Value and performance in a four-socket, 2U rack server
Ideal for virtualization and high-performance computing (HPC), the Dell™ PowerEdge™ R815 is a four-socket, 2U rack server that offers processor density, redundancy and value in a space-saving form factor.
- AMD® Opteron® 6100 series processors
Operating System (Dell recommends Windows 10 Pro.)
- Microsoft® Windows Server® 2012
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 SP2, x86/x64 (x64 includes Hyper-V®)
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, x64 (includes Hyper-V v2)
Microsoft Windows® HPC Server 2008 R2
Novell® SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®
Microsoft Hyper-V through Microsoft Windows Server 2008
VMware® vSphere® ESX™ and ESXi™
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization®
- AMD (SR5650, SR5670 and SP5100)
- Hot-Swap options available:
Up to six 2.5” SATA SSD, SAS, nearline SAS, or SATA drives
- 6 PCIe G2 slots + 1 storage slot:
Five x8 slots
One x4 slot
One x4 Storage slot
- Internal Controllers:
PERC H700 (6Gb/s) with 512MB battery-backed cache; 512MB, 1GB Non-Volatile battery-backed cache
PERC 6/i with 256MB battery-backed cache
PERC H800 (6Gb/s) with 512MB of battery-backed cache; 512MB, 1GB Non-Volatile battery-backed cache
PERC 6/E with 256MB or 512MB of battery-backed cache
External HBAs (non-RAID):
6Gbps SAS HBA
SAS 5/E HBA
LSI2032 PCIe SCSI HBA
- Two Dual-Port Broadcom 5709C Gigabit NICs
- Intel® 10GBase-T Copper Single-Port NIC, PCIe x8
Intel Single-Port Server Adapter, 10 Gigabit, SR Optical, PCIe x8
Broadcom® BMC57710 10Base-T Copper Single-Port NIC, PCIe x8
Broadcom 10GbE NIC, Broadcom Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+
Intel Gigabit ET Dual-Port Server Adapter
Intel Gigabit ET Quad-Port Server Adapter
Brocade® CNA Dual-Port adapter
Emulex® CNA iSCSI HBA stand up adapter OCE10102-IX-D
Emulex CNA iSCSI HBA stand up adapter OCE10102-FX-D
Optional add in Fibre Channel HBAs:
QLogic® QLE2462 FC4 Dual-Port
QLogic QLE220 FC4 Single-Port
QLogic QLE2460 FC4 Single-Port
QLogic QLE2562 FC8 Dual-Port, PCIe 2.0 x4
QLogic QLE2560 FC8 Single-Port, PCIe 2.0 x4
QLogic QLE2660 FC16 Single-Port, PCIe 3.0 x4
QLogic QLE2662 FC16 Dual-Port, PCIe 3.0 x4
Emulex® LPe-1150 FC4 Single-Port, PCIe x4
Emulex LPe-11002 FC4 Dual-Port, PCIe x4
Emulex LPe-12000, FC8 Single-Port, PCIe 2.0 x4
Emulex LPe-12002, FC8 Dual-Port, PCIe 2.0 x4
Brocade FC4 and 8 GB HBAs
- One hot-pluggable non-redundant 1100W power supply
Two hot-pluggable redundant 1100W power supplies
- Hot-plug hard drives, Hot-plug redundant power, dual SD modules, ECC memory, and an interactive LCD screen
- Matrox G200eW w/ 8MB
- Rack Chassis
3.40 H x 18.99 W x 28.25 D (in)
8.64 H x 48.24 W x 71.75 D (cm)
Sliding ReadyRails™ for 4-post racks, static ReadyRails™ for 4-post and 2-post racks, and optional support for cable management arm
- Dell™ OpenManage™
BMC, IPMI 2.0 compliant
iDRAC6 Express, with optional upgrade to iDRAC6 Enterprise and vFlash
Microsoft® System Center Essential (SCE) 2010 v2
Purpose-Built for Reliability
Server Reliability: A Long-Term Goal
Dell customers have told us they need a server manufacturer that inspires confidence through its reliability, availability and quality of products. By listening to and focusing on what our customers want, we’ve set a simple reliability goal: Deliver quality products that stand the test of time.
To help meet this goal, Dell is dedicated to improving reliability processes by:
- Employing robust validation and testing processes for durable product design
- Verifying that each supplier meets Dell’s stringent quality standards
- Utilizing robust, durable industrial materials to enable long product lifecycles
- Introducing a Unified Server Configurator (USC), which helps to minimize downtime by offering embedded and persistent diagnostics with no media required
- Improving redundancy generation over generation with features such as dual internal SD modules that provide failover at the hypervisor level
- Implementing a "one-touch" quality-control process designed to ensure that one person is responsible for the entire server build
- Ensuring that every fully configured Dell server is tested—and retested—before it leaves the factory
Intelligent, Connected Systems Management
Along with its adherence to open standards, Dell’s systems-management portfolio focuses on simplicity, efficiency, cost containment and cost reduction. Additionally, we’ve integrated our management solutions with third-party offerings to provide your organization with a holistic focus across the solutions stack.
- Purpose-built to provide a reliable foundation, and balanced with next-generation AMD processors, advanced memory capacity and energy-efficient technologies, the Dell™ PowerEdge™ R815 offers an ideal combination of value and performance.
- Featuring AMD Opteron™ processor technology, the PowerEdge R815 is designed to handle demanding workloads with outstanding speed, stability, efficiency and bottom-line value. The PowerEdge R815 offers an ideal solution for virtualization, medium to large databases, email, high-performance computing (HPC) environments and other highly threaded applications.
- Dell aims to bring value to your business by including the features you need for your specific IT environment. Our goal is to deliver outstanding performance and value through tailored, intelligent platforms based on industry standards and purposeful, innovative design.
Along with rising energy costs, limitations on space, power and cooling capacity present enormous challenges for IT. PowerEdge servers drive energy efficiency as a design standard while delivering the performance you need to meet cost and environmental goals. Our energy-efficient system design, built with Energy Smart technologies, can help to manage power in your specific environment.
Dell ProSupport — Faster, more reliable support services designed to address the technology challenges you face today. This new support portfolio is focused on your needs, time demands and budgets.
Need professional support services that take care of both you and your employees’ IT needs 7x24? Choose Dell ProSupport to get access to a certified technician in two minutes or less.
Got an IT staff? Choose Dell ProSupport for IT and get tech-to-tech support with Fast-Track Dispatch, along with 7x24 access to Dell-certified technicians.
|Dell ProSupport Service Model|
|Dell ProSupport||Dell ProSupport for IT|
Designed for organizations with limited or no dedicated IT staff.
|Designed to provide tech-to-tech support for IT Professionals, Database Administrators and internal Service Desks or helpdesks.|
Next, Dell ProSupport Options align to the way you use technology – rapidly responding to your needs, protecting your investment, your productivity and your sensitive data, and providing enhanced proactive support services to help reduce the risk and complexity of managing your infrastructure.
|SPEED OF RESPONSE||PROTECTION||PROACTIVE|
|Mission Critical — Perfect for server and storage environments where avoiding unplanned downtime and reducing recovery time through priority response are a must. The package includes priority 4-hour Onsite* Service after Remote Diagnosis or optional 2-hour response with 6-hour hardware repair, Dell’s proven Critical Situation process, and emergency dispatch.||Data Management and Protection |
|Proactive Maintenance — Maximizes the availability and stability of your infrastructure proactively. The package includes a detailed system assessment and implementation of driver or firmware updates and upgrades for your server or storage systems. |
Remote Advisory Options — Provides telephone and Internet access to technical expertise for specialized applications and solutions such as Microsoft Exchange, Virtualization, virus remediation and more.
|Basic Hardware Support|
Ideal for non-essential application environments. This service offers business-hour, phone-based support* for hardware-only issues with Next Business Day On-Site Service* following completion of phone-based troubleshooting
|Customization and Set-Up|
Go from factory to deployment with Dell server installation services. Our modular suite of installation services allows you to customize the right package of services needed to rapidly implement your new system.
Get the skills you need to keep pace in today's competitive IT environment with comprehensive training and certification courses. Dell offers a vast array of instructor-led classes and online training courses in a range of topics from server maintenance to in-depth technical overview of specific systems.
Dell Management Plug-in for VMware vCenter
What if you could manage your physical infrastructure from your virtual console?
What if you could rapidly and consistently provision hardware and deploy virtual machines from within VMware vCenter?
What if you could reduce the number of steps needed to deploy virtual infrastructure?
With the Dell Management Plug-In for VMware vCenter installed in your VMware environment, you can:
• Get deep-level detail from Dell servers for inventory, monitoring and alerting— all from within vCenter
• Deploy BIOS and firmware updates to Dell servers from within vCenter
• Build hardware and hypervisor profiles and deploy any combination of the two on bare-metal Dell PowerEdge servers without a preboot execution environment (PXE)
• Automatically perform Dell-recommended vCenter actions based on Dell hardware alerts
• Access Dell hardware warranty information online
And, to give you even more power, we deliver our plug-in as a virtual appliance. That makes it easier to deploy and configure and offers integration directly into the vCenter console, providing more information inside of vCenter itself — unlike many other vendors who provide only "link-and-launch" capabilities to point to their own proprietary consoles.
The combination of the Dell Management Plug-In for VMware vCenter and the revolutionary embedded management features offered by Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC) with Lifecycle Controller in Dell PowerEdge servers gives you an unmatched level of integration between vCenter and your server hardware.