Outstanding Price / Performance
|Dell™ PowerEdge™ T605 server combines quad-core AMD Opteron™ 2300 series processors with great memory capacity and scalability to offer outstanding performance with exceptional value.
Depending on workload, AMD’s new Opteron 2300 series processors provide up to 46% better performance over previous processor generations within the same thermal envelope.
The PowerEdge T605 is an excellent server for performance-demanding, growing businesses with limited IT budgets.
The PowerEdge T605 features:
Excellent ScalabilityDell’s PowerEdge T605 is designed to offer the essential combination of reliability and flexible scalability. Growing businesses can easily upgrade from a single 2-core or 4-core AMD Opteron processor to dual processors. High memory capacity and five I/O slots provide scalability to help match future capacity demands cost effectively.
Dell has simplified management of the PowerEdge T605 with a single, easy-to-use interface provided by the Dell OpenManage™ suite of management tools. Dell offers the robust features of OpenManage management system to help control IT costs.
Compact, Quiet and SecureThe PowerEdge T605 was designed with quiet acoustics and a compact footprint to easily integrate into space-challenged, growing businesses. The T605’s superb balance of processing power, cost-effective storage, and remote management capabilities make it an ideal server for a branch office.
Optional Security features of the T605 include an internal, locked-down USB port, locking metal bezel, and a chassis intrusion switch. A built-in Trusted Platform Module (TPM) enables system authentication, assists with encryption, and helps prevent tampering.
Additionally, optional redundant power supplies can help prevent loss of data and productivity.
Expert System SupportDell ProSupport for IT is designed to provide tech-to-tech support for IT professionals, database administrators and internal service desks.* Options such as Fast-Track Dispatch, direct access to Dell Expert Centers, and customer-controlled severity levels were designed for growing businesses. Dell ProSupport for IT helps enable IT professionals to satisfy the needs of internal customers while freeing up IT time for strategic projects.
Availability and terms of Dell Services vary by region. For more information, visit www.dell.com/servicedescriptions.
- Factory Installed O/S:
- Microsoft® Windows® Server 2008, Standard Edition
- Microsoft® Windows® Server 2008, Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft® Windows® Server 2008, x64 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft® Windows® Server 2008, x64 Standard Edition
- Microsoft® Windows® Small Business Server 2008, Standard Edition
- Microsoft® Windows® Small Business Server 2008, Premium Edition
- Microsoft® Windows® Server 2003 R2, Standard Edition
- Microsoft® Windows® Server 2003 R2, Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft® Windows® Server 2003 R2, x64 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft® Windows® Server 2003 R2, x64 Standard Edition
- Microsoft® Windows® Small Business Server 2003 R2, Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows® Server 2008 x64 Small Business Standard Edition
- Microsoft Windows® Server 2008 x64 Small Business Standard Edition with OpenManage® 5.5 support Microsoft Windows® Server 2008 with HyperV
- Novell® SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP2
- Red Hat® Linux® Enterprise v5 ES x86-64
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 x86-64
- Red Hat® Linux® Enterprise v5.2, ES and ES x86
- Red Hat® Linux® Enterprise v5.2, ES
- ES x86-64
Validated, but not factory installable:
- Microsoft® Windows® Server 2003, Standard Edition
- Microsoft® Windows® Server 2003, Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft® Windows® Server 2003, x64 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft® Windows® Server 2003, x64 Standard Edition
- Microsoft® Windows® Small Business Server 2003, Standard Edition
- Microsoft® Windows® Small Business Server 2003, Premium Edition
- Microsoft® Windows® Small Business Server 2003 R2, Premium Edition
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9 SP4
Dell offers storage technology that can enable you to derive maximum value from your information infrastructure.
No other company knows more about storing and protecting information on Dell servers and storage arrays—than Dell. Direct feedback from customers--fueled by the Dell direct model--drives the design and development of a broad range of storage products for organizations of all sizes. Upon consulting with you to understand your operational objectives, Dell can design and deploy a custom storage solution and become a primary contact to assist you with your enterprise applications and information.
|Storage Area Network (SAN):
A network of shared storage resources
|Disk Storage Arrays:
Disk enclosures that connect to a server or network
Automated tape systems for consolidated backup
|Tape Drives and Removable Disk Drives:
Tape and Removable Disk Drive devices used to back up and restore information
Dell ProSupport - Designed to address the technology challenges you face today.
Dell™ ProSupport starts with the Dell ProSupport for IT service model designed for IT professionals like you. Dell ProSupport for IT provides:
- 7x24 Direct access to Dell Expert Centers
- Fast-track dispatch for Dell-certified technicians
- Escalation management through Dell’s Global Command Centers
Next, Dell ProSupport Options align to the way you use technology – rapidly responding to your needs, protecting your investment, your productivity and your sensitive data, and providing enhanced proactive support services to help reduce the risk and complexity of managing your infrastructure.
|SPEED OF RESPONSE||PROTECTION||PREMIUM PROACTIVE|
|Mission Critical - Perfect for server and storage environments where avoiding unplanned downtime and reducing recovery time through priority response are a must. The package includes priority 4-hour on-site* service or optional 2-hour response with 6-hour hardware repair, Dell’s proven Critical Situation process, and emergency dispatch.||Data Management and Protection||Enterprise-Wide Contract – Provides enhanced proactive capabilities through:|
|Basic Hardware Support|
Ideal for non-essential application environments. This service offers business-hour, phone-based support* for hardware-only issues with Next Business Day On-Site Service* following completion of phone-based troubleshooting
|Customization and Set-Up|
Server Installation Services Go from factory to deployment with Dell server installation services. Our modular suite of installation services allows you to customize the right package of services needed to rapidly implement your new system.
Get the skills you need to keep pace in today's competitive IT environment with comprehensive training and certification courses. Dell offers a vast array of instructor-led classes and online training courses in a range of topics from server maintenance to in-depth technical overview of specific systems.