Make server expansion affordable.
Optimize your server space, and help cut power and cooling expenses with up to 240 HDDs (four MD3060e enclosures) per server in just 16U of space.
Starting at $20328.99
PowerVault MD3060e, 6Gb SAS, 4U-60 Drive Dense Expansion Enclosure, Rackmount
4TB 7.2K RPM NLSAS 12Gbps 512n 3.5in Hot-plug Hard Drive
3Yr Basic Hardware Warranty Repair: 5x10 HW-Only, 5x10 NBD Onsite
Get up to $609 back in rewards
Get up to $609 (3%) back in rewards.* With rewards, eligible purchases qualify for free expedited delivery.
Affordable density for Dell servers
When it comes to expanding DAS in your server deployment, there are several important questions to consider:
- How much space do you need?
- How quickly you can add more storage?
- How can you add capacity while keeping power and cooling costs under control?
Reliable, versatile performance
The MD3060e offers a high-density option in the PowerVault MD series of JBODs, which have an established record of reliability and efficient performance. Easily manage your data through the host server, with OS support that includes:
- Microsoft® Windows Server® 012
- Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® -RHEL
- Novell® SUSE® LinuxEnterprise
Capacity based on your design
Easily scale with versatile enclosure options, drive types and operating system choices, and have the flexibility to design solutions for your specific needs. The MD3060e is a modular platform that allows you to add or reconfigure enclosures, as your workloads require.
- Mix and match SAS, NL-SAS HDDs or SSDs to optimize performance or capacity.
- Hot-swap drives, fans, enclosure management modules (EMMs) and power supplies for quick modifications and maintenance.
- Hosting companies that need affordable and dense storage
- Work groups within a large IT organization, such as an R&D department
- Universities or government agencies with high performance computing (HPC) deployments that require high-density storage
- High-bandwidth or modular infrastructures, such as manufacturing, oil and gas, and video surveillance
- Financial institutions that need to process volumes of data without increasing their data center footprint
Choose Dell’s premium support service, ProSupport, for 24/7* direct telephone and online access to advanced-level technicians based in your region. Whether you have one office or hundreds around the world, protect your investments with this simple yet flexible approach.
Global services and support
Dell Services* can help reduce IT complexity, lower costs and eliminate inefficiencies by making IT and business solutions work harder for you. The Dell Services team takes a holistic view of your needs and designs solutions for your environment and business objectives while using established delivery methods, local talent and in-depth domain knowledge to help lower your total cost of ownership.