Dell PowerEdge R810 2U rack server
Ideal for virtualization, workload consolidation and midsized databases, the Dell™ PowerEdge™ R810 is a high-density, 4-socket or 2-socket, 2U rack server that combines advanced management capabilities with leading price-per-performance features.
- More processing power and more memory capacity to maximize workload
- Integrated systems management, Lifecycle Controller and embedded diagnostics to help maximize uptime
- FlexMem Bridge technology — more memory per processor to solve growing memory demand needs
Tech specs at glance
For full tech specs, click here.
- Up to two, eight-core Intel® Xeon® processors 6500 series
- Up to four, eight-core Intel® Xeon® processors 7500 series
- Up to four, ten-core Intel® Xeon® processors E7-2800, E7-4800 and E7-8800 product family
- Up to 1TB* (32 DIMM slots): 1GB/2GB/4GB/8GB/16GB/32GB DDR3
- up to 1066MHz
- Hot-plug Hard Drive Options: 2.5" SATA SSD, SAS (10K, 15K), nearline SAS (7.2K), SATA (7.2K)
- Maximum Internal Storage: Up to 6TB
Intelligent Platforms, Uncommon Reliability
Server Reliability: A Long-Term Goal
Dell customers have told us they need a server manufacturer that inspires confidence through its reliability, availability and quality of products. By listening to and focusing on what our customers want, we’ve set a simple reliability goal: Deliver quality products that stand the test of time.
To help meet this goal, Dell is dedicated to improving reliability processes by:
- Employing robust validation and testing processes for durable product design
- Verifying that each supplier meets our stringent quality standards
- Utilizing robust, durable industrial materials to enable long product lifecycles
- Introducing a Unified Server Configurator (USC), which helps to minimize downtime by offering embedded and persistent diagnostics with no media required
- Improving redundancy generation over generation with features such as dual internal SD modules that provide failover at the hypervisor level
- Implementing a one-touch quality-control process designed to ensure that one person is responsible for the entire server build
- Ensuring that every fully configured Dell™ server is tested — and retested — before it leaves the factory
Intelligent, Connected Foundation
By listening to and focusing on our customers, Dell delivers innovation that matters and value that lasts.
FlexMem Bridge Technology: A Customer-Inspired Innovation
Applications continue to demand more memory per core, and memory continues to be the highest in-demand resource. Designed with this in mind, FlexMem Bridge technology from Dell delivers a practical solution to a real customer need. The FlexMem Bridge essentially mimics and extends Intel’s existing connections from the two populated processors to the DIMM channels that would normally only be accessible if all four processors were populated. This innovation allows you to scale memory to take full advantage of the resources that matter most.
A Complete Management Portfolio
The PowerEdge R810 is simple to deploy, manage and maintain, saving you time and money to focus on what matters most — your people and business.
As part of the 11th Generation PowerEdge portfolio, the PowerEdge R810 offers the system-design commonality, ease of use and cost-saving efficiency found in all 11th Generation servers.
- Dell designs all external ports, power supplies and LED lights in the same location for a familiar user experience, as well as for easy installation and deployment.
- Robust metal hard-drive carriers and organized cabling help to improve component access and airflow across the server.
- Logical layout of the internal components aids with airflow direction, helping to keep the server cool.
- Purposeful design also provides quiet acoustics and an interactive LCD positioned on the front of the server for ease of monitoring.
Limitations on space, power and cooling capacity, combined with rising energy costs, present enormous challenges for IT. Dell PowerEdge servers are designed to drive energy efficiency as a design standard while delivering the performance you need to meet cost and environmental goals. The Dell Energy Smart system design includes features that enable power capping, power inventory and power budgeting to aid in the management of power within your environment.
Energy Smart system design provides up to 16 percent energy savings by:
- Up to two, eight-core Intel® Xeon® processors 6500 series
Up to four, eight-core Intel® Xeon® processors 7500 series
Up to four, ten-core Intel® Xeon® processors E7-2800, E7-4800 and E7-8800 product family
Microsoft® Windows Server® 2012
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 SP2, x86/x64 (x64 includes Hyper-V®)
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, x64 (includes Hyper-V v2)
Microsoft Windows® HPC Server 2008 R2
Novell® SUSE® Linux® Enterprise Server
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®
VMware® vSphere™ ESX and ESXi
- Intel® E 7510
Embedded Hypervisor (Optional)
- VMware® vSphere™ 5.0 (including VMware ESX® 5.0 or VMware ESXi™ 5.0)
- Hot-plug Hard Drive Options:
2.5" SATA SSD, SAS (10K, 15K), nearline SAS (7.2K), SATA (7.2K)
Solid State Storage Cards:
Fusion-io® 160IDSS—160GB ioDrive PCIe solid state storage card
Fusion-io® 640IDSS—640GB ioDrive Duo PCIe solid state storage card
Maximum Internal Storage:
Up to 6TB*
For information about Dell external storage options, visit Dell.com/Storage.
- Hot-Swap options available:
Up to six 2.5” SATA SSD, SAS, nearline SAS, or SATA drives
- 6 PCIe G2 slots + 1 storage slot:
Five x8 slots
One x4 slot
One Storage x4 slot
- Internal Controllers:
PERC H700 with 512MB battery-backed cache; 512MB, 1GB Non-Volatile battery-backed cache
PERC H800 (6Gb/s) with 512MB of battery-backed cache; 512MB, 1GB Non-Volatile battery-backed cache
PERC 6/E with 256MB or 512MB of battery-backed cache
External HBAs (non-RAID):
6Gbps SAS HBA
SAS 5/E HBA
LSI2032 PCIe SCSI HBA
- Two Dual-Port Broadcom® 5709c gigabit NICs
Emulex® OCe10102-FX-D CNA Standup HBA adapter
Emulex® OCE10102-IX-D CNA iSCSI HBA stand up adapter
- Optional NICs:
Broadcom® 57710 Single Port 10GbE NIC, Copper CAT6 PCIe-8
Intel® DA 10GbE NIC, Dual Port, Optical, PCIe-8
Intel® 10GbE Single Port 10GbE NIC, Copper, PCIe-8
Broadcom® NetXtreme® II 5709 Gigabit NIC w/TOE & iSOE, Quad Port, Copper, PCIe-4, (low profile option)
Broadcom® 5709 Dual Port 1GbE NIC w/TOE PCIe-4, (low profile option)
Broadcom® 5709 Dual Port 1GbE NIC w/TOE iSCSI, PCIe-4, (low profile option)
Broadcom® NetXtreme® II 57711 10GbE NIC w/TOE & iSOE, Dual Port, SFP+, PCIe-8
Intel® Gigabit ET NIC, Dual Port, Copper, PCIe-4, (low profile option)
Intel® Gigabit ET NIC, Quad Port, Copper, PCIe-4, (low profile option)
Embedded Network Controllers:
Emulex® OCE10102-FX-D CNA stand up HBA adapter
Emulex® OCE10102-IX-D CNA iSCSI HBA stand up adapter
- Two redundant 1100W hot-plug power supplies
- Hot-plug hard drives, Hot-plug redundant power, ECC memory, LCD screen , Dual Internal SD Modules
- Matrox® G200eW w/ 8MB
- Rack Chassis
3.40 H x 17.4 W x 28 D (in)
86.4 H x 443.1 W x 720.6 D (mm)
Sliding ReadyRails™ for 4-post racks, static ReadyRails™ for 4-post and 2-post racks, and optional support for cable management arm
- Dell™ OpenManage™
BMC, IPMI 2.0 compliant
iDRAC6 Express, Optional iDRAC6 Enterprise and vFlash
Dell Enterprise Deployment Services
Our end-to-end deployment services ensure your Dell PowerEdge installation, configuration and implementation is completed accurately and quickly—anytime, anywhere—with proven processes based on best practices acquired from thousands of deployments by our highly skilled experts.
Dell ProSupport offers a suite of support services that enable you to choose support models based on how you use technology and where you want to allocate resources. We recommend Dell ProSupport Plus with SupportAssist for mission-critical systems or Dell ProSupport for premium hardware and software support for your PowerEdge solution. For hyper-scale data centers, we also offer ProSupport Flex for Data Center. Contact your Dell representative today for more information*.
Dell Training Services
Dell Education Services offers PowerEdge Server training courses designed to help you achieve more with your hardware investment. The curriculum is designed in conjunction with the server development team, as well as Dell’s technical support team, to ensure that the training delivers the information and practical, hands-on skills you and your team need to confidently deploy, manage and maintain your Dell Server solution. To learn more or register for a class today, click here.
|The Dell OpenManage systems management portfolio, including Dell PowerEdge server embedded management feature integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC) with Lifecycle Controller, helps IT Administrators efficiently manage Dell servers in physical, virtual, local and remote environments, operating in band or out of band, with or without a systems management software agent. Irrespective of the operating system or hypervisor you deploy, iDRAC with Lifecycle Controller automates the most essential and frequently performed server management tasks to help your IT resources become more productive and your IT environment more cost-effective and well-maintained. Dell OpenManage also integrates and connects to leading third-party systems management solutions you may already own, so you can maintain your single point of control and capitalize on your existing investment.|
Solutions and Systems Management
|With Dell Compellent, Dell EqualLogic and Dell PowerVault, we have created a comprehensive and innovative portfolio of storage products, all of which are easy to deploy, manage and grow. Whether you use network attached storage (NAS), direct attached storage (DAS), internet SCSI (iSCSI) or Fibre Channel (FC), Dell has a product that can meet your business needs and reduce the cost and complexity of storage.|
|The Value of Dell Storage: |
Dell’s open, standards-based solutions let customers of all sizes integrate new technologies without sacrificing performance or their existing IT investments.
|Direct-Attached Storage: |
The Dell PowerVault MD storage family offers easy and economical expansion for Dell PowerEdge servers enabling high availability and scalability for demanding business applications.
|Disk-to-Disk Backup |
Due to expanding volumes of data that must be backed up and protected along with shrinking backup windows, many IT departments have moved to or added disk-based backups.
|Network-Attached Storage |
NAS is a specialized storage server with its own IP address that is made available to multiple clients and servers on a local area network (LAN) or wide area network (WAN).
|Object-Based Storage |
The Dell DX Object Storage Platform is designed to intelligently access, store, protect and distribute fixed digital content.
|Storage Area Network |
A storage area network (SAN) is a network of shared storage devices, such as disk storage arrays and tape automation
|Tape Backup |
Considered the first and last line of defense against data loss, tape and removable disks can be used for long-term data storage and backup.
|Unified Storage |
Unified Storage is a term that describes the ability to manage both file- and block-level data.