The world’s most powerful 17" Workstation
Mobile productivity and smart design unite in the Dell Precision M6800, featuring up to Windows 8 Pro, a 17.3" screen and best-in-class power and storage. Fully customizable (optional).
Processor Help Me Choose
- Intel® Core I7 Extreme (4940MX)
- Intel® Core™ i7 (4910MQ, 4810MQ, 4710MQ, 4610M)
- Intel® Core™ i5 (4340M, 4310M, 4210M)
Operating SystemHelp Me Choose
- Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit, English
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS v6.4 with 1 YR RHN
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS v6.4 with 3 YR RHN
- Ubuntu 12.04 Long Term Support (LTS) SP1
- Windows 7 Professional English 64bit (Includes Windows 8 Pro license)
- Windows 8.1 Pro, 64-bit English
- Windows 7 Professional, English, 64-bit (includes Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit License)
- Windows 7 Professional English/French 64bit (Includes Windows 8.1 Pro license)
- Mobile Intel® QM87 Express
- Graphics Options*:
AMD FirePro M6100 Mobility Pro with 2GB GDDR5 dedicated memory
NVIDIA Quadro K3100M, 4GB GDDR5 VRAM
NVIDIA Quadro K4100M with 4GB GDDR5 dedicated memory
NVIDIA Quadro K5100M with 8GB GDDR5 dedicated memory
Hard DriveHelp Me Choose
- DVD-ROM; Slot load DVD+/-RW; Blu-ray Disc™ Rewritable; Optical bay caddy for additional hard drive or solid state drive
- Wired: Integrated Intel 82579M/V 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet
Wireless LAN & Bluetooth:
Dell Wireless 1506 (802.11gn)
Intel Centrino® Ultimate-N 6300 (802.11n 3x3 half Mini-Card)
Intel Centrino® Advanced-N 7260 (802.11ac+BT 4.0 2x2 half Mini-Card)
Dell Wireless 1550 (802.11 a/c+BT 4.0 2x2 half Mini-Card)
Dell Wireless 1601 (802.11n+BT+60Hz WiGig 2x2 half Mini-Card) (Available only in select countries)
Mobile Broadband & GPS:
Dell Wireless™ DW5570 Multi-mode HSPA+/-42Mbps full Mini-Card
Dell Wireless™ DW5808 Gobi 4G/LTE full Mini-Card
- Security Options*:
Trusted Platform Module 1.2 (TPM)
FIPS certified TPM
I/O Interface Security
Intel Anti-Theft Protection (iATP)
Contact SmartCard reader
Contactless SmartCard reader
standard or FIPS certified fingerprint reader
FIPS certified self encrypting drive
Dell Data Protection | Security Tools
Dell Data Protection | Protected Workspace
Dell Data Protection| Encryption
- Dual integrated high quality speakers and dual integrated noise cancelling digital array microphones standard
Waves MaxxAudio® Pro suite of advanced audio enhancement tools
Optional, integrated, light sensitive HD video webcam with Dell Webcam Central software
Ports, Slots & Chassis
- Slots: 2 full and 2 half Mini-Card slots
Standard I/O Ports
1 - Lock Slot
2 - USB 3.0
1 - Microphone
1 - Headphone
1 - 9-in-1 media card reader*
1 - SmartCard reader (optional)
1 - 54mm ExpressCard slot
1 - VGA
1 - RJ-45
1 - eSATA / USB 2.0
1 - HDMI
2 - USB 3.0
1 - DisplayPort
1 - Wireless switch
Materials: aluminum and magnesium alloy
Dimensions (HxWxD): 1.44-1.59" x 16.41" x 10.65" (36.45-40.4mm x 416.7mm x 270.6mm);
Touch version: 1.55-1.71" x 16.41" x 10.65" (39.45-43.4mm x 416.7mm x 270.6mm);
Weight*: starts at 7.86lbs; 3.57kg (with 9-cell battery, airbay and optional mSATA)
Power: 240W AC adapter
Full size keyboard with number pad; backlit optional
Multi-touch touchpad with three buttons; track stick with three buttons
Monitors: Dell's award winning UltraSharp Monitors; Dell MDS14 Dual Monitor Stand
Docking: Dell E-Port Plus Advanced Port Replicator
Keyboard and mouse: Dell KM714 wireless keyboard and mouse; Dell Multimedia Keyboard
Carrying Case: Timbuk2® Breakout Premium Messenger Case;Targus Drifter II Backpack
- 9-cell (97Wh) with ExpressCharge™; 9-cell (87Wh) 3 Year Limited Hardware Warranty*; 9-cell (97Wh) Extended battery slice
- Product Safety, EMC and Environmental Datasheets
Dell Regulatory Compliance Home Page
Dell and the Environment
Environmental and Regulatory
Environmental standards (eco-labels) include: BFR/PVC free*; ENERGY STAR® qualified, EPEAT® Registered*; China - RoHS, CECP,CEC; EU - RoHS, WEEE; Germany - GS Mark; South Korea - RoHS, Eco-label; Japan - RoHS, Energy Law, Green PC
Other environmental options: Dell Asset Recovery Service
Warranty and Support Services
Limited Hardware Warranty*: Standard 3-year Next Business Day On Site Service after Remote Diagnosis*.
Optional 3 year Dell ProSupport* offers premium support from expert technicians and 24x7 global availability.
Heavy-duty processing and graphics performance
Innovative, durable designWiGig docking: Wirelessly connect to your compatible mouse, monitor, keyboard and conference-room equipment with WiGig (Available only in select countries, please check with your local Sales Representative for more details.)
Ten-finger touch display: Your optional touch display isn’t just amazing to look at — it’s phenomenal to work on. Multitask with a swipe, tap or drag of your fingers.
Waves MaxxAudio Pro: Raise the sound quality of audio files played on your Workstation’s speakers or your headphones with this suite of audio tools.
Intel® vPro™/AMT systems management: Remotely manage and update your Dell Precision fleet with optional next-generation Intel® vPro™ technology.*
Four USB 3.0 ports: Transfer files quickly with the speed of USB 3.0.
Strong materials: Your Dell Precision Workstation has an aluminum and magnesium alloy chassis that has been subjected to MIL-STD 810G testing to ensure durability.
Easy Eject Drive Bay: Quickly remove your hard drive and swap it with another or store it separately for security reasons with the tool-free, easy eject primary drive bay.*
Top-notch securityFrom cyber threats to accidental system loss, the Dell Precision M6800 gives you confidence that your critical data is protected by the latest technologies.
- Stop advanced malware in its tracks with Dell Data Protection | Protected Workspace.
- Dell Data Protection | Security Tools enables multifactor, single sign-on (SSO) and preboot authentication along with integrated management with your encryption policies.
- A FIPS 140-2-certified TPM is available for secure credential storage, and Dell ControlVault adds another layer of hardware security by isolating user passwords and credentials on a separately controlled hardware chip.
- Add the highest level of data protection with FIPS-certified self-encrypting drives.
Discover special features and stand-out visual appeal with the Dell Precision M6800 Covet Edition. It takes the best components from the M6800 and adds a brilliant Phoenix Red signature color.
Long battery life
Quiet-running dual fans — one for the CPU and one for the GPU — help increase component longevity and extend battery life.
Dell Fast Response Free Fall Sensor
Dell Fast Response Free Fall Sensor is designed to sense a drop from five inches or higher and park the reading head on your hard drive to help prevent damage to the drive and your data.
Your Dell Precision mobile Workstation has been certified by leading software manufacturers for seamless performance in demanding professional software.
Essential accessories for your Dell Precision M6800Complete your mobile Workstation with an E-Port Plus Replicator for easy connections to desktop accessories, a wireless keyboard and mouse, dual monitor stand and high-performance monitor. Look for these great products and more at checkout.
|E-Port Plus Advanced Replicator |
Simplify connections to your keyboard, mouse
and up to four monitors and transfer data quickly with two USB 3.0 ports.
|Dell KM714 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo|
Give your workspace a clean look with this sleek wireless keyboard and mouse combo.
|Dell MDS14 Dual Monitor Stand|
Optimize your dual monitor setup to improve productivity and reduce desktop clutter.
|Dell UltraSharp U2413 24" Monitor with PremierColor|
Count on consistent, calibrated hues right out
of the box with Dell PremierColor.