Make server expansion affordable.
Optimize your server space, and help cut power and cooling expenses with up to 240 HDDs (four MD3060e enclosures) per server in just 16U of space.
- Starting Price $35329.00
- Total Savings $15180.00
- Dell Price $20149.00
- OS Support
Microsoft® Windows Server® 2012 R2,
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 6.5,
Ubuntu® 12.04 LTS, and Debian 7.4
Dual Enclosure Management Modules (EMMs)
Requires a two port host bus adapter (HBA).
- Expansion capabilities
Up to 4 dense enclosures behind a single server (240 HDDs)
- Drive type
3.5" and 2.5" SAS, NL-SAS, SSD, SED
Maximum HA host
Maximum Usable Capacity
- 3.5”drive capacity
7.2K RPM NL-SAS: 500GB, 1TB, 2TB, 3TB, 4TB1, 6TB, 8TB, 10TB
SSD: 200GB, 400GB, 800GB (WI); 400GB, 800GB, 1.6TB (MU);
800GB, 1.6TB (RI) (available with 3.5” HDD carriers)
15K RPM SAS: 146GB*, 300GB*, 600GB*
10K RPM SAS: 146GB, 300GB*, 600GB*, 900GB*, 1.2TB*, 1.8TB
7.2K RPM NL-SAS: 500GB*, 1TB*, 2TB
SSD: 200GB, 400GB, 800GB (WI); 400GB, 800GB, 1.6TB (MU); 800GB, 1.6TB (RI)
3.5” 10K and 15K HDDs are not supported on the dense model
- 6Gb SAS
- Dell PowerEdge R630, R730 and the R730xd servers
- Form factor
4U rack enclosure
(height x width x depth)177.8mm (7.0”) x 482.6mm (19.0”) x 825.5mm (32.5”)
105.20 kg (232.0 lb)
- AC: 1755W
- Server controller dependent
- Heat dissipation (max)
220V AC, auto ranging
Frequency range 50/60Hz
Operating: 10° to 35°C (50° to 95°F) with a maximum temperature gradation of 10°C per hour
Operating: 10% to 80% (non-condensing) with a maximum humidity gradation of 10% per hour
Operating: -30.5m to 3000m (-100 ft to 9,840 ft)
NOTE: For altitudes above 2950 ft, the maximum operating temperature is derated 1.8°F/1000 ft.
Affordable density for Dell serversWhen it comes to expanding DAS in your server deployment, there are several important questions to consider:
- How much space do you need?
- How quickly you can add more storage?
- How can you add capacity while keeping power and cooling costs under control?
Reliable, versatile performanceThe MD3060e offers a high-density option in the PowerVault MD series of JBODs, which have an established record of reliability and efficient performance. Easily manage your data through the host server, with OS support that includes:
- Microsoft® Windows Server® 2012
- Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® - RHEL
- Novell® SUSE® Linux Enterprise
Capacity based on your designEasily scale with versatile enclosure options, drive types and operating system choices, and have the flexibility to design solutions for your specific needs. The MD3060e is a modular platform that allows you to add or reconfigure enclosures, as your workloads require.
- Mix and match SAS, NL-SAS HDDs or SSDs to optimize performance or capacity.
- Hot-swap drives, fans, enclosure management modules (EMMs) and power supplies for quick modifications and maintenance.
- Hosting companies that need affordable and dense storage
- Work groups within a large IT organization, such as an R&D department
- Universities or government agencies with high performance computing (HPC) deployments that require high-density storage
- High-bandwidth or modular infrastructures, such as manufacturing, oil and gas, and video surveillance
- Financial institutions that need to process volumes of data without increasing their data center footprint
Global services and supportReduce IT complexity, lower costs and eliminate inefficiencies by making IT and business solutions work harder for you. You can count on Dell for end-to-end solutions to maximize your performance and uptime. A proven leader in servers, storage and networking, Dell Enterprise Solutions and Services deliver innovation at any scale. If you are looking to preserve cash or increase operational efficiency, Dell Financial Services has a wide range of options to make technology acquisition easy and affordable. Contact your Dell Sales Representative for more information.
Dell ProSupportChoose Dell’s premium support service, ProSupport, for 24/7* direct telephone and online access to advanced-level technicians based in your region. Whether you have one office or hundreds around the world, protect your investments with this simple yet flexible approach.