Long-term platform stability
The OptiPlex XE2 is a stable and durable desktop PC featuring an ultralong lifecycle, high heat tolerance and exceptional management capabilities.
Extended lifecycleWith an ultralong purchase lifecycle, the OptiPlex XE2 significantly eases management and planning.
- Help reduce the cost and complexity of system recertification with a three-and-a-half-year purchase lifecycle, which includes the locking of key hardware and software components.
- Easily maintain a consistent work environment while planning for future deployments with help from a six-month managed-transition period.
Versatile, durable designFrom the retail counter to the factory floor, the XE2 easily integrates into your unique workspace and can handle the most demanding physical conditions.
- Confidently run your desktop in hot and space-constrained areas — even inside cabinets. A robust chassis design and a durable fan enable a high temperature tolerance, up to 45°C ambient.
- Deploy with flexibility through multiple chassis options. Select the small form factor (SFF) chassis, optimized for constrained workspaces or the expandable mini tower (MT) with support for legacy PCI cards.
- Specifically designed for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), an OEM Ready version of the OptiPlex XE2 is available.
- Boost productivity with up to a 4th-generation Intel® Core™ i7 processors
- Available with Windows 7 Professional or Windows 8 Pro.
- Up to 32GB of memory* and integrated graphics.
- Store up to 2TB* with hard disk drive (HDD), solid-state drive (SSD) and high-performance solid-state hybrid drive (SSHD) options.
- Support up to three monitors at once for serious multitasking.
- Connect new and legacy peripherals with native support for PS/2, Serial (RS-232), VGA and up to 10 USB connections, including optional powered USB.
Exceptional, management and securityEasily control your desktop fleet with comprehensive management and security features.
- Remotely manage your desktops with next-generation Intel® vPro™ technology and Dell’s custom Intel vPro extensions for one-to-many, out-of-band BIOS management.
- Reduce costs to set up, monitor and update systems with Dell’s automated tools and utilities for client systems management.
- Tighten security with an integrated Trusted Platform Module (TPM) and optional self-encrypting drives (SEDs), smart card keyboard and security lock.
Integrated solutionsEnhance the security and management of your OptiPlex systems with robust solutions.
- Help secure data and control user access with flexible, easily managed Dell Data Protection solutions.
- Centralize and automate management to help reduce administration costs with Dell Systems Management and Dell KACE.
- Enhance service delivery to your desktops and boost productivity with Dell Cloud Desktop and Dell Cloud Client Computing solutions.
- Easily manage and secure OS, application, and user data from a central location for delivery of on-demand virtual desktops to stateless and diskless Dell OptiPlex Cloud Desktops, powered by Dell Wyse WSM.
Deployment and customization
Processor Help Me Choose
- Intel® Core™ i5 (4570S)
Operating SystemHelp Me Choose
- Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit, English
- Windows 8.1 Pro, 64-bit English
- Windows 7 Professional English64bit (Includes Windows 8.1 Pro license)
- Intel® Q87 Express Chipset
Graphics CardHelp Me Choose
- Intel Integrated Graphics
Hard DriveHelp Me Choose
- Integrated Intel® I217LM Ethernet LAN 10/100/1000; supports optional PCIe 10/100/1000 network card, optional wireless 802.11n card
Note, the integrated Intel connection is required to support Intel® vPro™ Technology
- Trusted Platform Module* (TPM) 1.2, Dell Data Protection|SecurityTools, Dell Data Protection|Encryption, Chassis lock slot support, optional Chassis Intrusion Switch, Setup/BIOS Password, I/O Interface Security, optional Smart Card keyboards, Intel® Trusted Execution Technology, Intel® Identity Protection Technology, Intel® Ant-Theft Technology, KACE Security, Dell Secure Works, BIOS support for optional*
- Intel® vPro Technology (iAMT 9.0) including Dell unique vPro extensions; Intel® Standard Manageability; No Out of Band Systems Management
- Environmental Standards (eco-labels): ENERGY STAR 5.2 qualified, EPEAT Registered9, CECP, WEEE, Japan Energy Law, South Korea E-standby, South Korea Eco-label (for SFF only), EU RoHS, China RoHSOther Environmental Options: Carbon Off-set; Asset Resale and Recovery Service.
Product Safety, EMC and Environmental Datasheets
Dell Regulatory Compliance Home Page
Dell and the Environment
- Minitower (MT)
Dimensions (H x W x D)Inches/(cm) : 14.2 x 6.9 x 16.4 /(36.0 x 17.5 x 41.7)
Min. Weight (lbs/kg) : 20.68 / 9.4
Number of Bays : 2 internal 3.5”
2 external 5.25”
Expansion Slots : 1 full height PCIe x16
1 full height PCIe x16 (wired x 4)
1 full height PCIe x1
1 full height PCI
Power Supply* Unit (PSU) : 365W up to 90% Efficient PSU (80 PLUS Gold), Active PFC
Small Form Factor (SFF)
Dimensions (H x W x D)Inches/(cm) : 11.4 x 3.7 x 12.3 /(29.0 x 9.3 x 31.2)
Min. Weight (lbs/kg) :13.2 /6.0
Number of Bays :1 internal 3.5”
1 external 5.25” (slimline)
Expansion Slots : 1 half height PCIe x16
1 half height PCIe x4
Power Supply* Unit (PSU) : 315W up to 90% Efficient PSU (80 PLUS Gold), Active PFC
Dell UltraSharp series - Award-winning high-performance monitors and ultrawide viewing, from 21.5"-30
Dell Professional series monitors available from 17"-24"
Dell Single Monitor Arm and Dual Monitor Stand
Keyboards: Dell USB Entry Keyboard, Dell Multimedia Pro Keyboard, Dell Smart Card Keyboard
Mouse: Dell USB Optical Mouse, Dell Laser Mouse
Audio Speakers: Internal Dell 2.0 and 2.1 stereo speaker systems available; Dell sound bar for select flat-panel displays.
Dell Print Solutions: Black-and-White, Color and Multifunction Lasers for printing and document management
Hard Drives Options
Hard Disk Drives: up to 1TB
Supports Hybrid, Opal SED FIPS, and Solid State Drive
RAID 0 & 1 support on select configurations
No Hard Drive – Supports Dell Cloud Desktop diskless option
Removable Media Options
Supports optional optical disc drives
4 External USB 3.0 ports (2 front, 2 rear) and 6 External USB 2.0 ports (2 front, 4 rear) and 2 Internal USB 2.0 (MT only); 1 RJ-45; 1 Serial; 1 VGA; 2 DisplayPort; 2 PS/2; 2 Line-in (stereo/microphone), 2 Line-out (headphone/speaker), optional Parallel/Serial/Powered Serial/Powered USB port support
Dell ProSupport*Professional, proactive and proven support services designed to address the technology challenges you face today.
Dell ProSupport starts with the Dell ProSupport for IT service model designed for IT professionals like you. Dell ProSupport for IT provides:
- 24x7 direct access to Dell Expert Centers
- Fast-track dispatch for Dell-certified technicians
- Escalation management through Dell’s Global Command Centers
Next, Dell ProSupport options align to the way you use technology — rapidly responding to your needs, helping protect your investment, your productivity and your sensitive data, and providing proactive support services designed to reduce the risk and complexity of managing your infrastructure.
|Speed of response||Protection||Premium proactive|
Specialized on-site options — Allows you to augment your daily IT management or tap into specific technical expertise for critical projects when needed. Recommended options for desktops include:
Dell Prosupport on-site Diagnosis
Keep your hard drive — Enables you to maintain control over your sensitive data by retaining a defective hard drive while receiving a replacement hard drive under the limited hardware warranty*.
Enterprise-wide contract — Provides advanced proactive capabilities through:
|Customization and setup|
Our end-to-end deployment services are designed to simplify and accelerate the customization and utilization of your new systems. Dell Deployment Services include everything from order consolidation to coordination of deployment resources.
Client migration and deployment
Dell Managed Deployment services are for customers who need a comprehensive, end -to-end deployment solution. Managed deployments are useful within complex logistical environments, which require a single point of contact.
Dell provides streamlined standard installation services so you can easily choose the specific package that quickly gets new systems into the workspace and old systems out.
Microsoft Windows Vista Assessment and Dell Deployment
Dell can help you assess your PC deployment process and recommend ways in which you can improve efficiency, reduce complexity and maximize the return on your IT investment.
|Asset Recovery Services|
Asset Recovery Services offers safe and environmentally appropriate disposal solutions for outdated or end-of-life IT assets. This service includes transportation, flexible logistics, equipment processing, detailed data security and environmental reports at an affordable price.
Dell offers comprehensive training services, which include hardware and software training, as well as PC skills and professional development classes. Our flexible approach allows you to tailor classes to the needs and busy schedules of your employees with instructor-led classrooms or virtual courses, and even self-directed online options. Dell training can help improve system reliability, maximize productivity, and reduce end-user requests and downtime.