Outstanding storage density and value
Offering enterprise-class features and superior price for performance, the two-socket 2U Dell™ PowerEdge™ R515 is well-suited for database tasks, email, virtualization, workload consolidation and other core business applications requiring an immense amount of local storage.
- AMD Opteron™ processors with up to 16 processor cores
- Impressive amount of local storage with up to 14 hard drives
- Optional advanced systems-management capability with the integrated Lifecycle Controller
Built-in business value
Designed to go the distanceYou've told us you need a server manufacturer that inspires confidence through its reliability, availability and quality of products and services. Working with your needs in mind, we've designed the PowerEdge™ R515 for optimal reliability and ease of use, incorporating customer-inspired features that range from robust metal hard-drive carriers and industrial-quality materials to embedded diagnostics and a handy interactive LCD screen.
Our reliability goals are simple — deliver quality products that stand the test of time.
- A unified server configurator (USC) helps minimize downtime by offering embedded and persistent diagnostics with no media requirements.
- A "one-touch" quality-control process enables one person to be responsible for the entire server build.
- Every fully configured Dell™ server model is tested — and retested — before it leaves the factory.
- Our OS, application and software integration testing and validation process helps ensure that everything works together right out of the box.
- A focus on product longevity helps ensure that product life cycles are long and fully supported with replacement parts, providing excellent investment protection.
Efficient from the inside outWe've designed the PowerEdge™ R515 to provide you with a number of time- and energy-saving features.
- Energy Smart technologies, including low-wattage processors, low-voltage DIMMs and high-efficiency fans that adjust spin rates according to server workload demands, help you manage power in your specific environment.
- Internal server shrouding and logical component layouts optimize the airflow direction to help cool the server.
- Energy-efficient power supplies use power effectively without compromising business productivity
- All external ports, power supplies and LED lights or LCD screens are clustered in the same area across the PowerEdge portfolio to ease usability, installation and administration.
- Compact chassis design helps you utilize space efficiently in your environment.
Easy to manageAs an IT professional, you don't have extra time to spend on routine management and maintenance tasks. That's why the Dell™ systems management portfolio focuses on two core principles to make your life easier: simplicity and cost-effectiveness.
- Lifecycle Controller — Integrated on the server, the optional Lifecycle Controller helps administrators perform provisioning functions, such as diagnostics, hardware configuration and system deployment, in a pre-OS environment — all from a single interface called the unified server configurator (USC). This helps eliminate excess CD/DVD media and helps get your server up and running fast.
- Dell™ Management Console — Enjoy a consolidated view of your IT infrastructure through the Dell Management Console, part of the Dell OpenManage™ portfolio and included with every Dell server.
- Interactive LCD Screen — The PowerEdge™ R515 features an interactive LCD screen on the front of the server to ease setup, monitoring and maintenance. Plain-language diagnosis and a programmable messaging system can help you address issues quickly to simplify day-to-day monitoring.
- Automated Updates — To help ensure your systems stay running at their best, automatic update notifications from Support.Dell.com provide you the latest updates for firmware, drivers and BIOS.
- AMD Opteron™ 4100, 4200 and 4300 series processors
- Microsoft® Windows Server® 2012
Microsoft Windows® Small Business Server 2011
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 SP2, x86/x64 (includes Hyper-V®)
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, x64 (includes Hyper-V)
Microsoft Windows HPC Server 2008
Novell® SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®
Microsoft Hyper-V, a server role in Microsoft Windows Server operating systems
VMware® vSphere® ESXi™
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization®
- AMD (SR5670 and SP5100)
- Up to 256GB (8 DIMM slots): 1GB/2GB/4GB/8GB/16GB/32GB DDR3 up to 1600MT/s
- Hot-plug Hard Drive Options:
2.5" SAS SSD, SATA SSD, SAS (10K)
3.5" SAS (15K), nearline SAS (7.2K), SATA (7.2K)
Maximum Internal Storage:
8TB–24.6TB* (depending on chassis)
For information about Dell external storage options, visit Dell.com/Storage.
- Hot-Swap options available:
Up to eight or twelve 3.5” SAS or SATA, or 2.5” SAS or SSD drives
- 3 PCIe G2 slots + 1 storage slot:
One x8 slot
Two x4 slots
One Storage x4 slot
- Internal Controllers:
PERC H200 (6Gb/s)
PERC H700 (6Gb/s); Non-Volatile battery-backed cache: 512MB, 1G SAS 6/iR
PERC S300 (software based/ 8 HDD chassis only)
PERC H800 (6Gb/s); Non-Volatile battery-backed cache: 512MB, 1G SAS 6/iR
External HBAs (non-RAID)
6GB/s SAS HBA
- One Dual-Port Broadcom 5716 Gigabit NIC (total of two 1x GB ports)
- Intel® 10GBase-T Copper Single Port NIC, PCI-E x8
Intel PRO 1000 PT Single Port Adapter, Gigabit Ethernet NIC, PCI-E x1
Intel® Gigabit ET Dual Port Server Adapter, PCI-E x4
Intel® Gigabit ET Quad Port Server Adapter, PCI-E x4
Intel Ethernet X520 DA2 Dual-Port 10 Gigabit Server Adapter
Intel® X520-T2 Dual-Port 10 Gigabit Ethernet Server Adapter
Broadcom® BCM5709C IPV6 Gigabit Copper Dual Port NIC with TOE and iSCSI Offload, PCI-E x4
Broadcom® BCM5709C IPV6 Gigabit Copper Dual Port NIC with TOE, PCI-E x4
Broadcom® BCM5709C 10/100/1000BASET Quad Port NIC
Broadcom® NetXtreme™ II 57711 Dual-Port SFP+/Direct Attach 10Gb Ethernet PCI-Express Network Interface Card with TOE and iSCSI Offload
Optional add-in CNA or FC HBAs:
BR1020 10G Converged Network Adapter (CNA) – dual port
Emulex LPe11002 FC4 HBA, Dual Port
Emulex LPe1150 FC4 HBA, Single Port
Emulex LPe12000 8Gbps FC HBA, Single Port
Emulex LPe12002 8Gbps FC HBA, Dual Port
Emulex OCE10102FXD, 10G PCI-e FCoE CNA, Dual Port
Qlogic QLE220 FC4 HBA, Single Port
Qlogic QLE2460 FC4 HBA, Single Port
Qlogic QLE2462 FC4 HBA, Dual Port
Qlogic QLE2560 8Gbps FC HBA, Single Port
Qlogic QLE2562 8Gbps FC HBA, Dual Port
Qlogic QLE8152 8Gbps FC HBA, Dual Port
Brocade FC HBA BR815
Brocade FC HBA BR825
- Redundant 750W hot-plug power supplies
- Hot-plug hard drives, Hot-plug redundant power, ECC memory, and Quad-pack LED diagnostic (12HDD chassis) or interactive LCD (8HDD chassis)
- Matrox G200eW w/ 8MB
- 8 HDD Chassis
3.40 H x 17.19 W x 24.09 D (in)
86.4 H x 436.6 W x 610.2 D (mm)
12 HDD Chassis
3.42 H x 17.53 W x 26.17 D (in)
86.7 H x 445.2 W x 664.6 D (mm)
ReadyRails™ sliding rails with optional cable management arm for 4-post racks (optional adapter brackets required for threaded hole racks)
ReadyRails™ static rails for 2-post and 4-post racks
- Dell™ OpenManage™
BMC, IPMI 2.0 compliant
Lifecycle Controller enabled via optional: iDRAC6 Express, or iDRAC6 Enterprise and vFlash
Unified Server Configurator
Dell Enterprise Deployment Services
Our end-to-end deployment services ensure your Dell PowerEdge installation, configuration and implementation is completed accurately and quickly—anytime, anywhere—with proven processes based on best practices acquired from thousands of deployments by our highly skilled experts.
Dell ProSupport offers a suite of support services that enable you to choose support models based on how you use technology and where you want to allocate resources. We recommend Dell ProSupport Plus with SupportAssist for mission-critical systems or Dell ProSupport for premium hardware and software support for your PowerEdge solution. For hyper-scale data centers, we also offer ProSupport Flex for Data Center. Contact your Dell representative today for more information*.
Dell Training Services
Dell Education Services offers PowerEdge Server training courses designed to help you achieve more with your hardware investment. The curriculum is designed in conjunction with the server development team, as well as Dell’s technical support team, to ensure that the training delivers the information and practical, hands-on skills you and your team need to confidently deploy, manage and maintain your Dell Server solution. To learn more or register for a class today, click here.
|The Dell OpenManage systems management portfolio, including Dell PowerEdge server embedded management feature integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC) with Lifecycle Controller, helps IT Administrators efficiently manage Dell servers in physical, virtual, local and remote environments, operating in band or out of band, with or without a systems management software agent. Irrespective of the operating system or hypervisor you deploy, iDRAC with Lifecycle Controller automates the most essential and frequently performed server management tasks to help your IT resources become more productive and your IT environment more cost-effective and well-maintained. Dell OpenManage also integrates and connects to leading third-party systems management solutions you may already own, so you can maintain your single point of control and capitalize on your existing investment.|
Solutions and Systems Management
|With Dell Compellent, Dell EqualLogic and Dell PowerVault, we have created a comprehensive and innovative portfolio of storage products, all of which are easy to deploy, manage and grow. Whether you use network attached storage (NAS), direct attached storage (DAS), internet SCSI (iSCSI) or Fibre Channel (FC), Dell has a product that can meet your business needs and reduce the cost and complexity of storage.|
|The Value of Dell Storage: |
Dell’s open, standards-based solutions let customers of all sizes integrate new technologies without sacrificing performance or their existing IT investments.
|Direct-Attached Storage: |
The Dell PowerVault MD storage family offers easy and economical expansion for Dell PowerEdge servers enabling high availability and scalability for demanding business applications.
|Disk-to-Disk Backup |
Due to expanding volumes of data that must be backed up and protected along with shrinking backup windows, many IT departments have moved to or added disk-based backups.
|Network-Attached Storage |
NAS is a specialized storage server with its own IP address that is made available to multiple clients and servers on a local area network (LAN) or wide area network (WAN).
|Object-Based Storage |
The Dell DX Object Storage Platform is designed to intelligently access, store, protect and distribute fixed digital content.
|Storage Area Network |
A storage area network (SAN) is a network of shared storage devices, such as disk storage arrays and tape automation
|Tape Backup |
Considered the first and last line of defense against data loss, tape and removable disks can be used for long-term data storage and backup.
|Unified Storage |
Unified Storage is a term that describes the ability to manage both file- and block-level data.