Flexible architectural agility
|Line-rate ports||32 x 40GbE QSFP+ ports or 96 x 10GbE and 8 x 40GbE ports||32 x 40GbE QSFP+ ports or 96 x 10GbE and 8 x 40GbE ports||32 ports of 100GbE (QSFP28), 32 ports 100GbE (QSFP28/CXP), 32|
ports of 50GbE (QSFP28), 32 ports of 40GbE (QSFP+/QSFP28),
128 ports of 25GbE (QSFP28) or 128 ports of 10GbE (using
|40GbE ports||32 x 40GbE QSFP+ ports||32 x 40GbE QSFP+ ports||up to 64 x 40GbE QSFP+ ports|
|Size||1RU, 1.71h x 17.08w x 18.11" d (4.3h x 43w x 46cm d)||1RU, 1.73 h x 17.32 w x 18.11" d (4.4 h x 44 w x 46 cm d)||2 RU, 3.5 x 17.08 x 18.11” (8.8cm h x 44cm w x 46cm d)|
|Weight||16.12 lbs||14.4 lbs (6.54 kg)||34 lbs (15.42 kg)|
|Power supply||100 - 240 VAC 50/60 Hz||100 - 240 VAC 50/60 Hz||100–240 VAC 50/60 Hz|
|Redundancy||Hot swappable redundant power|
|Hot swappable redundant fans|
|Switch I/O bandwidth||2.56 Tbps (Full-Duplex)||2.56 Tbps (Full-Duplex)||3.2Tbps (Full-Duplex)|
|Forwarding rate||1658 MPPS||1462 Mpps||1449 Mpbs|
|Switching latency||Sub 600ns||600ns||450-550ns|
|Packet buffer memory||16MB||12MB||16MB|
|Safety||UL/CSA 60950-L Second Edition, EN 60950-1 Second Edition, IEC 60950-1 Second Edition Including all National Deviations and Group Differences, EN 60825-1 Safety of Laser Products Part1: Equipment Classification Requirements and User’s Guide, EN 60825-2 Safety of Laser Products Part 2: Safety of Optical Fibre Communications Systems, FDA Regulation 21 CFR 1040.10 and 1040.11|
|Emissions||Australia/New Zealand: ASNZS CISPR 22: 2006,m Class A, Canada: ICES-003, Issue-4, Class A, Europe: EN 55022: 2006+A1:2007 (CISPR 22: 2006), Class A, Japan: VCCI V3/2009 Class A|
|Immunity||EN300 386 V1.4.1:2008 EMC for Network Equipment, EN 55024: 1988 + A1: 2001 + A2: 2003, EN 61000-3-2: Harmonic Current Emissions, EN 61000-3-3: Voltage Fluctuations and Flicker, EN61000-4-2: ESD, EN 61000-4-3: Radiated Immunity, EN 61000-4-4: EFT, EN 61000-4-5: Surge, EN 61000-4-6: Low Frequency Conducted Immunity|
|RoHS||All S Series components are EU RoHS compliant|
- High density for 40GbE deployments in top-of-rack, middle-of-row and end-of-row deployments
- A choice of S6000-ON and S6010-ON 40GbE switches and the S6100-ON 10/25/40/50/100GbE modular switch
- S6100-ON modules that include: 16-port 40GbE QSFP+; 8-port 100GbE QSFP28; combo module with four 100GbE CXP ports and four 100GbE QSFP28 ports
- An ideal solution for modern workloads and applications designed for the open networking era
- Disaggregated-hardware/software solutions bring new levels of freedom and flexibility to your data center.
- Support for Open Network Install Environment (ONIE) enables zero-touch installation of alternate network operating systems.
- Your choice of network operating system helps simplify data-center fabric orchestration and automation.
- A broad ecosystem of open-source and Linux-based applications and tools provides more options to optimize and manage your network.
- Support for OpenFlow 1.3 provides interoperability with industry-standard OpenFlow controllers.
- VXLAN Layer 2 Gateway enabling allows connection to hypervisor-based overlay networks.
- Third-party OS support provides an easy entry point to SDN for part or all of your production environment.
Dell Networking S6000-ON
Provide high-density switching for top-, middle- and end-of-rack deployments with a 1RU switch that features 32 x 40GbE ports or 96 x 10GbE ports plus 8 x 40GbE ports or 104 10GbE ports with breakout cables. The S6000-ON also supports Open Network Install Environment (ONIE) for zero-touch installation of network operating systems.
Dell Networking S6010-ON
Achieve optimum density, cost-effectiveness and performance in demanding computing environments with this innovative, next-generation top/middle/end-of-rack data center switch. The S6010-ON supports Open Network Install Environment (ONIE) for zero-touch installation of network operating systems.
|Dell Networking S6100-ON|
Through multi-expansion modules, the Dell Networking S6100-ON offers the flexibility to support your current and future data center requirements.
• Deliver deployment agility through multi-expansion modular flexibility in just 2U.
• Easily deploy flexible multi-rate port technology (10/25/40/50/100GbE) with the QFSP+, QFSP28 and QSFP28/CXP modules.
• High density enables 40GbE deployments in top-of-rack and end-of-row deployments.
|Big Switch Networks|
Dell and Big Switch Networks (BSN) offer:
• Big Cloud Fabric™ (BCF) — a data center leaf-spine Clos fabric solution built using Dell open networking switches. BCF leverages the hardware-software disaggregation enabled by Dell and BSN software defined network (SDN) designs. Inspired by hyper-scale data center architectures, this solution provides significant cost savings and operational efficiencies for enterprise data centers.
• Big Monitoring Fabric (BMF) — a solution that leverages Dell switches to provide a highly scalable, flexible, cost-effective monitoring network that enables you to track network traffic and deliver network monitoring, security monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
Network virtualization overlays using Midokura’s Enterprise MidoNet platform over robust network underlays with Dell switches give you the power to do more, at cloud scale across a global environment. Dell and the Midokura Enterprise MidoNet team deliver an end-to-end solution with the flexibility to unify pools of virtualized and non-virtualized IT assets. Network virtualization with Midokura Enterprise MidoNet and the Dell data center S6000 switches provide the programmability, automation and cloud scalability to meet today’s complex network requirements.
Network assessments offer a holistic view of your multivendor environment and a reference point for how your infrastructure is performing. Our experts can pinpoint and expose issues in your network using specialized software and diagnostic tools. These unbiased and insightful analytics are aggregated into comprehensive reports that can include recommendations on how to improve performance, optimize devices and remediate problems.
Network Optimization Assessment Many networks are a multivendor patchwork of devices not running at their optimal state. We can analyze devices from all leading vendors and make recommendations to optimize the entire multivendor design, fine-tune devices and maximize performance of the holistic environment.
Application Performance Assessment When business applications and databases begin to show signs of latency or completely shut down, we can conduct a comprehensive analysis to uncover performance issues, isolate problems and accelerate troubleshooting of the enterprise infrastructure and software applications.
VoIP Assessment Moving to a Voice-over-IP (VoIP) solution requires the right network infrastructure to support real-time voice protocols. Simulated load testing, analysis and review can identify the next steps to building a VoIP platform or fixing issues of an existing one.
Network Security Assessment Safeguard your network from constant attack. Let our experts examine and uncover potential vulnerabilities and provide a comprehensive security design assessment.
Wireless Site Survey Great wireless connectivity starts with a detailed site survey. Dell can analyze existing infrastructure, identify RF interference and recommend the best design and optimal placement of new devices.
Expert planning and execution seamlessly weaves Dell’s open systems architecture with existing network infrastructure from Cisco, HP, Juniper and others. Choose ProDeploy Plus, the most complete deployment offer on the market, for complex environments.
Setting up network protocols, and policies can be tricky. Dell certified network engineers can configure and optimize your new hardware remotely or onsite and get new technology up and running fast .
Mounting and cabling of wired and wireless devices can be tedious and time-consuming. Get worry-free hardware installations with experienced Dell technicians who do deployments every day .
|Onsite and Remote Assistance|
Get immediate access to Dell ProSupport professionals who can help you troubleshoot and diagnose issues that may arise in your network.
Free yourself to focus on the business and allow Dell to manage your network with dedicated professional support.
Learn practical knowledge and operational techniques.
Get professional insight with a half-day collaborative whiteboard session to discuss potential improvements.Contact us to request a workshop.
For those times when you need a little extra technical guidance, certified experts are available to discuss system design or help resolve complex issues that can be billed by the day, week or by the phone call. Time-based consulting is as flexible as you are.
|Available Remote Consulting Services|
• Access Distribution Networking
• Gateway and Security
• Microsoft Exchange
• Wireless Networking
• Systems Management
• Core Layer/MPLS Networking
• Data Protection and Recovery
• Storage Area Networking (SAN)
• Storage Technologies
Choose Dell’s premium support service, ProSupport, for 24/7 direct telephone and online access* to advanced-level technicians based in your region. Whether you have one office or hundreds around the world, protect your investments with this simple yet flexible approach.