Dell PowerVault LTO-3
The PowerVault LTO-3 tape drive delivers high capacity, high performance backup utilizing an open technology platform..
HighlightsLinear Tape-Open Ultrium 3 (LTO-3) Tape Backup Drive
- Single external LTO-3 tape drive, internal model available within server configurations
- High performance and capacity that back up a maximum of 400 GB* (native) of information at up to 288 GB/hr (native)
- Backward read and write compatible with Linear Tape-Open Ultrium 2 (LTO-2) media and read compatible with Linear Tape-Open Ultrium 1 (LTO-1) media
- Available with LTO-3 write-once, read-many (WORM) media to protect your data from being altered or changed
- Also available in the PowerVault 114T tape rack enclosure
Tape Backup Technology
- LTO-3 Ultrium tape drive
- Ultrium 3 LTO format cartridges
- Native: 400GB*
Transfer Rate and Backup Rate
- Native Maximums: 80MB/s; 288GB/hr
- Dell™ and x86 IBM and HP Servers
Support for NX4 and other NDMP products
Please refer to compatibility matrix for complete listing
- LVD SCSI
Dell Supported 39160 HBA, 32320 HBA, PCIe U320 SCSI HBA or internal controller
- Full height linear tape drive
Internal and External Drive Available
3.3" (h) x 5.8" (w) x 8.3" (d)
Weight (6.6 lbs)
4.9" (h) x 9.8" (w) x 11.4" (d)
Weight (14.2 lbs)
Hardware Support Service Plans
Dell Infrastructure Services: Execution without excuses
Dell brings pure execution to IT Services. The planning, implementation and maintenance of your IT infrastructure deserves nothing less. Variability in execution can compromise user productivity, IT resources and ultimately your reputation. By utilizing our heritage of process driven excellence, Dell Services can deliver a smarter way. That’s pure Dell.
Gold Enterprise Support:
Provides 24x7 rapid response and resolution of critical issues including escalation management and On-site Emergency Dispatch procedures to quickly restore operations. This level of support is appropriate for servers and storage that are being used for email systems, database applications and virtualization.
Silver Enterprise Support:
Silver support provides convenient 24x7 phone access for hardware and core software troubleshooting with 4-hour 24x7 on-site services following completion of phone-based troubleshooting. This level of support is appropriate for file and print servers, storage and other nonproduction testing and development.
Take Your Support to the Next Level
Platinum Plus Enterprise Support
Dell's most comprehensive level of premium support for storage systems combines rapid response and resolution for critical issues with customized account planning and reporting to proactively help improve uptime. With Platinum Plus, you receive direct access to the Enterprise Command Center and a designated Platinum Technical Account Manager, and can enjoy the benefits of these two new innovative features:
- Operations Performance Benchmarking Innovative management tools and processes, providing customers with unprecedented visibility into their IT operations and a mechanism for continuous improvement.
- ECC Real-time Tracking Window A real-time web-based tool that allows customers to track the real-time position and status of every open incident they are experiencing around the world, without picking up the phone.
Additional Service Offerings
In today's environment, businesses depend on their advanced server and storage systems running like clockwork. Maximum uptime is crucial. IT professionals' success and credibility depends on knowing they can reliably deliver business-critical operations and rapidly resolve problems when they do arise. They also need the flexibility to match support to the different needs of various end users and applications environments, smartly balancing quality and costs.
Backup and Recovery
Dell offers comprehensive project management to help you optimize your technology, improve efficiencies and minimize downtime with a tailored archiving, backup, recovery solution engineered to provide increased flexibility, scalability and manageability.
Storage and Server Consolidation
Consolidation services provide a common platform to allocate and manage growing demands for data storage and helps reduce administrative effort by establishing a single management console. Dell's comprehensive approach to storage and server consolidation helps you accelerate productivity by delivering customized systems, software and services that ease management and can result in lower total cost of ownership. Consolidation can offer these key benefits:
- Simplify Operations
- Improve Utilization
- Cost-effective Scaling
Comprehensive Storage Training and Certification
Arm your employees with the knowledge and skills they need to be as productive as possible. Dell offers comprehensive training services which include hardware and software training, as well as PC skills and professional development classes. Dell training can help improve system reliability, maximize productivity and reduce end-user requests and downtime.
On-site Installation and Remote Installation Services
Remote Configuration Set-up
- Assistance configuring or setting up your new server's operating system or storage device for the first time
- Flexibility with Dell remotely "driving" the install via online WebEx session or allowing you to perform via phone-based instruction
- Great cost-effective solution to quickly getting your server OS up and running
On-site Installation: Hardware and OS
- An On-site Dell technician to help ensure proper physical setup & functionality of the hardware and Windows operating system in your business environment
- Assistance installing your new system into a Dell-support rack
- Help reduce time required to get your new system completely up and running