Dell PowerEdge R910 4U rack server
- Starting Price $7486.00
- Total Savings $2177.00
- Dell Price $5309.00
The Dell™ PowerEdge™ R910 is a high-performance 4-socket 4U rack server that features built-in reliability and scalability for mission-critical applications.
- Built-in reliability features at the CPU, memory, hardware and hypervisor levels
- Integrated systems management, Lifecycle Controller and embedded diagnostics to help maximize uptime
- Internal Dual SD Module providing superior hypervisor redundancy
Purpose-Built with a Focus on Reliability
Our focus on reliability starts with product design and ends only when we’ve delivered by following a proven set of processes with rigorous validation. With the PowerEdge R910, we work to ensure reliability through:
- Employing robust validation and testing processes to ensure peerless product design
- Verifying that each supplier meets Dell’s stringent quality standards
- Utilizing robust, durable industrial materials to enable longer product lifecycles
- Introducing a Unified Server Configurator (USC), which helps to minimize downtime by offering embedded and persistent diagnostics with no media required
- Incorporating customer-inspired features, such as dual internal SD modules that provide failover at the hypervisor
- Implementing a "one-touch" quality-control process designed to ensure that one person is responsible for the entire server build
- Ensuring that every fully configured Dell server is tested—and retested—before it leaves the factory
Intelligent Platforms, Connected Foundations
By listening to and focusing on our customers, Dell delivers innovations that matters and values that last.
Virtualization, consolidation, unifying fabrics, networking and storage upgrades are driving the need for more robust network pipes, and servers have to be able to provide the connectivity to drive this need for bandwidth. The PowerEdge™ R910 is available with a 2x10GbB LOM option to meet these demands. This delivers the bandwidth for applications without limiting scalability by integrating 10Gb capabilities on a riser.
A Complete Management Portfolio
The PowerEdge R910 is simple to deploy, manage and maintain, saving you time and money to focus on what matters most — your people and business.
Efficient InfrastructureCustomers can build an efficient and scalable server infrastructure with standard x86 server technologies. The PowerEdge™ R910 is the building block for a standard efficient infrastructure.
- Dell’s focus is on helping customers reduce cost with a server created to help simplify daily operations, maximize infrastructure, and streamline deployment.
- Dell™ LifeCycle Controller was developed to help customers implement an effective process for deployment and comprehensive server management.
- This Dell innovation allows customers to simplify initial setup and configuration of new servers by auto-discovery and initial security configuration of system service processor with the already collected and available drivers, helping reduce time and potential error or disruption.
The PowerEdge™ R910 is in line with the 11th generation PowerEdge portfolio behavioral specifications featuring the same system design commonality and serviceability true to the entire portfolio. Dell™ PowerEdge servers are engineered with all external ports, power supplies and LED lights in the same location for familiar user experience, as well as easy installation and deployment.
Dell provides a server foundation giving customers the peace of mind and quiet confidence to run their businesses.
- Up to four, eight-core Intel® Xeon® processors 7500 series
Up to four, ten-core Intel® Xeon® processors E7-2800, E7-4800 and E7-8800 product family
- Microsoft® Windows Server® 2012
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 SP2, x86/x64 (x64 includes Hyper-V®)
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, x64 (includes Hyper-V v2)
Microsoft Windows® HPC Server 2008 R2
Novell® SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®
Microsoft Hyper-V through Microsoft Windows Server 2008
VMware® vSphere® ESX™ and ESXi™
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization®
- Up to 2TB (64 DIMM slots) 2GB/4GB/8GB/16GB/32GB DDR3 up to 1333MT/s
Embedded Hypervisor (Optional)
- VMware vSphere ESX and ESXi
- Hot-Swap options available:
Up to sixteen 2.5” SATA SSD, SAS, nearline SAS, or SATA drives
- Up to 10 PCIe G2 slots + 1 storage slot:
Standard: 7 PCIe Gen2 slots:
Two x4 slots
Four x8 slots
One x16 slot
Optional: 10 PCIe Gen2 slots:
Six x4 slots
Four x8 slots
One storage x8 slot
- Internal Controllers:
PERC H700 (6Gb/s) with 512MB battery-backed cache; 512MB, 1GB Non-Volatile battery-backed cache
PERC H800 (6Gb/s) with 512MB of battery-backed cache; 512MB, 1GB Non-Volatile battery-backed cache
External HBAs (non-RAID):
6Gbps SAS HBA
SAS 5/E HBA
LSI2032 PCIe SCSI HBA
- 1GbE or 10Gb embedded NIC options with iSCSI offload
4-port (4 x 1GbE) Embedded NIC Broadcom 5709c
4-port (2 x 10Gb + 2 x 1GbE) Embedded NIC Broadcom 57711 + Broadcom 5709c
- Embedded NICs:
1GbE or 10Gb embedded NIC options with iSCSI offload
Broadcom® 5709c 4-port (4 x 1GbE) Embedded NIC or
Broadcom 57711 4-port (2 x 10GbE + 2 x 1GbE) Embedded NIC + Broadcom 5709c
Broadcom 57710 Single Port 10GbE NIC, Copper CAT6 PCIe-8
Intel DA 10GbE NIC, Dual Port, Optical, PCIe-8
Intel 10GbE Single Port 10GbE NIC, Copper, PCIe-8
Broadcom NetXtreme® II 5709 Gigabit NIC with TOE & iSOE, Quad Port, Copper, PCIe-4, (low profile option)
Broadcom 5709 Dual Port 1GbE NIC with TOE PCIe-4, (low profile option)
Broadcom 5709 Dual Port 1GbE NIC with TOE iSCSI, PCIe-4, (low profile option)
Broadcom NetXtreme® II 57711 10GbE NIC with TOE & iSOE, Dual Port, SFP+, PCIe-8
Intel Gigabit ET NIC, Dual Port, Copper, PCIe-4, (low profile option)
Intel Gigabit ET NIC, Quad Port, Copper, PCIe-4, (low profile option)
Brocade® CNA Dual Port adapter
Emulex® CNA iSCSI HBA stand up adapter OCE10102-IX-D
Emulex CNA iSCSI HBA stand up adapter OCE10102-FX-D
Brocade CNA BR1020
QLogic QLE2660 FC16 Single Port, PCIe 3.0 x4
QLogic QLE2662 FC16 Dual Port, PCIe 3.0 x4
- Hot-plug hard drives, Hot-plug redundant power, Hot plug redundant fans, ECC memory, Internal dual SD Module, redundant cooling
- Matrox® G200eW w/ 8MB
- 6.80 H x 16.60W x 31.02 D (in)
172.6 H x 482 W x 753 D (mm)
ReadyRails™ sliding rails for 4-post racks with support for optional cable management arm, or ReadyRails™ static rails for 4-post and 2-post racks
1U/2U Rail Attachment Brackets
- Dell™ OpenManage™
BMC, IPMI 2.0 compliant, iDRAC6 Express
Unified Server Configurator
Lifecycle controller enabled via optional: iDRAC6 Express, iDRAC6 Enterprise and vFlash
Microsoft® System Center Essential (SCE) 2010 v2
Dell ProSupport — Faster, more reliable support services designed to address the technology challenges you face today. This new support portfolio is focused on your needs, time demands and budgets.
Need professional support services that take care of both you and your employees’ IT needs 7x24? Choose Dell ProSupport to get access to a certified technician in two minutes or less.
Got an IT staff? Choose Dell ProSupport for IT and get tech-to-tech support with Fast-Track Dispatch, along with 7x24 access to Dell-certified technicians.
|Dell ProSupport Service Model|
|Dell ProSupport||Dell ProSupport for IT|
Designed for organizations with limited or no dedicated IT staff.
|Designed to provide tech-to-tech support for IT Professionals, Database Administrators and internal Service Desks or helpdesks.|
Next, Dell ProSupport Options align to the way you use technology – rapidly responding to your needs, protecting your investment, your productivity and your sensitive data, and providing enhanced proactive support services to help reduce the risk and complexity of managing your infrastructure.
|SPEED OF RESPONSE||PROTECTION||PROACTIVE|
|Mission Critical — Perfect for server and storage environments where avoiding unplanned downtime and reducing recovery time through priority response are a must. The package includes priority 4-hour Onsite* Service after Remote Diagnosis or optional 2-hour response with 6-hour hardware repair, Dell’s proven Critical Situation process, and emergency dispatch.||Data Management and Protection |
|Proactive Maintenance — Maximizes the availability and stability of your infrastructure proactively. The package includes a detailed system assessment and implementation of driver or firmware updates and upgrades for your server or storage systems. |
Remote Advisory Options — Provides telephone and Internet access to technical expertise for specialized applications and solutions such as Microsoft Exchange, Virtualization, virus remediation and more.
|Basic Hardware Support|
Ideal for non-essential application environments. This service offers business-hour, phone-based support* for hardware-only issues with Next Business Day On-Site Service* following completion of phone-based troubleshooting
|Customization and Set-Up|
Go from factory to deployment with Dell server installation services. Our modular suite of installation services allows you to customize the right package of services needed to rapidly implement your new system.
Get the skills you need to keep pace in today's competitive IT environment with comprehensive training and certification courses. Dell offers a vast array of instructor-led classes and online training courses in a range of topics from server maintenance to in-depth technical overview of specific systems.