Services Gateway for Small to Medium Businesses and Branch Offices
The PowerConnect™ J-SRX240 services gateway supports up to 1.5 Gbps firewall performance, 250 Mbps IP Security (IPSec) virtual private network (VPN), 250 Mbps IPS and features unified threat management (UTM) technology with IPS anti-spam, anti-virus and Web filtering functions. The J-SRX240 is ideally suited for securing branch distributed enterprise locations.
- Consolidate fast, highly available switching, routing, security and applications capabilities into a single device.
- Secure essential capabilities that connect and manage workforce locations with up to hundreds of users.
- Automate network operations with the highly available and scalable Junos® network OS modular software architecture.
Service Gateway for Small and Medium OfficesThe PowerConnect J-SRX240 services gateway consolidates fast, highly available switching, routing, security and applications capabilities in a single device for safe, reliable connectivity and new service delivery.
Perimeter SecurityPowerConnect J-SRX240 services gateway employs best-in-class firewall and VPN technologies to secure the perimeter with minimal configuration. By using zones and policies, even new network administrators can configure and deploy an SRX series router for a small to medium business quickly and securely.
- The firewall (zone) inspects traffic flows and state to ensure that originating and returning information is expected and permitted for a particular zone.
- The security policy determines if the session can originate in one zone and traverse to another. This architectural choice enables the enterprise to make sure that only legitimate traffic is on its network and that traffic is flowing in the expected direction.
Content SecurityTo protect your network from the latest content-borne threats, the SRX series of services gateway for small or medium businesses and branch offices offers a complete suite of unified threat management (UTM) services to protect company assets and prevent data loss, including:
- Intrusion prevention system (IPS)
- Web filtering
- Content filtering
Junos Operating SystemThe PowerConnect J-SRX240 services gateway runs on the Junos OS, which is commonly used across all J-Series products, as well as many of the world’s largest and most complex networks.
- Highly disciplined, the Junos OS development process uses a single source code, follows a single quarterly release train and employs a highly available modular architecture that prevents isolated failures from bringing an entire system down.
- Fully regression-tested, each new release is a true superset of the previous version. Therefore, whenever Junos-powered products are updated, all existing capabilities will be maintained and operate in the same way.
- Session-based forwarding combines the session state information of a traditional firewall and the next-hop forwarding of a classic router into a single operation, helping to improve throughput and lower latency for session traffic when compared to classic routers.
ProtectionThis PowerConnect™ switch is backed by an Extended Life Warranty*, which guarantees Basic Hardware Service (repair or replacement) for as long as you own the product or until five years after end of model sales.
While Basic Hardware Service delivers reliable support for your hardware, most organizations benefit from additional levels of support that protects their IT investment and maximizes productivity. We recommend Dell™ ProSupport™, an enhanced services suite that includes: 24x7 tech support, accelerated response times, immediate access to L2 technical experts and proactive support options. Compare the additional features of ProSupport here. Go beyond the basics and start transforming your IT infrastructure into a true business asset.
Supporting your unique environmentThe right support is not one-size-fits-all, it’s what fits your environment. Dell ProSupport provides flexible and reliable support that empowers you to customize services to meet your unique business needs. Choose support based on how you use technology and where you want to allocate resources.
Whether you need to support an IT staff or end users, Dell ProSupport will help you remove barriers so you can get back to work. You’ll receive:
- 24x7x365 direct access to Dell Expert Centers via email, chat and phone support
- Mission Critical Response Options, including ability to self-designate Severity Level 1
- Hardware and software diagnostics and troubleshooting, including direct Dell OEM (original equipment manufacturer) support and 3rd party collaborative support
- "How-to" support on popular software applications such as Norton™ Anti-Virus, Microsoft® Office, Microsoft Small Business Server, Intuit® QuickBooks®, Adobe® Photoshop® and Adobe Acrobat4®
- Skip the script and save time with tech-to-tech support
- Access to tools and resources to certify your technicians that allows them to self-dispatch parts and labor
- Award-winning support from Global Command Centers for dispatch monitoring and end-to-end case management for critical situations or natural disasters
To learn more about Dell ProSupport visit www.dell.com/prosupport.
Simplify your IT infrastructureDell ProConsult™ Global Infrastructure Consulting Services can help integrate your new enterprise hardware into an existing or evolving IT infrastructure. We can provide guidance whether you’re adding single or multiple servers, a storage area network or virtualizing your environment. We can also help you enhance the overall performance of your IT infrastructure and data center by consolidating software and hardware, reviewing data usage to optimize the environment, developing a business continuity plan and by helping you migrate to standards-based technologies.
We utilize skilled solution architects, innovative tools, automated analysis and our own intellectual property to give customers rapid insight into the root causes of unnecessary complexity. We seek better answers than traditional service models, based on our belief that solving problems should not need armies of people. Our strategy is to help customers quickly identify high-impact, short-duration projects that deliver ROI (return on investment) and free up resources to obtain competitive advantage. The result is practical, action-oriented plans with specific, predictable, measurable outcomes. From Data Center Optimization to Server Virtualization to Systems Management, our consulting services help you build a more efficient enterprise.
Accelerating deploymentDell helps simplify implementation with deployment services that speed up production time of new hardware and IT solutions. During the initial system build of your server, we can customize software and hardware to match your specific requirements. By helping you rapidly deploy new capabilities while minimizing disruptions, we can contribute to improved efficiencies and lower costs.
Empowering your teamOur education services provide training and certification courses to help you and your team better manage and use your new hardware, so you can reap the full benefits of standards-based technologies.
For more information, please visit www.dell.com/services.