Enterprise-class server with the right balance of performance and value
The Dell™ PowerEdge™ R310 is a high-performance, one-socket 1U rack server with the right computing power, business scalability, simplified management, data protection and security features to make it an ideal choice for small to midsize businesses, remote offices and enterprises.
- Business Value: The performance, features and availability to scale to meet a variety of business needs
- Simplified Management: With optional Dell Lifecycle Controller and full OpenManage™ suite for enhanced diagnostics and reduced management time
- Flexible Technology: Energy-efficient, compact server for ease of deployment Powered by Intel® Xeon® Processor 3400 Series®
- One Dual-core Intel® Celeron® G1101
One Dual-core Intel® Pentium® G6950
One Dual-core Intel® Core™ i3 500 Series Processor
One Quad-core Intel® Xeon® 3400 series processor
- Microsoft® Windows Server® 2012
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Essentials
Microsoft Windows® Small Business Server 2011
Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2008
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 SP2, x86/x64 (x64 includes Hyper-V®)
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, x64 (includes Hyper-V v2)
Microsoft Windows HPC Server 2008
Novell® SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®
Microsoft Hyper-V through Microsoft Windows Server 2008
VMware® vSphere® ESX™ and ESXi™
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization®
- Intel 3420
- Up to 48GB (6 DIMM slots): 1GB/2GB/4GB/8GB up to 1333MT/s
- Hot-plug Hard Drive Options:
2.5" SATA SSD, SAS (10K)
3.5" SAS (15K, 10K), nearline SAS (7.2K), SATA (7.2K)
Cabled Hard Drive Options:
3.5" SAS (15K, 10K), nearline SAS (7.2K), SATA (7.2K)
Maximum Internal Storage:
Up to 8TB*
For information about Dell external storage options, visit Dell.com/Storage.
- Cabled or Hot-Swap options available:
Cabled HD options:
Up to four 3.5" SAS or SATA drives
Hot-Swap HD options:
Up to four 3.5” SAS or SATA or 2.5” SAS or SSD drives
- 2 PCIe G2 slots:
One x8 slot
One x1 slot
- Internal Controllers:
PERC H200 (6Gb/s)
PERC H700 (6Gb/s) with 512MB battery-backed cache; 512MB, 1GB Non-Volatile battery-backed cache
PERC S100 (software based)
PERC S300 (software based)
PERC H800 (6Gb/s) with 512MB of battery-backed cache;512MB, 1GB Non-Volatile battery-backed cache
External HBAs (non-RAID)
6Gbps SAS HBA
- Broadcom 5716 Gigabit Ethernet controller
- Intel Gigabit ET Quad Port Server Adapter
Intel Gigabit ET Dual Port Server Adapter
Broadcom NetExtreme II 5709 Dual-Port Gb Ethernet TOE Server Adapter
Broadcom NetExtreme II 5709 Dual-Port Gb Ethernet TOE/iSCSI Offload Server Adapter
Intel PRO/1000 PT Single Port Server Adapter
Brocade® CNA Dual-port adapter
Optional add in HBAs:
QLE2562 FC8 Dual Channel HBA
LPe12002 FC8 Dual Channel HBA
QLE2560 FC8 Single Channel HBA
LPe12000 FC8 Single Channel HBA
Brocade® FC4 and 8 GB HBAs
- Hot-plug hard drives
hot-plug redundant power supplies
DDR3 ECC memory
quad-pack LED or an interactive LCD display screen
- Matrox G200eW w/ 8MB
- R310 physical dimensions:
42.4 x 434.0 x 610 (mm) ( w/o bezel)
1.67” H x 17.10” W x 24.00” D (in)
ReadyRails™ sliding rails for tool-less mounting in 4-post racks with square or unthreaded round holes, with support for optional tool-less cable management arm
ReadyRails™ static rails for tool-less mounting in 4-post racks with square or unthreaded round holes or tooled mounting in 4-post threaded and 2-post (Telco) racks
- Dell™ OpenManage™
BMC, IPMI 2.0 compliant
Optional: iDRAC6 Express, iDRAC6 Enterprise, and vFlash
Easy to ManageThe Dell™ PowerEdge™ R310 helps you focus on running your business. The optional advanced embedded management engine, the Lifecycle Controller, automates common management tasks and enables zero-media, low-touch deployment that is efficient, secure and user-friendly.
- The optional Dell™ Lifecycle Controller is integrated on the server and can simplify administrator tasks by performing a complete set of provisioning functions such as system deployment, system updates, hardware configuration and diagnostics from a single intuitive interface called Unified Server Configurator in a pre-OS environment. This eliminates the need to use and maintain multiple pieces of disparate CD/DVD media. With the automation of the Lifecycle Controller server deployment, the R310 is up and running fast.
- The Dell™ OpenManage™ portfolio also includes the Dell™ Management Console, which is included with every Dell™ server and which provides IT administrators with a consolidated console view of their IT infrastructure.
Business ValueYou are serious about your business, and you need a server that can handle serious business. The PowerEdge R310 rack server has the right balance of performance, enterprise-class features and business value to meet the needs of small to midsized businesses and branch offices alike.
- The PowerEdge R310 has price/performance that includes options for full redundancy in power supplies and hot-swap hard drives.
- The processor options and memory configurations are balanced to run typical business applications such as Windows® Small Business Server, Business Center Essentials, SQL Workgroup/Standard, Oracle® 11g Standard, VMware®, Active Directory®, SharePoint® and file/print.
- The PowerEdge R310 helps you keep your data safe with multiple RAID options and up to four 2.5- or 3.5-inch hard drives.
By listening to and focusing on the details, we have delivered on our customers’ inspiration — simplicity of operations married with innovative design features. We see the Dell™ design as a revolution of system commonality and customer-inspired usability.
- All external ports, power supplies and LED lights/LCD screens are in the same location for familiar user experience as well as easy installation and deployment.
- The PowerEdge™ R310 streamlined design also provides quiet acoustics and an optional interactive LCD screen positioned on the front of the server for ease of monitoring.
- Robust, metal hard drive carriers and organized cabling are designed to improve component access and airflow across the server
No other company knows more about storing and protecting information on Dell servers and storage arrays—than Dell. Direct feedback from customers--fueled by the Dell direct model--drives the design and development of a broad range of storage products for organizations of all sizes. Upon consulting with you to understand your operational objectives, Dell can design and deploy a custom storage solution and become a primary contact to assist you with your enterprise applications and information.
|Storage Area Network (SAN): |
A network of shared storage resources
|Network Attached Storage (NAS): |
A storage server that connects to a network
|Disk Storage Arrays: |
Disk enclosures that connect to a server or network
|Disk Backup : |
Disk Based Backup and data protection
|Tape Automation: |
Automated tape systems for consolidated backup
|Tape Drives and Removable Disk Drives: |
Tape and Removable Disk Drive devices used to back up and restore information
Dell ProSupport — Faster, more reliable support services designed to address the technology challenges you face today. This new support portfolio is focused on your needs, time demands and budgets.
Need professional support services that take care of both you and your employees’ IT needs 7x24? Choose Dell ProSupport to get access to a certified technician in two minutes or less.
Got an IT staff? Choose Dell ProSupport for IT and get tech-to-tech support with Fast-Track Dispatch, along with 7x24 access to Dell-certified technicians.
|Dell ProSupport Service Model|
|Dell ProSupport||Dell ProSupport for IT|
Designed for organizations with limited or no dedicated IT staff.
|Designed to provide tech-to-tech support for IT Professionals, Database Administrators and internal Service Desks or helpdesks.|
Next, Dell ProSupport Options align to the way you use technology – rapidly responding to your needs, protecting your investment, your productivity and your sensitive data, and providing enhanced proactive support services to help reduce the risk and complexity of managing your infrastructure.
|SPEED OF RESPONSE||PROTECTION||PROACTIVE|
|Mission Critical — Perfect for server and storage environments where avoiding unplanned downtime and reducing recovery time through priority response are a must. The package includes priority 4-hour Onsite* Service after Remote Diagnosis or optional 2-hour response with 6-hour hardware repair, Dell’s proven Critical Situation process, and emergency dispatch.||Data Management and Protection |
|Proactive Maintenance — Maximizes the availability and stability of your infrastructure proactively. The package includes a detailed system assessment and implementation of driver or firmware updates and upgrades for your server or storage systems. |
Remote Advisory Options — Provides telephone and Internet access to technical expertise for specialized applications and solutions such as Microsoft Exchange, Virtualization, virus remediation and more.
|Basic Hardware Support|
Ideal for non-essential application environments. This service offers business-hour, phone-based support* for hardware-only issues with Next Business Day On-Site Service* following completion of phone-based troubleshooting
|Customization and Set-Up|
Go from factory to deployment with Dell server installation services. Our modular suite of installation services allows you to customize the right package of services needed to rapidly implement your new system.
Get the skills you need to keep pace in today's competitive IT environment with comprehensive training and certification courses. Dell offers a vast array of instructor-led classes and online training courses in a range of topics from server maintenance to in-depth technical overview of specific systems.