-rate ports||48 x 10GbE SFP+ ports or 72 10GbE ports with breakout cables||48 x 10GBaseT ports plus 24 10GbE ports with breakout cables||48 x 10GbE SFP+ ports & FC/FCoE ports|
|40GbE ports||6 x 40GbE QSFP+ ports||6 x 40GbE QSFP+ ports||4 x 40GbE QFSP+ ports|
|Size||1RU, 1.71 h x 17.09 w x 17.13" d (4.35 h x 43.4 w x 46 cm d)||1RU, 1.71"h x 17.09w x 17.13" d (4.35 h x 43.4 w x 43.5cm d)||1RU, 1.73 h x 17.32 w x 18" d (4.4 h x 44 w x 46 cm d)|
|Weight||18.52 lbs (8.4 kg)||18.52 lbs (8.4 kg)||34 lbs (15.42 kg)|
|Power supply||100 - 240 VAC 50/60 Hz||100-240 VAC 50/60Hz||100 - 240 VAC 50/60 Hz, -48 to -60 VDC|
|Redundancy||Hot swappable redundant power|
|Hot swappable redundant fans|
|Switch I/O bandwidth||1.44 Tbps||1.44Tbps||1.28 Tbps|
|Forwarding rate||1080 Mpps||1080 Mpps||960 Mpps|
|Switching latency||sub 600ns||2.5 microseconds||800ns|
|Packet buffer memory||12MB||16MB||9MB|
|Safety||UL/CSA 60950-L Second Edition, EN 60950-1 Second Edition, IEC 60950-1 Second Edition Including all National Deviations and Group Differences, EN 60825-1 Safety of Laser Products Part1: Equipment Classification Requirements and User’s Guide, EN 60825-2 Safety of Laser Products Part 2: Safety of Optical Fibre Communications Systems, FDA Regulation 21 CFR 1040.10 and 1040.11|
|Emissions||Australia/New Zealand: ASNZS CISPR 22: 2006,m Class A, Canada: ICES-003, Issue-4, Class A, Europe: EN 55022: 2006+A1:2007 (CISPR 22: 2006), Class A, Japan: VCCI V3/2009 Class A|
|Immunity||EN300 386 V1.4.1:2008 EMC for Network Equipment, EN 55024: 1988 + A1: 2001 + A2: 2003, EN 61000-3-2: Harmonic Current Emissions, EN 61000-3-3: Voltage Fluctuations and Flicker, EN61000-4-2: ESD, EN 61000-4-3: Radiated Immunity, EN 61000-4-4: EFT, EN 61000-4-5: Surge, EN 61000-4-6: Low Frequency Conducted Immunity|
|RoHS||All S Series components are EU RoHS compliant|
Product Safety, EMC and Environmental Datasheets
Dell Regulatory Compliance Home Page
Dell and the Environment
- Includes the S4048-ON and S5000 10GbE switches and the S4048T-ON 1/10 GbE BASE-T switches
- Delivers low latency, superb performance and high density with hardware and software redundancy
- Offers Active Fabric designs using S- or Z-Series core switches to create a two-tier, 1/10/40 GbE data center network architecture
- Provides an ideal solution for applications in high-performance data center and computing environments
- Disaggregated-hardware/software solutions bring new levels of freedom and flexibility to your data center.
- Support for Open Network Install Environment (ONIE) enables zero-touch installation of alternate network operating systems.
- Your choice of network operating system helps simplify data-center fabric orchestration and automation.
- A broad ecosystem of open-source and Linux-based applications and tools provides more options to optimize and manage your network.
- Line-rate performance and port densities from 48 x 1/10Gb BASE-T line-rate ports in the S4048T-ON switches to 48 x 10GbE ports in the S4048-ON
- Efficient stacking offered in many S-Series models
- Industry-hardened and feature-rich operating system for maximum dependability and uptime with select third-party OS options
- Full support for iSCSI storage area networks, including DCB
Network assessments offer a holistic view of your multivendor environment and a reference point for how your infrastructure is performing. Our experts can pinpoint and expose issues in your network using specialized software and diagnostic tools. These unbiased and insightful analytics are aggregated into comprehensive reports that can include recommendations on how to improve performance, optimize devices and remediate problems.
Is your network complex and coiled? Dell can perform a detailed audit and inventory of all multivendor devices in the network to provide visibility and identify configuration issues.
Network Optimization Assessment
Many networks are a multivendor patchwork of devices not running at their optimal state. We can analyze devices from all leading vendors and make recommendations to optimize the entire multivendor design, fine-tune devices and maximize performance of the holistic environment.
Application Performance Assessment
When business applications and databases begin to show signs of latency or completely shut down, we can conduct a comprehensive analysis to uncover performance issues, isolate problems and accelerate troubleshooting of the enterprise infrastructure and software applications.
Moving to a Voice-over-IP (VoIP) solution requires the right network infrastructure to support real-time voice protocols. Simulated load testing, analysis and review can identify the next steps to building a VoIP platform or fixing issues of an existing one.
Network Security Assessment
Safeguard your network from constant attack. Let our experts examine and uncover potential vulnerabilities and provide a comprehensive security design assessment.
Wireless Site Survey
Great wireless connectivity starts with a detailed site survey. Dell can analyze existing infrastructure, identify RF interference and recommend the best design and optimal placement of new devices.
The Dell standardized deployment service guarantees that setup and optimization are done correctly so that you can launch faster and focus on daily business.
Expert planning and execution seamlessly weaves Dell’s open systems architecture with existing network infrastructure from Cisco, HP, Juniper and others. Choose ProDeploy Plus, the most complete deployment offer on the market for complex environments.
Setting up network protocols, and policies can be tricky. Dell certified network engineers can configure and optimize your new hardware remotely or on-site and get new technology up and running fast .
Mounting and cabling of wired and wireless devices can be tedious and time-consuming. Get worry-free hardware installations with experienced Dell technicians who do deployments every day .
Dell offers a variety of on-site and remote support options that can be added at time of purchase. Dell ProSupport ensures problems are diagnosed and resolved by experts.
Dell network consulting provides on-site or remote access to highly skilled professionals who provide project assistance and guidance across a variety of technologies for a specific project or timeframe.
|On-site and Remote Assistance|
Get immediate access to Dell ProSupport professionals who can help you troubleshoot and diagnose issues that may arise in your network.
Free yourself to focus on the business and allow Dell to manage your network with dedicated professional support.
Learn practical knowledge and operational techniques.
Get professional insight with a half-day collaborative whiteboard session to discuss potential improvements.
For those times when you need a little extra technical guidance, certified experts are available to discuss system design or help resolve complex issues that can be billed by the day, week or by the phone call. Time-based consulting is as flexible as you are.
• Access Distribution Networking
• Gateway and Security
• Microsoft Exchange
• Wireless Networking
• Systems Management
• Core Layer/MPLS Networking
• Data Protection and Recovery
• Storage Area Networking (SAN)
• Storage Technologies
|Big Switch Networks|
Dell and Big Switch Networks (BSN) offer:
• Big Cloud Fabric™ (BCF) — a data center leaf-spine Clos fabric solution built using Dell open networking switches. BCF leverages the hardware-software disaggregation enabled by Dell and BSN software defined network (SDN) designs. Inspired by hyper-scale data center architectures, this solution provides significant cost savings and operational efficiencies for enterprise data centers.
• Big Monitoring Fabric (BMF) — a solution that leverages Dell switches to provide a highly scalable, flexible, cost-effective monitoring network that enables you to track network traffic and deliver network monitoring, security monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
Network virtualization overlays using Midokura’s Enterprise MidoNet platform over robust network underlays with Dell switches give you the power to do more, at cloud scale across a global environment. Dell and the Midokura Enterprise MidoNet team deliver an end-to-end solution with the flexibility to unify pools of virtualized and non-virtualized IT assets. Network virtualization with Midokura Enterprise MidoNet and the Dell data center S6000 switches provide the programmability, automation and cloud scalability to meet today’s complex network requirements.