High performance, high availability.
Affordable PowerVault MD3 array series designed for maximum performance and capacity.
Technology that delivers high-performance and high-capacity storage
Get affordable enterprise-level capabilitiesPowerVault MD3 SAS arrays come with the following features:
- Improved performance: Get up to 2x performance with the new 12Gb SAS arrays*.
- Controller options: Maximize throughput with 16GB total*.
- Dynamic Disk Pools (DDP): Improved DDP functionality that supports 20 disk pools, and can support up to 120 SSDs.
- Thin provisioning: Allocate and consume physical storage capacity as needed in disk pools.
- SSD Cache: Increase execution speed of applications by caching previously read data (available with High Performance tier only).
- vStorage APIs for Array Integration (VAAI) support: Integrate array commands with VMware in the host environment.
- Try and buy: Determine which premium features suit your environment with a 90-day trial software license for specific software.
Protect your dataKeep your valuable information safe with these additional PowerVault options:
- Remote Replication: Replicate data to any global location that includes mirroring thin provisioned pools.
- Snapshots: Easily recover files after accidental deletion or alteration with point-in-time copies of data.
- Virtual Disk Copy (VDC): Enable quick and seamless virtual disk relocation and disk-based backup and recovery with a full, replicated copy of source data.
- Self-encrypting drives (SEDs): Render data useless to unauthorized users with drive-level encryption, even if the drive has been removed from the enclosure.
- Instant Secure Erase: Permanently and securely remove data when SEDs are repurposed or decommissioned.
Spend less managing your data
Upgrade with the Premium Feature Key bundles that meet your priorities.
Speed recovery with Dynamic Disk Pools.Dynamic Disk Pools protect data by dynamically distributing data across pools of drives. In the event of a drive failure, DDP will identify the critical data and dynamically rebalance the data so the array can return to an optimal state faster than it would in the typical RAID environment. DDP can now support up to 20 disk pools and up to 120 SSDs.
Global services and support
Reduce IT complexity, lower costs and eliminate inefficiencies by making IT and business solutions work harder for you. You can count on Dell for end-to-end solutions to maximize your performance and uptime. A proven leader in servers, storage and networking, Dell Enterprise Solutions and Services deliver innovation at any scale. And if you’re looking to preserve cash or increase operational efficiency, Dell Financial Services has a wide range of options to make technology acquisition easy and affordable. Contact your Dell Sales Representative for more information
MD3400 12Gb SAS arrayThis SAS array provides high-availability and high-capacity when using 12Gb near-line SAS drives with Direct Attach Storage (DAS). In a 2U, 12-drive enclosure, it can support 4GB cache per controller, or 8GB cache per controller with the dual controller configuration.
• Up to twelve 3.5-inch or 2.5" SAS, near-line SAS and SSD
• Directlyconnect up to four high-availability (HA)-configured
• Expand capacity with up to eight MD1200 or MD1220
MD3420 12Gb SAS arrayThe PowerVault MD3 SAS series has been designed with the entry-level to medium business customer in mind. It uses 12Gb near-line SAS drives and DAS with single or dual active/active controllers in a 2U, 24-drive enclosure. It can support 4GB cache per controller, or 8GB cache per controller with the dual controller configuration.
• Up to twenty-four 2.5-inch SAS, near-line SAS and SSD
• Directly connect up to four high-availability (HA)-configured
• Single- or dual-controller options
MD3460 12Gb SAS arrayThe MD3 dense SAS array has a 4U form factor that supports more drives than ever before within the MD3 product line, allowing you to save space, power and cooling while maintaining its ease-of-management. It uses 12Gb near-line SAS drives and DAS with dual active/active controllers, with a 60-drive capacity per enclosure. It can support 4GB or 8GB cache per controller.
• Up to 2x performance with the new 12Gb SAS array*
• Options for mix and match of 3.5", 2.5", SED or SSD hard drives*
• Scale up to 180 drives in just 12U, providing up to 1.8PB of raw capacity*
• Standard high-performance tiering with SSD cache, dynamic disk pools and
• vStorage APIs for Array Integration (VAAI) support
• vCenter Plug-in to monitor and manage the PowerVault MD series arrays in
MD3060e expansion enclosureA 60-drive expansion enclosure specifically designed for the MD3 dense array series, the MD3060e* dense enclosure is an eBOD (expansion bunch of disks), which operate in the same fashion as a JBOD (just a bunch of disks). There are two enclosure management modules (EMM) that allow for management of the expansion drives via the MD3 Dense Array controllers. The MD1200 and MD1220 are designed for use as expansion for the MD3 2U arrays.
• Options for mix and match of 3.5", 2.5", SED or SSD hard drives*
• Add 2 MD3060e enclosures (max) for up to 180 drives in just 12U, providing up
• Dual EMM controller option only, using the enclosure management modules
Dell ProSupport starts with the Dell ProSupport for IT service model designed for IT professionals like you. Dell ProSupport for IT provides:
• 24x7 Direct access to Dell Expert Centers
• Fast-track dispatch for Dell-certified technicians
• Escalation management through Dell’s Global Command Centers
Next, Dell ProSupport Options align to the way you use technology — rapidly responding to your needs, protecting your investment, productivity and sensitive data, and providing enhanced proactive support services to reduce the risk and complexity of managing your infrastructure.
|Speed of response||Protection||Premium proactive|
Mission Critical* — Perfect for server and storage environments where avoiding unplanned downtime and reducing recovery time through priority response are a must. The package includes priority 4-hour on-site*service or optional 2-hour response with 6-hour hardware repair, Dell’s proven Critical Situation process and emergency dispatch.
|Keep your hard drive* — |
|Enterprise-wide contract — Provides enhanced proactive capabilities through:|
Proactive maintenance — Maximizes the availability and stability of your infrastructure proactively. The package includes a detailed system assessment and implementation of driver or firmware updates and upgrades for your server or storage systems.
Remote advisory options — Provides telephone and internet access to technical expertise for specialized applications and solutions such as Microsoft® Exchange, Virtualization and more.
|Basic Hardware Warranty*|
Ideal for nonessential application environments. This service offers business-hour, phone-based support for hardware-only issues with Next Business Day On-Site Service following completion of phone-based troubleshooting.
Dell Education Services
Decrease downtime, improve utilization and ensure business continuity with storage training from Dell Education Services. A self-paced online training course jump starts the Storage Administrator on managing the PowerVault MD Storage environment.
|Additional service offerings|
Comprehensive storage training and certification
Through comprehensive storage training courses, Dell provides expertise in implementing Dell storage into an existing IT infrastructure. If you are interested in validating or maintaining your skill set for company compliance, the Dell-certified Network Storage Networking Professional Certification path is available.
Backup and recovery
To sustain the continued operation of your storage solution, you should engineer availability, security and reliability into every process from the outset. Dell can provide backup and recovery solutions that help ensure adequate procedures are in place to minimize or avoid data loss.
Our storage experts analyze existing infrastructure, operational practices and technical readiness to develop a roadmap for conducting a storage consolidation. They will also develop a detailed consolidation deployment plan as well as a validated and refined solution design.