High-performance and high-capacity
The PowerVault LTO-3-060 half-height tape drive delivers high-capacity, high-performance backup utilizing an open technology platform.
LTO-3-060 Tape Backup Drive
- Single external Linear Tape-Open Ultrium 3 (LTO-3) half height tape drive, internal model available within server configurations
- High performance and capacity that back up a maximum of 400 GB* (native) of information at up to 216 GB/hr (native)
- Backward read-and-write compatible with Linear Tape-Open Ultrium 2 (LTO-2) media and read-compatible with Linear Tape-Open Ultrium 1 (LTO-1) media
- Available with LTO-3 (write-once, read-many) WORM media to protect your data from being altered or changed
Tape Backup Technology
- LTO-3 Half Height Ultrium tape drive
- Ultrium 3 LTO format cartridges
- Native: 400GB*
Transfer Rate and Backup Rate
- Native Maximums: 216GB/hr
- Dell™ and x86 IBM and HP Servers
Support for NX4 and other NDMP products
Please refer to compatibility matrix for complete listing
- On-board and add-in LVD SCSI
- Half height linear tape drive
Internal and External Drives Available
1.7" (h) x 5.8" (w) x 8.3" (d)
Weight (3.5 lbs)
2.48" (h) x 10.2" (w) x 10.91" (d)
Weight (9.2 lbs)
Optional Hardware Support Service Plans
Dell Infrastructure Services: Execution Without Excuses
Dell brings pure execution to IT services. The planning, implementation and maintenance of your IT infrastructure deserve nothing less. Variability in execution can compromise user productivity, IT resources, and ultimately, your reputation. By leveraging our heritage of process-driven excellence, Dell services can deliver a smarter way. That's pure Dell.
Gold Enterprise Support
Gold Enterprise Support provides 24/7 rapid response and resolution of critical issues including escalation management and On-Site* Emergency Dispatch procedures to quickly restore operations. This level of support is appropriate for servers that are used for e-mail systems, database applications and virtualization.
Silver Enterprise Support
Silver Enterprise Support provides convenient 24/7 phone access for hardware and core software troubleshooting with four-hour2 24/7 on-site services following completion of phone-based troubleshooting. This level of support is appropriate for file and print servers and other nonproduction testing and development.
Take Your Support to the Next Level
Platinum Plus Enterprise Support
Dell's most comprehensive level of premium support for storage systems combines rapid response and resolution for critical issues with customized account planning and reporting to proactively help improve uptime. With Platinum Plus, you receive direct access to the Enterprise Command Center and a designated Platinum technical account manager and can enjoy the benefits of these two new innovative features:
- Operations Performance Benchmarking — Innovative management tools and processes, providing customers with exceptional visibility into their IT operations and a mechanism for continuous improvement
- ECC Real-time Tracking Window — A real-time, Web-based tool that allows customers to track the real-time position and status of every open incident they are experiencing around the world, without picking up the phone
Additional Service Offerings
In today's environment, businesses depend on their advanced server and storage systems running like clockwork. Maximum uptime is crucial. IT professionals' success and credibility depend on knowing they can reliably deliver business-critical operations and rapidly resolve problems when they arise. They also need the flexibility to match support to the different needs of various end users and applications environments, smartly balancing quality and costs.
Backup and Recovery
Dell offers comprehensive project management to help you optimize your technology, improve efficiencies and minimize downtime. All these can be achieved with a tailored archiving, backup and recovery solution engineered to provide increased flexibility, scalability and manageability.
Storage and Server Consolidation
Consolidation services provide a common platform to allocate and manage growing demands for data storage and help reduce administrative effort by establishing a single management console. Dell's comprehensive approach to storage and server consolidation is designed to help you accelerate productivity by delivering customized systems, software and services that ease management and can result in lower total cost of ownership. Consolidation can offer these key benefits:
- Simplify operations
- Improve utilization
- Cost-effective scaling
Comprehensive Storage Training and Certification
Arm your employees with the knowledge and skills that they need to be as productive as possible. Dell offers comprehensive training services which include hardware and software training, as well as PC skills and professional development classes. Dell training can help improve system reliability, maximize productivity, and reduce end-user requests and downtime.
On-Site Installation and Remote Installation Services
Remote Configuration Setup
- Assistance configuring or setting up your new server's operating system for the first time
- Flexibility with Dell remotely "driving" the install through through online Web-Ex session or allowing you to perform through phone-based instruction
- Can be the most cost-effective solution to quickly get your server OS up and running
On-Site Installation: Hardware and OS
- An on-site Dell technician to ensure proper physical setup and functionality of the hardware and Windows® operating system in your business environment
- Assistance installing your new server into a Dell support rack
- Reduced time required to get your new server completely up and running