Affordably deploy enterprise-class GbE iSCSI arrays
Empower your small or midsize business with storage capacity and performance in the cost-effective EqualLogic™ PS4100E next-generation GbE iSCSI SAN arrays.
Enterprise features for smaller deployments
Ideal for your growing storage needs, the PS4100E GbE iSCSI array is a Dell™ Storage solution that offers a virtualized architecture, enterprise software and easy administration at an affordable price.
- Take advantage of a data-center class IT solution in small and midsize businesses as well as enterprise branch offices.
- Integrate full snapshot, replication and application integration for data protection and disaster recovery.
- Cut management time and costs with self-optimizing performance and automation.
- Manage your enterprise-wide EqualLogic™ SAN, including PS4100 remote-site arrays, with EqualLogic SAN Headquarters.
- Expand easily into a larger EqualLogic SAN by adding PS4100 (maximum two per group) and PS6100 arrays to scale capacity and performance.
Whether you’re consolidating a direct-attached storage (DAS) infrastructure, migrating data from an existing SAN or NAS system, streamlining data protection processes, or simply adding storage capacity, the Dell EqualLogic PS4100 series offers a solution. The proven, high-performance, self-managing storage arrays are designed to meet the requirements of your growing business.
Choose your array
Build capacity for your data center using PS4100E arrays. With 12 NL-SAS 3.5" HDDs and up to 36TB of capacity, the PS4100E has the lowest cost per terabyte in the PS4100 line.
The Dell EqualLogic™ PS4100 series enables you to choose the storage solution that best suits your small or midsize business or enterprise branch office. The PS4100 series family features:
- Dual controllers designed for built-in redundancy
- Two GbE ports per controller
- Dedicated 10/100 management port per controller
- 6G SAS backplane
- Options for 12 or 24 hot-swappable drives
- 7.2K NL-SAS, 10K SAS or 15K SAS drives
- Cache-to-flash memory destaging
- Peer-scaling architecture that scales performance linearly
- Vertical port failover, designed to enable you to maintain full bandwidth if a networking port fails
- Group manager, which integrates all management into one console for both file and block storage protocols
- Array firmware and host software with no additional licenses or fees
Software and Services for a complete SAN solutionDell delivers comprehensive end-to-end solutions with software and services options to help you store and manage your data more efficiently and cost-effectively. Included with your PS Series array purchase are the EqualLogic™ array software and host software — virtually all the tools your organization needs for a complete solution.
EqualLogic Array Software
- EqualLogic Group Manager helps to streamline storage and data management.
- EqualLogic Manual Transfer Utility minimizes downtime when transferring large amounts of data.
- EqualLogic PS Series Firmware is the foundation of the EqualLogic software family.
- Dell Storage Update Manager simplifies the upgrade process with guided update management.
Integrated across the entire family of EqualLogic PS arrays, the EqualLogic Firmware is a SAN operating system based on a unique peer storage architecture that:
- Virtualizes SAN resources
- Enables peer scalability of up to 16 arrays
- Provides intelligent data management functionality
- Automatically adjusts system resources
- Optimizes performance
EqualLogic Host Integration Tools
This family of host-based software provides tight integration between the PS Series array and the host. Dell provides host integration tools for Microsoft®, VMware® and Linux® environments to offer comprehensive data protection and reliable performance.
EqualLogic SAN Headquarters
Dell EqualLogic SAN Headquarters (SAN HQ) is a centralized monitoring and reporting tool that gathers and provides in-depth information on performance and capacity and provides alerts across multiple groups of PS Series arrays. SAN HQ with Support Assist further streamlines management and improves productivity with automatic case creation and case tracking.
Global services and supportDell offers a wide range of professional services to simplify the assessment, design, implementation, management and maintenance of your IT environment, and to help you transition from platform to platform.
Dell ProSupport offers a suite of support services that enable you to choose support models based on how you use technology and where you want to allocate resources. We recommend Dell ProSupport Plus with SupportAssist for mission-critical systems or Dell ProSupport for premium hardware and software support for your Dell EqualLogic PS Series solution. Contact your Dell representative today for more information*.
Our proven methodology and tools are derived from years of global field experience that help you design the right storage plan to mitigate risk and decrease costs while optimizing and simplifying your data management.
Our end-to-end deployment services ensure your Dell Storage installation, configuration and implementation is completed accurately and quickly- anytime, anywhere - with proven processes based on best practices acquired from thousands of deployments by our highly skilled experts.
Decrease downtime, improve utilization and ensure business continuity with storage training from Dell Education Services. Choose from courses designed to introduce Dell Storage and prepare you for more advanced topics to courses that dive into the advanced features included in the storage solution and how to apply best practices.More information can be found here.