Outstanding virtualization performance
The PowerEdge R900 is an Intel processor-based 4-socket, 4U rack server that is ideal for virtualization, RISC migration and compute-intense, business-critical applications.
- Up to 4 Quad-Core Intel® Xeon® Processors 7300 series:
X7350, 2.93GHz, 1066MHz front side bus, 8MB cache
E7330, 2.40GHz, 1066MHz front side bus, 6MB cache
E7320, 2.13GHz, 1066MHz front side bus, 4MB cache
E7310, 1.60GHz, 1066MHz front side bus, 4MB cache
Up to 4 Dual-Core Intel® Xeon® Processors 7200 series:
E7220, 2.93GHz, 1066MHz front side bus, 8MB cache
- Microsoft® Windows® Essential Business Server 20081
Microsoft Windows® Server 2008 SP2, x86/x64 (x64 includes Hyper-V™ )
Microsoft Windows® Server 2008 R2, x64 (includes Hyper-V™ v2)
Microsoft® Windows® HPC Server 2008
Novell® SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux
*Windows Server® 2008 R2 Foundation allows only 15 user accounts and requires certain Active Directory (AD) configurations. If not configured according to the product documentation, the software will generate warnings to correct the configuration. After a certain amount of time, the software will only run for one hour at a time until the configuration is corrected. For more information about these features review the product documentation located at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=143551.
- Up to 256GB* (32 DIMM slots): 512MB/1GB/2GB/4GB/8GB FBD, 667MHz
Optional high availability features including memory sparing and mirroring
Embedded Hypervisor (Optional)
- Microsoft HyperV via Microsoft Windows Server 2008
VMware ESXi 3.5
Citrix XenServer Dell Express Edition
Citrix XenServer Dell Enterprise Edition
- Optional add-in PowerEdge Expandable RAID controllers:
PERC 6/E: SAS 3.0Gb ports with 256MB or 512 battery-backed cache for connectivity to SAS external storage system
PERC 6/i: SAS 3.0Gb ports with 256MB battery-backed cache for internal storage
- Four embedded Broadcom® NetXtreme II™ 5708 Gigabit5 Ethernet NIC with fail-over and load balancing
TOE (TCP/IP Offload Engine) supported on Microsoft Windows Server 2003, SP1 or higher with Scalable Networking Pack
Optional add-in NICs:
Intel PRO/1000 PT Dual Port Server Adapter, Gigabit, Copper, PCI-E x4
Intel PRO/1000 PT Single Port Server Adapter, Gigabit, Copper, PCI-E x1
Intel PRO/1000 VT Quad Port Server Adapter, Gigabit, Copper, PCI-E x8
Intel PRO/1000 PF Single Port Server Adapter, Gigabit, Optical, PCI-E x4
Broadcom® NetXtreme II™ 5708 Single Port Gigabit Ethernet NIC w/TOE, Copper, PCI-E x4
Broadcom® NetXtreme™ 5722 Single Port Gigabit Ethernet NIC, Copper, PCI-E x1
Intel Single Port Server Adapter, 10Gigabit, SR Optical, PCI-E x8
Intel® Gigabit ET Dual Port Server Adapter
Intel® Gigabit ET Quad Port Server Adapter
Broadcom 10GbE NIC
- 1030 W (90V - 180 VAC) - 1570W (180 - 240 VAC) hot-plug auto-sensing redundant power (1+1)
- FCC (U.S. only) Class A
ICES (Canada) Class A
CE Mark (EN 55022 Class A, EN55024, EN61000-3-2,
VCCI (Japan) Class A
BSMI (Taiwan) Class A
C-Tick (Australia/New Zealand) Class A
SABS (South Africa) Class A
CCC (China) Class A
MIC (Korea) Class A
CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 60950
Outstanding Virtualization PerformanceDell’s most powerful Intel® server, the PowerEdge R900 is designed and optimized to provide outstanding virtualization performance.
The R900 is an optimum platform for data-demanding enterprise applications in a virtual environment and features:
- Intel® Xeon® 7400 series 6-core and 4-core processor technology
- Increased memory and I/O (input/output) capacities over the previous model
- Broad scalability
- An embedded hypervisor for simplified virtualization — Choose between VMware® ESXi™ 3.5 or Citrix® XenServer™ and then power up the server and begin migration of virtual machines within minutes with factory-integrated hypervisors.
An Ideal Server for RISC MigrationMigrating to an open x86 platform can reduce costs and improve overall management while providing an affordable foundation that scales easily for future needs. Dell’s premium-free systems management helps drive down costs and simplify RISC migration.
With up to 24 cores, the PowerEdge R900 moves well into the enterprise class of RISC/UNIX® proprietary-systems.
Power and Stability for Business-Critical ApplicationsDesigned to handle data and compute-intensive applications, the PowerEdge R900 is:
- Dell’s most powerful Intel-based system to date
- An outstanding choice for Oracle®, SQL® and other business-critical enterprise-class solutions
- Stable and efficient with Energy Smart® power supply units that provide 90 percent efficiency for improved performance per watt and maximum value
Simplified ManagementThe PowerEdge R900 helps simplify your IT infrastructure with:
- Improved monitoring capabilities in a single, easy-to-use interface with the Dell OpenManage™ suite of management tools featuring monitoring capabilities for power-sensitive and virtual environments
- Advanced security features, including the industry-standard Trusted Platform Module (TPM), a locked-down internal USB port and a chassis intrusion sensor to help protect critical data
- High availability thanks to hot-pluggable redundant power supplies and hard drives and multiple RAID options, including support for RAID-6
Dell ProSupport - Designed to address the technology challenges you face today.
Dell™ ProSupport starts with the Dell ProSupport for IT service model designed for IT professionals like you. Dell ProSupport for IT provides:
- 7x24 Direct access to Dell Expert Centers
- Fast-track dispatch for Dell-certified technicians
- Escalation management through Dell’s Global Command Centers
Next, Dell ProSupport Options align to the way you use technology – rapidly responding to your needs, protecting your investment, your productivity and your sensitive data, and providing enhanced proactive support services to help reduce the risk and complexity of managing your infrastructure.
|SPEED OF RESPONSE||PROTECTION||PREMIUM PROACTIVE|
|Mission Critical - Perfect for server and storage environments where avoiding unplanned downtime and reducing recovery time through priority response are a must. The package includes priority 4-hour on-site* service or optional 2-hour response with 6-hour hardware repair, Dell’s proven Critical Situation process, and emergency dispatch.||Data Management and Protection||Enterprise-Wide Contract – Provides enhanced proactive capabilities through:|
|Basic Hardware Support|
Ideal for non-essential application environments. This service offers business-hour, phone-based support* for hardware-only issues with Next Business Day On-Site Service* following completion of phone-based troubleshooting
|Customization and Set-Up|
Server Installation Services Go from factory to deployment with Dell server installation services. Our modular suite of installation services allows you to customize the right package of services needed to rapidly implement your new system.
Get the skills you need to keep pace in today's competitive IT environment with comprehensive training and certification courses. Dell offers a vast array of instructor-led classes and online training courses in a range of topics from server maintenance to in-depth technical overview of specific systems.