Purpose-built embedded desktop
OEM- and POS-ready desktop available in two sizes and featuring an adaptable, heat-tolerant design.
Engineered to thrive under demanding day-to-day use, the OptiPlex™ XE features a purpose-built design that solves the unique challenges of hot, dusty, small and enclosed spaces.
Stability You Can Count On
The OptiPlex XE offers long-term system stability, customizable integrated solutions, and a low total cost of ownership for OEMs and retail/point-of-sale (POS) customers.
- Three-and-a-half-year purchase life cycle: A three-and-a-half-year purchase life cycle (which includes the locking of key hardware and software components) helps reduce the cost and complexity normally associated with system recertification. Add optional service and support features to supplement the standard limited hardware warranty*.
- Long managed transitions: A six-month managed-transition period makes it easy to maintain a consistent work environment while planning for future deployments.
- Dell™ OEM Solutions: With the OptiPlex XE, Dell offers OEMs the option of a holistic solution that extends from custom branding and factory integration to phenomenal service and support. Contact your Dell representative today to build an OEM solution that meets your needs and budget.
Built-In Management, Enhanced With Dell Services
The OptiPlex XE offers superb servicing and manageability, helping to ensure that systems can be maintained with ease even when installed in enclosed spaces, retail kiosks or off-site locations.
- Efficient remote management: Available Broadcom® TruManage™ technology allows IT to monitor and maintain the OptiPlex XE remotely, helping to minimize user downtime and schedule patches or updates during off-peak hours.
- Easy on-the-job maintenance: The OptiPlex XE toolless chassis includes a toolless power supply that makes it easy to change a power supply unit (PSU) quickly. Dell™ DirectDetect™ troubleshooting LEDs allow for quick diagnosis of hardware issues without opening the chassis.
- Built-in system monitoring: The OptiPlex XE features a watchdog timer to self-monitor features such as system boot, operating system load and specified applications. Additional hardware-monitoring features provide notification in the event of temperature, power-on self-test (POST), fan and PSU failures.
- Customizable Dell™ Services: From ready-to-use hardware customization to dedicated technical service through Dell ProSupport for IT* and Dell ProManage, Dell offers a suite of highly customizable service and support offerings throughout the PC life cycle.
Energy-Efficient Design, Environmental ResponsibilityWith its energy-efficient, environmentally conscious design, the OptiPlex XE reflects the potential benefits to your operations and your bottom line.
Energy-conscious features: The OptiPlex™ XE offers Dell Energy Smart power settings (select configurations) and 88 percent efficient power supplies. The Dell Client Energy Savings Calculator also lets you estimate energy usage for multiple, customized OptiPlex systems.
ENERGY STAR® compliance: As an ENERGY STAR-compliant partner, Dell has designed select configurations of the OptiPlex™ XE to comply with ENERGY STAR 5.0 standards for energy efficiency.
High environmental standards: Select configurations of the OptiPlex™ XE qualify for an EPEAT® Gold rating. Gold is the highest standard in the Electronic Product Environment Assessment Tool (EPEAT), a set of performance criteria for evaluating electronic products' environmental attributes in both public and private sectors.
- Intel® Q45 Express Chipset w/ICH10DO
- Dual Integrated Broadcom® BCM5761 NetXtreme® and Broadcom® BCM57780 NetLink® 10/100/1000
Optional Dell Wireless 1520 WLAN card (802.11n)
Ports, Slots & Chassis
- Standard I/O Ports
6 External USB 2.0 ports
1 External 24V Powered USB port
1 Display Port
Dimensions(H x W x D) Inches/(cm)
4.30 x 15.61 x 13.75 /
(10.93 x 39.65 x 34.91)
20.60 / 9.38
Number of Bays
2 internal 3.5"
1 external 5.25"
1 low-profile PCIe x16
1 low-profile PCIe x 1
(Optional combo riser converts the PCIe x16 and PCI into full height slots)
2 low-profile PCI
(Optional riser converts the 2 PCI into full height slots)
Small Form Factor
Dimensions(H x W x D) Inches/(cm)
3.35 x 11.40 x 12.74 /
(8.52 x 28.96 x 32.36)
14.3 / 6.48
Number of Bays
1 internal 3.5"
1 external 5.25" (slimline)
1 low-profile PCIe x16
1 low-profile PCI
Dell G-Series and Entry Standard and Widescreen Flat Panel Analog:
Dell G2210, G2410, E170S, E190S, E1709W, E1909WDD, E1910H, E1910, E2010H, E2009W, E2210H, E2210, E2310H
Dell Professional Digital Standard and Widescreen Flat Panel:
Dell P170S, P190S, 1909W, 2009W, P2010H, P2210H, P2210, P2310H
Dell UltraSharp™ Digital Standard and Widescreen Flat Panel, Adjustable Stand:
Dell 2007FP, 2209WA, U2410
Dell Touch-Enabled Flat Panel:
Dell E157FPT (select countries only), Dell SX2210T
Dell QuietKey™ Keyboard, Dell Multimedia Pro Keyboard
Dell USB Optical Mouse, Dell Laser Mouse
Internal Dell Business audio speaker, Dell AX510 and AX510PA Sound Bar Speakers
- Dell ControlPoint
Chassis lock slot and lock loop support
Chassis Intrusion Switch
- Broadcom® TruManage™ Technology System Manage or No System Management options.
300W 88% Efficient PSU; Energy Star 5.0 compliant, Active PFC
Small Form Factor:
280W 88% Efficient PSU; Energy Star 5.0 compliant, Active PFC
- Environmental Standards (eco-labels)
ENERGY STAR® 5.0, EPEAT Gold, EuP, CECP, TCO 05, WEEE, Japan Energy Law, CEC, Japan Green PC, FEMP, South Korea Eco-label, EU RoHS, China RoHS
Other Environmental Options
Dell Energy Smart settings (select configurations); Carbon Off-set; System Recycle (Asset Recovery Service)
Regulatory and Environmental Compliance
Regulatory Model (Desktop): D01D
Regulatory Type (Desktop): D01D001
Regulatory Model (Small Form Factor): D01S
Regulatory Type (Small Form Factor): D01S001
Product Safety, EMC and Environmental Datasheets
Dell Regulatory Compliance Home Page
Dell and the Environment
|Customization and Set-Up|
Our end-to-end deployment services are designed to simplify and accelerate the customization and utilization of your new systems. Dell Deployment Services include everything from order consolidation to coordination of deployment resources.
Dell Managed Deployment Services are for customers who need a complete, end-to-end deployment solution. Managed deployments are useful within complex logistical environments which require a single point of contact.
Hardware Customization (CFI)
Dell offers hardware customization services to help accelerate your system deployments. We can perform a range of services such as custom configuration, consolidation, and integration in our factory so that you can deploy your systems right out of the box.
ImageDirect is a web-based, hosted image management service that enables customers to easily create, manage, and load custom images for Dell commercial client systems.
Advanced Configuration Services
With Advanced Configuration Services (ACS), you can save time and resources by selecting various settings during the purchase process. You can choose to partition your hard drive; select boot order; change BIOS settings; and modify various standard software configuration settings.
|Asset Recovery Services|
Asset Recovery Services
Asset Recovery Services offers safe and environmentally-appropriate disposal solutions for outdated or end-of-life IT assets. This service includes transportation, flexible logistics, equipment processing, detailed data security and environmental reports at an affordable price