12" Rugged Tablet meets rigorous military-standard requirements. Made with shock-absorbent materials and compression-sealed from sand, dust and liquids.
Innovation that inspires.
Every aspect of the new Latitude 12 Rugged Tablet has been designed and tested to conquer the most extreme conditions.
You work hard. So does your Rugged.Performance you can count on: You have everything you need to run your projects with powerful, efficient fifth-generation Intel® Core™ M processors and up to 512GB of fast, reliable solid state storage.
Longer battery life: The Latitude 12 Rugged Tablet powers you through a full shift of projects on the go, and lets you stay untethered with optional dual hot-swap batteries so you never have to shut down apps while changing out a battery.
Tools for the toughest situations.Tested beyond the limits: No matter where you work – an offshore oil rig, limestone quarry, or overseas military base, carry the Dell Latitude 12 Rugged Tablet with confidence knowing it has been tested for extreme conditions, and proven by MIL-STD-810G and IP-810G certification. Additionally, HZO® Protection has been applied to the inside of the device to help keep the tablet safe from water, rain and other environmental risks.
Equipped for real life: Build a productivity solution for any extreme situation with an extensive ecosystem that offers options such as a desk dock, vehicle dock, or a full-size keyboard with an IP-65 rating that protects against water and dust intrusion.
Connect anywhere: Stay on the grid and in touch with what’s important using 802.11ac Wi-Fi, optional mobile broadband and dedicated GPS.
Security you can trustWith the same protection offered across Latitude and Optiplex lines, you can have peace of mind knowing your important data stays private.
- Protect data on any device across external media and in the cloud from advanced malware with Dell Data Protection | Encryption. DDP | E is available from the factory so that IT admins can enable centralized, remote management of encryption policies to easily meet compliance regulations right out of the box.
- Ensure only authorized users have access to your data with authentication options including FIPS 201-certified smart card, fingerprint readers or contact-less smart card reader.
- Secure credential storage is provided with a FIPS 140-2-certified TPM. Dell ControlVault adds another layer of hardware security by isolating user passwords and credentials on a separately controlled hardware chip.
Outstanding reliabilityThe Dell Latitude 12 Rugged Tablet is subjected to rigorous testing to ensure world-class dependability in the most demanding of conditions.
- Built to withstand harsh use in military, industrial and field environments; proven by independent testing to MIL- STD-810G and IEC ingress protection ratings
- Corning Gorilla Glass touch display offers an optimal viewing experience with reduced reflectivity, glove-capable multi-touch and outstanding durability.
- Your device is also backed by optional enterprise-level Dell ProSupport 24x7 to minimize downtime, all the time.
Dell ProSupport Plus with SupportAssistUpgrade to Dell’s most complete support. It combines 24x7 priority access to ProSupport engineers for expert help with hardware and software issues, proactive predictive support from Support Assist, onsite service , repair for accidental spills and drops, and the ability to keep a hard drive after replacement to ensure data security
Accidental Damage Service: Let us repair or replace your systems in the event of an accident. Accidental Damage service covers surges and screen breaks, liquid spills, accidental drops and falls.
ProSupport: You need support beyond hardware and want anytime access to advanced technology experts for your hardware and software issues. ProSupport delivers fact response with highly trained engineers available around the clock and around the globe to quickly resolve your issues, so you can maintain a high level of productivity and minimize disruption.
- Intel® Integrated
- Intel® HD Graphics 5300
- 11.6” HD (1366 x 768) 16:9 Direct-View outdoor-readable display with glove-capable multi-touch and Gorilla® Glass 3
- External Options Only
USB Docking Only
- Dual RF-passthough (Wi-Fi and mobile broadband), Near field communication (NFC)
Wireless LAN: Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 (802.11ac, dual band, 2x2, up to 867 Mbps) with Bluetooth® 4.0 + vPro™
Mobile broadband*: Optional Dell Wireless 5808E multi-mode Gobi™ 5000 4G LTE card (US and Canada only: AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, Rogers, Telus); Optional Dell Wireless 5570E single-mode HSPA+ card.
GPS: Optional dedicated u-blox NEO-M8 GPS card
- Cable lock slot
Smart card reader
Contactless smart card reader
ControlVault™ advanced authentication
Dell Security Tools
Dell Data Protection | Encryption
Dell Backup and Recovery
- High-quality speaker, optional integrated noise-reducing array microphones, stereo headphone/microphone combo jack, optional integrated FHD web camera with privacy shutter and 8MP rear camera with privacy shutter and LED flash
2-cell (26 Whr) lithium-ion battery, optional second 2-cell (26 Whr) lithium-ion battery supporting hot-swap
45W AC adapter
Glove-capable, capacitive 10-point multi-touch screen
Optional full-size IP-65 keyboard cover with customizable RGB backlight keyboard and touchpad
Optional Intel vPro™ technology’s advanced management features
- Dimensions: (WxDxH) 12.3” x 8.0” x 0.96” (312 x 203 x 24 mm)
Weight: Starting at 3.57 lbs. (1.62 kg) with single 2-cell battery
- USB 3.0, micro serial port, mini HDMI, microSD card reader, stereo audio combo jack (All protected by port covers and HZO® liquid protection technology)
- Pogo-pin connectors: Docking/keyboard (bottom) and modular expansion (back)
- Optional peripherals: Keyboard cover, kickstand, handle, shoulder strap, hand strap, carry cases, active stylus, extended I/O module (2x USB 3.0, Ethernet), barcode and magnetic stripe reader module
Optional docking: Desk dock with spare battery charging, third-party vehicle docking solutions
- Regulatory model: T03H
Regulatory type: T03H001 Energy Star 6.0, EPEAT
MIL-STD-810G testing*: Transit drop (48”; single unit; 26 drops), operating drop (36”), blowing rain, blowing dust, blowing sand, vibration, functional shock, humidity, salt fog, altitude, explosive atmosphere, solar radiation, thermal extremes, thermal shock, freeze/thaw, tactical standby to operational
Operating thermal range: -20°F to 145°F (-29°C to 63°C);
Non-operating thermal range: -60°F to 160°F (-51°C to 71°C)
IEC 60529 ingress protection*: IP-65 (dust-tight, protected against pressurized water)
Hazardous locations*: ANSI/ISA.12.12.01 certification capable (Class I, Division 2, Groups A, B, C,D), CAN/CSA C22.2.
Electromagnetic interference*: MIL-STD-461F certified
Product Safety, EMC and Environmental Datasheets
Dell Regulatory Compliance Home Page
Dell and the Environment
Essential accessories for your Latitude 12 Rugged Tablet
Rugged Tablet Desk Dock
Maximize your productivity when the job brings you back to the office. The Rugged Tablet Desk Dock connects your tablet to a large monitor, keyboard/mouse or other peripherals as well as charging spare batteries.
Keyboard Cover with Kickstand
Increase your productivity in the field by adding an IP-65 rated full-size keyboard with customizable RGB backlight to your Rugged Tablet. The keyboard cover also offers additional screen protection and comes with a kickstand.
Extended IO Module
Connect your rugged tablet to more devices and extended capability with a module that provides 2 additional USB 3.0 ports and an Ethernet connection.