- PV MD1200,RKMNT,SAS, 12 Bay
- HD Multi-Select
- 3Yr Basic Hardware Warranty Repair: 5x10 HW-Only, 5x10 NBD Onsite*
Expansion for Mainstream and Capacity-Intensive Single Server ApplicationsDell PowerVault MD1200 is the second generation of Dell’s low-cost, high-capacity expansion enclosure that improves density, versatility and performance over previous generation to enhance support for mainstream and capacity-intensive applications.
The PowerVault MD1200 offers seamless expansion for Dell PowerEdge servers with the PERC H800 Host-RAID adapter. It also offers drive flexibility when adding capacity or data tiering to any of Dell's primary storage arrays.
Easily Expand Your Server Capacity: The PowerVault MD1200 is engineered to seamlessly expand the capacity of Dell PowerEdge servers. This expansion enclosure can support twelve, 3.5- or 2.5-inch SAS hard-disk drives (HDDs) or solid-state drives (SSDs)* in a 2U array and expands up to 8 arrays behind a single PERC H800 Host-RAID adapter.
Versatility and Flexibility to Meet Most Business Needs: The MD1200 is Dell’s most versatile direct-attached storage expansion enclosure. Featuring support for 2.5 inch drives, as well as the ability to mix 2.5-inch* and 3.5-inch enclosures behind a single PERC H800 Host-RAID adapter,the PowerVault MD1200 delivers capacity and performance to support most customer deployments.
Support the Business, No Matter the Need
The PowerVault MD1200 supports most mainstream business requirements with added flexibility and versatility to mix 2.5-inch drives in a 3.5-inch enclosure and mix 2.5- and 3.5-inch enclosures behind a single PERC H800 Host-RAID adapter.
Keeping Your Data Safe
Access and accuracy of your data is key to the success of any business. The PowerVault MD1200 has been engineered to help maximize your uptime and security of your data.
Leveraging the PERC H800 RAID ControllerThe PowerVault MD1200 leverages the PERC H800 Host-RAID adapter with the latest PCI Express 2.0 interface, offering excellent performance for enterprise.
- The configuration of the PERC H800 Host-RAID adapter helps to increase reliability and fault tolerance by enabling the software to recognize the entire enclosure as a single unit, regardless of how many disks are activated for storage. With the PERC H800, customers can choose the RAID option that supports their application. The PERC H800 supports RAID levels 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50 and 60.
- Dell PowerVault MD1200 is engineered to work optimally with Dell PowerEdge servers. Dell OpenManage™ Storage Manager Software can manage both the external and internal storage within the server itself.
- Streamlining storage management through a single, common interface helps reduce resource load on the system, and is easier to navigate for the user as well. The PowerVault MD1200 utilizes the same 2.5-inch and 3.5-inch drives as Dell's PowerEdge servers, and the same power supplies and fans as the PowerVault MD1220, helping to reduce the number of spares required.
- The PowerVault MD1220 is supported behind most PowerEdge servers: See PERC H800 server compatibility matrix for a list of currently supported servers.
Having the right backup solution is key to protecting your critical information. So is having the right support. Dell ProSupport* is a portfolio of globally consistent, customer-driven support services that provide businesses of all sizes with flexible, reliable and easier support solutions.
Dell ProSupport starts with a service model designed for IT professionals like you. Dell ProSupport for IT provides:
- 24/7 direct access to Dell Expert Centers
- Fast-track dispatch for Dell-certified technicians
- Escalation management through Dell’s Global Command Centers
Additional Dell ProSupport options align to the way you use technology — rapidly responding to your needs, protecting your investment, productivity and sensitive data, and providing enhanced proactive support services to reduce the risk and complexity of managing your infrastructure.
|SPEED OF RESPONSE||PROTECTION||PREMIUM PROACTIVE|
|Mission Critical* — Perfect for server and storage environments where avoiding unplanned downtime and reducing recovery time through priority response are a must, this package includes priority four-hour on-site* service or optional two-hour response with six-hour hardware repair — Dell’s proven critical situation process and emergency dispatch.|
|Keep Your Hard Drive* — Enables you to control your sensitive data by retaining your hard drive and helps you comply with current data privacy regulations to help mitigate risks associated with regulatory or civil liabilities.||Enterprise-Wide Contract — Provides enhanced proactive capabilities through: |
Remote Advisory Options — Provide telephone and Internet access to technical expertise for specialized applications and solutions such as Microsoft® Exchange, Virtualization and more.
|Basic Hardware Warranty|
Ideal for nonessential application environments, this basic support service offers business-hour, phone-based support* for hardware-only issues with next-business-day, on-site service following completion of phone-based troubleshooting.
Dell Education Services
Decrease downtime, improve utilization and ensure business continuity with storage training from Dell Education Services. A self-paced online training course jump starts the Storage Administrator on managing the PowerVault MD Storage environment. To learn more, visit learndell.com/storage.
|Additional Service Offerings|
Comprehensive Storage Training and Certification
Through comprehensive storage training courses, Dell provides expertise in implementing Dell storage into an existing IT infrastructure. If you are interested in validating or maintaining your skills for company compliance, the Dell-Certified Network Storage Networking Professional Certification path is available.
Our storage experts analyze existing infrastructure, operational practices and technical readiness to develop a roadmap for conducting a storage consolidation. They will also develop a detailed consolidation deployment plan as well as a validated and refined solution design.