Higher Density Gigabit Ethernet Switch With Virtual Chassis Technology for Copper-Based Networks
The PowerConnect™ J-EX4200-48T Ethernet switch for enterprise networks combines the pay-as-you-grow convenience and low-power and cooling features of stackable switches with the performance, availability, port densities and operational ease of chassis-based platforms. The J-EX4200-48T switch delivers 48 ports of Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet support, of which eight ports can be powered by the network (PoE), thereby reducing power needs for the switch.
- Ethernet switch offers high availability, high performance and a single point of management in a compact, power-efficient 1U framework.
- Virtual chassis technology enables connecting up to 10 switches as a single logical device supporting up to 480 server access ports, lowering management and administrative overhead.
- Junos® network OS with a consistent feature set helps shorten the learning curve and lower operational expenses.
Includes Extended Life Warranty*
Extended Life Warranty provides the assurance that your hardware will be repaired or replaced for as long as you own the product. *Warranty extends until five years after end of product model sales. Fans and power supply are limited to five years from date of purchase. Details at Dell.com/warranty
Innovative ArchitectureThe PowerConnect J-EX4200-48T Ethernet switches feature complete enterprise Layer 2 and Layer 3 switching capabilities to satisfy your high-density access and Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) aggregation requirements.
- Optional GbE and 10 GbE uplink modules enable high-speed connectivity to aggregation or core-layer switches.
- Internal redundant, hot-swappable power supplies and a field-replaceable fan tray with redundant blowers help ensure maximum uptime.
- Eight power over Ethernet (PoE) ports deliver a full 15.4 watts of Class 3 PoE to support IP-enabled telephones, video cameras and wireless LAN access points in converged networks.
- A purpose-built, packet-forwarding-engine application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) consistently delivers wire-rate forwarding, even with all control-plane features enabled.
Virtual Chassis TechnologyIn a virtual chassis configuration, all switches can be monitored and managed as a single device, which enables administrators to improve network efficiency by separating physical topology from logical end-point groupings.
Up to 10 PowerConnect J-EX4200-48T switches can be connected to create a single logical device supporting up to 480 10/100/1000BASE-T ports plus an additional 20 GbE or ten 10 GbE uplink ports, which helps:
- Ease configuration and management
- Reduce operational costs
- Simplify cabling
- Lower cooling costs
- Conserve data center floor space
A single virtual switch can also be created using the GbE or 10 GbE uplink ports to extend the virtual chassis configuration across long distances, spanning different wiring closets, floors or even buildings.
Junos Operating SystemThe PowerConnect J-EX4200-48T Ethernet switch runs on the Junos OS, which is commonly used across all J-Series products, as well as many of the world’s largest and most complex networks.
- Highly disciplined, the Junos OS development process uses a single source code, follows a single quarterly release train and employs a highly available modular architecture that prevents isolated failures from bringing an entire system down.
- Fully regression-tested, each new release is a true superset of the previous version. Therefore, whenever Junos-powered products are updated, all existing capabilities will be maintained and operate in the same way.
- Session-based forwarding combines the session state information of a traditional firewall and the next-hop forwarding of a classic router into a single operation, helping to improve throughput and lower latency for session traffic when compared to classic
ProtectionThis PowerConnect switch is backed by an Extended Life Warranty*, which guarantees Basic Hardware Service (repair or replacement) for as long as you own the product or until five years after end of model sales.
While Basic Hardware Service delivers reliable support for your hardware, most organizations benefit from additional levels of support, to protect their IT investment and maximize productivity. We recommend Dell ProSupport an enhanced suite of services that includes: 24x7 tech support, accelerated response times, immediate access to L2 technical experts and proactive support options. Compare the additional features of ProSupport here. Go beyond the basics and start transforming your IT infrastructure into a true business asset.
Supporting Your Unique EnvironmentThe right support is not one-size-fits-all, it's what fits your environment. Dell ProSupport provides flexible and reliable support that empowers you to customize services to meet your unique business needs. Choose support based on how you use technology and where you want to allocate resources.
Whether you need to support an IT staff or end users, Dell ProSupport will help you remove barriers so you can get back to work.
- 24x7x365 direct access to Dell Expert Centers via email, chat & phone support
- Mission Critical Response Options, including ability to self-designate Severity level 1
- Hardware and software diagnostics and troubleshooting, including direct Dell OEM support and 3rd party collaborative support
- "How-to" support on popular software applications such as Norton AntiVirus™, Microsoft® Office, Microsoft® Small Business Server, Intuit® QuickBooks®, Adobe® Photoshop® and Adobe™ Acrobat™.
- Skip the script and save time with tech to tech support
- Access to tools and resources to certify your technicians that allows them to self-dispatch parts & Labor
- Award winning support from Global Command Centers for dispatch monitoring and end-to-end case management for critical situations or natural disasters
To learn more about Dell ProSupport visit www.dell.com/prosupport.
Simplify Your IT InfrastructureDell ProConsult global infrastructure consulting services can help integrate your new enterprise hardware into an existing or evolving IT infrastructure. We can provide guidance whether you’re adding single or multiple servers, a storage area network or virtualizing your environment. We can also help you enhance the overall performance of your IT infrastructure and data center by consolidating software and hardware, reviewing data usage to optimize the environment, developing a business continuity plan and by helping you migrate to standards-based technologies.
We utilize skilled solution architects, innovative tools, automated analysis and our own intellectual property to give customers rapid insight into the root causes of unnecessary complexity. We seek better answers than traditional service models, based on our belief that solving problems should not need armies of people. Our strategy is to help customers quickly identify high-impact, short-duration projects that deliver ROI and free up resources to obtain competitive advantage. The result is practical, action-oriented plans with specific, predictable, measurable outcomes. From Data Center Optimization to Server Virtualization to Systems Management, our consulting services help you build a more efficient enterprise.
Accelerating DeploymentDell helps simplify implementation with deployment services that speed time to production of new hardware and IT solutions. During the initial system-build of your server, we can customize software and hardware to match your specific requirements. By helping you rapidly deploy new capabilities while minimizing disruptions, we can contribute to improved efficiencies and lower costs.
Empowering Your TeamOur education services provide training and certification courses to help you and your team better manage and use your new hardware so you can reap the full benefits off standards-based technologies.
* Extended Life Warranty
Select PowerConnect products carry an Extended Life Warranty with Basic Hardware Service, which extends until five (5) years after end of product model sales. Except for specific limitations, warranty covers repair or replacement of the product for as long as it remains in use by the customer. The J-EX4200 warranty limits fan and power supply to five (5) years from date of purchase. Warranty does not include troubleshooting, configuration, or other advanced service and support provided by Dell ProSupport Services. The Extended Life Warranty is not transferrable. For specific limitations to other products covered by the Extended Life Warranty see www.dell.com/Warranty