Dell PowerEdge R810 2U rack server
Ideal for virtualization, workload consolidation and midsized databases, the Dell™ PowerEdge™ R810 is a high-density, 4-socket or 2-socket, 2U rack server that combines advanced management capabilities with leading price-per-performance features.
- More processing power and more memory capacity to maximize workload
- Integrated systems management, Lifecycle Controller and embedded diagnostics to help maximize uptime
- FlexMem Bridge technology — more memory per processor to solve growing memory demand needs
Intelligent Platforms, Uncommon Reliability
Server Reliability: A Long-Term Goal
Dell customers have told us they need a server manufacturer that inspires confidence through its reliability, availability and quality of products. By listening to and focusing on what our customers want, we’ve set a simple reliability goal: Deliver quality products that stand the test of time.
To help meet this goal, Dell is dedicated to improving reliability processes by:
- Employing robust validation and testing processes for durable product design
- Verifying that each supplier meets our stringent quality standards
- Utilizing robust, durable industrial materials to enable long product lifecycles
- Introducing a Unified Server Configurator (USC), which helps to minimize downtime by offering embedded and persistent diagnostics with no media required
- Improving redundancy generation over generation with features such as dual internal SD modules that provide failover at the hypervisor level
- Implementing a one-touch quality-control process designed to ensure that one person is responsible for the entire server build
- Ensuring that every fully configured Dell™ server is tested — and retested — before it leaves the factory
Intelligent, Connected Foundation
By listening to and focusing on our customers, Dell delivers innovation that matters and value that lasts.
FlexMem Bridge Technology: A Customer-Inspired Innovation
Applications continue to demand more memory per core, and memory continues to be the highest in-demand resource. Designed with this in mind, FlexMem Bridge technology from Dell delivers a practical solution to a real customer need. The FlexMem Bridge essentially mimics and extends Intel’s existing connections from the two populated processors to the DIMM channels that would normally only be accessible if all four processors were populated. This innovation allows you to scale memory to take full advantage of the resources that matter most.
A Complete Management Portfolio
The PowerEdge R810 is simple to deploy, manage and maintain, saving you time and money to focus on what matters most — your people and business.
As part of the 11th Generation PowerEdge portfolio, the PowerEdge R810 offers the system-design commonality, ease of use and cost-saving efficiency found in all 11th Generation servers.
- Dell designs all external ports, power supplies and LED lights in the same location for a familiar user experience, as well as for easy installation and deployment.
- Robust metal hard-drive carriers and organized cabling help to improve component access and airflow across the server.
- Logical layout of the internal components aids with airflow direction, helping to keep the server cool.
- Purposeful design also provides quiet acoustics and an interactive LCD positioned on the front of the server for ease of monitoring.
Limitations on space, power and cooling capacity, combined with rising energy costs, present enormous challenges for IT. Dell PowerEdge servers are designed to drive energy efficiency as a design standard while delivering the performance you need to meet cost and environmental goals. The Dell Energy Smart system design includes features that enable power capping, power inventory and power budgeting to aid in the management of power within your environment.
Energy Smart system design provides up to 16 percent energy savings by:
- Up to two, eight-core Intel® Xeon® processors 6500 series
Up to four, eight-core Intel® Xeon® processors 7500 series
Up to four, ten-core Intel® Xeon® processors E7-2800, E7-4800 and E7-8800 product family
Microsoft® Windows Server® 2012
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 SP2, x86/x64 (x64 includes Hyper-V®)
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, x64 (includes Hyper-V v2)
Microsoft Windows® HPC Server 2008 R2
Novell® SUSE® Linux® Enterprise Server
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®
VMware® vSphere™ ESX and ESXi
- Intel® E 7510
Embedded Hypervisor (Optional)
- VMware® vSphere™ 5.0 (including VMware ESX® 5.0 or VMware ESXi™ 5.0)
- Hot-plug Hard Drive Options:
2.5" SATA SSD, SAS (10K, 15K), nearline SAS (7.2K), SATA (7.2K)
Solid State Storage Cards:
Fusion-io® 160IDSS—160GB ioDrive PCIe solid state storage card
Fusion-io® 640IDSS—640GB ioDrive Duo PCIe solid state storage card
Maximum Internal Storage:
Up to 6TB*
For information about Dell external storage options, visit Dell.com/Storage.
- Hot-Swap options available:
Up to six 2.5” SATA SSD, SAS, nearline SAS, or SATA drives
- 6 PCIe G2 slots + 1 storage slot:
Five x8 slots
One x4 slot
One Storage x4 slot
- Internal Controllers:
PERC H700 with 512MB battery-backed cache; 512MB, 1GB Non-Volatile battery-backed cache
PERC H800 (6Gb/s) with 512MB of battery-backed cache; 512MB, 1GB Non-Volatile battery-backed cache
PERC 6/E with 256MB or 512MB of battery-backed cache
External HBAs (non-RAID):
6Gbps SAS HBA
SAS 5/E HBA
LSI2032 PCIe SCSI HBA
- Two Dual-Port Broadcom® 5709c gigabit NICs
Emulex® OCe10102-FX-D CNA Standup HBA adapter
Emulex® OCE10102-IX-D CNA iSCSI HBA stand up adapter
- Optional NICs:
Broadcom® 57710 Single Port 10GbE NIC, Copper CAT6 PCIe-8
Intel® DA 10GbE NIC, Dual Port, Optical, PCIe-8
Intel® 10GbE Single Port 10GbE NIC, Copper, PCIe-8
Broadcom® NetXtreme® II 5709 Gigabit NIC w/TOE & iSOE, Quad Port, Copper, PCIe-4, (low profile option)
Broadcom® 5709 Dual Port 1GbE NIC w/TOE PCIe-4, (low profile option)
Broadcom® 5709 Dual Port 1GbE NIC w/TOE iSCSI, PCIe-4, (low profile option)
Broadcom® NetXtreme® II 57711 10GbE NIC w/TOE & iSOE, Dual Port, SFP+, PCIe-8
Intel® Gigabit ET NIC, Dual Port, Copper, PCIe-4, (low profile option)
Intel® Gigabit ET NIC, Quad Port, Copper, PCIe-4, (low profile option)
Embedded Network Controllers:
Emulex® OCE10102-FX-D CNA stand up HBA adapter
Emulex® OCE10102-IX-D CNA iSCSI HBA stand up adapter
- Two redundant 1100W hot-plug power supplies
- Hot-plug hard drives, Hot-plug redundant power, ECC memory, LCD screen , Dual Internal SD Modules
- Matrox® G200eW w/ 8MB
- Rack Chassis
3.40 H x 17.4 W x 28 D (in)
86.4 H x 443.1 W x 720.6 D (mm)
Sliding ReadyRails™ for 4-post racks, static ReadyRails™ for 4-post and 2-post racks, and optional support for cable management arm
- Dell™ OpenManage™
BMC, IPMI 2.0 compliant
iDRAC6 Express, Optional iDRAC6 Enterprise and vFlash
Dell ProSupport — Faster, more reliable support services designed to address the technology challenges you face today. This new support portfolio is focused on your needs, time demands and budgets.
Need professional support services that take care of both you and your employees’ IT needs 7x24? Choose Dell ProSupport to get access to a certified technician in two minutes or less.
Got an IT staff? Choose Dell ProSupport for IT and get tech-to-tech support with Fast-Track Dispatch, along with 7x24 access to Dell-certified technicians.
|Dell ProSupport Service Model|
|Dell ProSupport||Dell ProSupport for IT|
Designed for organizations with limited or no dedicated IT staff.
|Designed to provide tech-to-tech support for IT Professionals, Database Administrators and internal Service Desks or helpdesks.|
Next, Dell ProSupport Options align to the way you use technology – rapidly responding to your needs, protecting your investment, your productivity and your sensitive data, and providing enhanced proactive support services to help reduce the risk and complexity of managing your infrastructure.
|SPEED OF RESPONSE||PROTECTION||PROACTIVE|
|Mission Critical — Perfect for server and storage environments where avoiding unplanned downtime and reducing recovery time through priority response are a must. The package includes priority 4-hour Onsite* Service after Remote Diagnosis or optional 2-hour response with 6-hour hardware repair, Dell’s proven Critical Situation process, and emergency dispatch.||Data Management and Protection |
|Proactive Maintenance — Maximizes the availability and stability of your infrastructure proactively. The package includes a detailed system assessment and implementation of driver or firmware updates and upgrades for your server or storage systems. |
Remote Advisory Options — Provides telephone and Internet access to technical expertise for specialized applications and solutions such as Microsoft Exchange, Virtualization, virus remediation and more.
|Basic Hardware Support|
Ideal for non-essential application environments. This service offers business-hour, phone-based support* for hardware-only issues with Next Business Day On-Site Service* following completion of phone-based troubleshooting
|Customization and Set-Up|
Go from factory to deployment with Dell server installation services. Our modular suite of installation services allows you to customize the right package of services needed to rapidly implement your new system.
Get the skills you need to keep pace in today's competitive IT environment with comprehensive training and certification courses. Dell offers a vast array of instructor-led classes and online training courses in a range of topics from server maintenance to in-depth technical overview of specific systems.
Dell Management Plug-in for VMware vCenter
What if you could manage your physical infrastructure from your virtual console?
What if you could rapidly and consistently provision hardware and deploy virtual machines from within VMware vCenter?
What if you could reduce the number of steps needed to deploy virtual infrastructure?
With the Dell Management Plug-In for VMware vCenter installed in your VMware environment, you can:
• Get deep-level detail from Dell servers for inventory, monitoring and alerting— all from within vCenter
• Deploy BIOS and firmware updates to Dell servers from within vCenter
• Build hardware and hypervisor profiles and deploy any combination of the two on bare-metal Dell PowerEdge servers without a preboot execution environment (PXE)
• Automatically perform Dell-recommended vCenter actions based on Dell hardware alerts
• Access Dell hardware warranty information online
And, to give you even more power, we deliver our plug-in as a virtual appliance. That makes it easier to deploy and configure and offers integration directly into the vCenter console, providing more information inside of vCenter itself — unlike many other vendors who provide only "link-and-launch" capabilities to point to their own proprietary consoles.
The combination of the Dell Management Plug-In for VMware vCenter and the revolutionary embedded management features offered by Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC) with Lifecycle Controller in Dell PowerEdge servers gives you an unmatched level of integration between vCenter and your server hardware.