- Starting Price $6249.00
- Total Savings $1820.00
- Dell Price $4429.00
The PowerVault™ 124T tape autoloader's remote management capability enables true, unattended backup while its magazine architecture facilitates quick scalability and easy automated movement of tape cartridges.
- Supports a single LTO tape drive, designed for nightly backup of less than 3TB
- Ideal for consolidating multiple or remote application servers for unattended, automated backup
- High-density, rack-optimized tape autoloader solution that supports up to 40TB (LTO-6) of native capacity within a small, 2U form factor
- Supports maximum native transfer rates of 576GB/hr (LTO-6)
- Remote Management functionality to deliver reliable backup through any web-based browser
- Simple scalability through the dual-magazine design allowing you to manage eight cartridges per magazine (16 total cartridges per unit, 2 magazines holding 8 cartridges each)
The PowerVault 124T is a tape autoloader that allows customers to maximize their rack-based storage backup within a 2U chassis. Its expandable architecture and magazine design enable customers to quickly manage and replace tape cartridges for growing data center needs. These features also help customers cost-effectively scale capacity to meet future backup and recovery demands. The PowerVault 124T delivers reliable backup through remote management using any web-based browser while featuring seamless integration into diverse operating systems such as Microsoft® Windows and Linux®.
Be Green With TapeWhen factoring in the features and benefits of tape storage — such as reliability, portability, encryption (LTO-4, LTO-5 and LTO-6), and the shelf life (over 30 years) of tape cartridges — it is the perfect solution for your long-term or short-term backup or archiving needs. In addition, when tape media is stored, it does not require energy until it needs to be accessed. By using zero energy when stored, tape is "naturally" Green.
Tape Backup Technology
- LTO4, LTO5 and LTO-6
Holds up to 16 data cartridges (2 magazines supporting 8 cartridges each)
- Dell™ and x86 IBM and x86 HP Servers
Support for NX4 and other NDMP products
Please refer to compatibility matrix for complete listing
- Native Max Capacity: w/- LTO-6: 40.0TB
- Native Max Capacity: w/- LTO-5: 24.0TB
- Native Max Capacity: w/- LTO-4: 12.8TB
Transfer Rate and Backup Rate
- Native Maximum w/ s LTO-4 120MB/s (432GB/hr)
- Native Maximum w/ s LTO-5 140MB/s (504GB/hr)
- Native Maximum w/ s LTO-6 160MB/s (576GB/hr)
- TTL level, RS4xx serial communication
Not customer installable
- Autoloader MCBF: Greater than 400,000 hours with 100% duty cycle
- Cartridge loading: single front loading slot
Cartridge inventory time: Less than 1 minute, 15 seconds
Manual entry of cartridge to magazine: Less than 1 minute
- SAS(LTO-4, LTO-5, LTO-6)
Dell Supported: 6Gb HBA
- Dell-supported Tape Backup Software:
Symantec® Backup Exec™ for Microsoft® Windows®
- 2U, Rackmount, 1 tape drive
3.4" (h) x 16.77" (w) x 27.52" (d)
8.64cm (h) x 42.59cm (w) x 69.90cm (d)
- Weight with drive: 34 lbs (15.42 kg) without packaging/accessories
5-button with 2-line, 16 character LCD menu display (with backlight)
Operational status LEDs
SAS cable for SAS HBA connect
- 2U, Rackmount, 1 tape drive
Environmental Operating Conditions
- Operating Temperature: 10 to 35° C
Non-Operating Temperature: -40 to 65° C
Operating Humidity: 20% to 80% RH, noncondensing
Non-Operating Humidity: 10% to 90% RH, noncondensing
Power Requirements: 100-240 VAC
Inrush Current: 4.0 A (RMS) for 115 VAC, 4.0 A (RMS) for 230 VAC
Power Consumption: 60 Hz = 75 W; 50 Hz = 80 W
Introducing Dell ProSupport
Professional, proactive and proven support services designed to address the technology challenges you face today.
Dell ProSupport starts with the Dell ProSupport for IT service model designed for IT professionals like you. Dell ProSupport for IT provides:
- 7x24 direct access to Dell Expert Centers
- Fast-track dispatch for Dell-certified technicians
- Escalation management through Dell’s global command centers
Next, Dell ProSupport Options align to the way you use technology — rapidly responding to your needs, protecting your investment, your productivity and your sensitive data, and providing enhanced proactive support services to reduce the risk and complexity of managing your infrastructure.
|SPEED OF RESPONSE||PROTECTION||PREMIUM PROACTIVE|
|Mission Critical - Perfect for server and storage environments where avoiding unplanned downtime and reducing recovery time through priority response are a must. The package includes priority 4-hour onsite service or optional 2-hour response with 6-hour hardware repair, Dell's proven critical situation process, and emergency dispatch.||Keep Your Hard Drive* - Enables you to control your sensitive data by retaining your hard drive and helps you comply with current data privacy regulations to help mitigate risks associated with regulatory or civil liabilities.||Enterprise-Wide Contract - Provides enhanced proactive capabilities through: |
Remote Advisory Options - Provides telephone and Internet access to technical expertise for specialized applications and solutions such as Microsoft Exchange, Virtualization, and more.
Basic Hardware Warranty*
Basic SupportIdeal for non-essential application environments. This service offers business-hour, phone-based support* for hardware-only issues with Next Business Day On-Site Service following completion of phone-based troubleshooting.
Additional Service Offerings
Comprehensive Storage Training and Certification
Through comprehensive storage training courses, Dell provides expertise in implementing Dell storage into an existing IT infrastructure.If you are interested in validating or maintaining your skill sets for company compliance, the Dell Certified Network Storage Networking Professional Certification path is available.
Backup and Recovery
To sustain the continued operation of your storage solution, you should engineer availability, security and reliability into every process from the outset. Dell can provide backup and recovery solutions that help ensure adequate procedures are in place to minimize or avoid data loss.
Our storage experts analyze existing infrastructure, operational practices and technical readiness to develop a roadmap for conducting a storage consolidation. They will also develop a detailed consolidation deployment plan as well as a validated and refined solution design.