- Drive performance and capacity:
3.5" NL-SAS 6Gb HDD (7.2K): 4TB, 6TB
3.5" NL-SAS 4kn 6Gb HDD (7.2k): 6TB
3.5" NL-SAS 512e 6Gb HDD (7.2K): 8TB
- 2 Enclosure Management Modules (EMM) provide redundant enclosure management capability
- Up to 672TB when using 84 x 8TB NL-SAS 3.5" HDDs
Maximum Usable Capacity
- Up to 1.3PB when using 2 enclosures, maximum of 168 8TB HDDs
- 6GB SAS
- 5U, 84 hot-pluggable 3.5" drive bays
- Wattage: 2800 AC only
Input voltage range: 200-240 VAC
Frequency range: 50/60 Hz
- Server dependent
Operating: 10° to 35°C (50° to 95°F) with maximum temperature gradation of 20°C per hour Storage
Non-operating: -40° to 65°C (-40° to 149°F) at a maximum altitude of 12,000 m (39,370ft)
Relative humidity: Operating: 10% to 80% (non-condensing) with 29° C (82.4°F) maximum dewpoint.
Non-operating: 5% to 95% (non-condensing) with 33°C (91°F) maximum dewpoint.
Altitude: Operating -16 to 3048 m (-50 to10,000 ft.), Storage -16 to 10,600 m (-50 to 35,000 ft)
Ultra-dense storage capacity
Add capacity to your PowerEdge servers — 40 percent more capacity than previous generations of dense enclosure options* — with the Dell Storage MD1280, Dell’s most dense storage enclosure.
The MD1280 operates as a JBOD (just a box of disks). Add storage capacity to your PowerEdge servers simply and efficiently to take advantage of the Dell’s competitive price per gigabyte.
Scale the MD1280 up to 168 drives with two enclosures, and use various optimized drive speeds to tailor the enclosure to meet your most stringent performance requirements.
Competitive pricing, maximum storageEasily add affordable capacity to your Dell PowerEdge servers with the modular MD1280 Storage Enclosure. Together, the MD1280 and Dell enterprise hard-drives enable you to add capacity at a competitive price per gigabyte of storage. MD1280 features include:
- 84 hard drives in a 5U standard rack mount chassis
- High capacity 8TB hard drives
- The ability to scale up to 1.3PB of capacity*