Desktop experience in a mobile solution
Enjoy the performance and video experience of a desktop in a laptop designed for small businesses.
Designed specifically to meet the unique needs and requirements of small businesses, Vostro™ laptops give you the freedom to buy exactly what you need in a small business laptop. The Vostro 1720 17-inch laptop is packed with some of the latest technologies and connectivity options, and comes with exceptional support all at a great price — so you can achieve more while spending less. With Vostro laptops, you get can get the big business technologies without the big business price.
With a full-sized keyboard including an adjacent 10-key numeric keypad and an optional Dell Premium wide-screen display for large, vibrant images, the Vostro 1720 gives you more of a desktop-like experience while keeping you mobile.
The wide spectrum of available services allow for an offering that scales to meet your customized needs, including the following:
- Dell on-site service helps to get your new Dell desktop, notebook and workstation up and running quickly.
- Extended battery service* gives you the flexibility to extend the terms of your laptop battery coverage for the remainder of your laptop's limited hardware warranty* up to three years, and provides a battery replacement during the extended term should your primary battery fail.
- CompleteCare™* Accidental Damage Service offers the support you need when accidents happen to your Vostro laptop.
ENERGY STAR-qualified products help you save money and protect the environment through energy efficiency.
Security With Advanced Data Protection OptionsYour data is sacred to your business. Vostro laptops help you treat it that way with advanced, easy-to-use multilevel security features designed for small businesses.
- Shield your secrets from prying eyes by using the fingerprint reader for multifactor authentication or adding an encrypted hard drive* plus Trusted Platform Module* (TPM)-protected network connection for added security.
- Protect your data with durable hardware options such as solid-state drives (SSD), 7,200 rpm Free Fall Sensor hard drives, magnesium alloy-reinforced base and spill-resistant keyboard.
- Help protect your client information, design plans and financial records by subscribing to services such as Dell ProSupport* Hard Drive Data Recovery, Certified Data Destruction, Laptop Tracking and Recovery, Remote Data Delete, and DataSafe Online Backup.
Do More — Anywhere, AnytimeMake it happen — in a bistro, waiting for a plane or in your client’s board room, Vostro laptops simply make it easy and fast to achieve more no matter where you are.
- Long battery life, fast wireless connections and Dell's extended battery service help to keep you going without interruption.
- You can reduce expenses, increase productivity and broaden your reach when you communicate face-to-face with customers, partners or colleagues through the optional, easy-to-use Dell Video Chat* video communications solution with an integrated Webcam and digital microphone.
- Get a world-class video experience with the Dell Vostro 1720, equipped with optional NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GS graphics card and Intel Core2 Duo processor.
- Focus more on your business and less on IT while the optional Dell PC Installation and Data Migration Services install and configure PC, server, and network equipment or software and migrate data from one system to another all while at your location.
- Intel® 45 Express chipset
- Fixed, tray load, 8X DVD+/-RW, Blu-Ray Disc (BD/DVD/CD read write)
- 6-cell 58 WHr Lithium Ion battery
9-cell 87 WHr Lithium Ion battery
- Optional Features
Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security (up to 3 year subscription)
Biometric fingerprint reader with DigitalPersona software
Encrypted Hard Drive with Wave software
Trusted Platform Module 1.2 with Infineon TPM management Security Software
- 2 speakers
1.3 Mega pixel camera with single digital microphone including Dell Webcam Central & Dell Video Chat software
- Wireless Cards:
Dell Wireless 355 Bluetooth® 2.0 (optional)
Ports, Slots & Chassis
- Externally Accessible
(6) USB 2.0 compliant 4-pin ports
15-pin VGA video connector
Network connector (RJ45)
Modem optional external via USB port
AC adapter connector
4-pin IEEE 1394 port
8-in-1 media memory card reader
54 mm ExpressCard slot
Dimensions & Weight:
Width : 15.47" / 393mm
Height : 1" / 29mm(f), 1.59" / 40.5 mm (b)
Depth : 11.26" / 286mm
Preliminary weight 6.8lbs/3.09 kg with Optical Drive, WLAN, Hard Drive and 6-cell battery
Built for small business. Built for how you work.
Vostro laptop solutions provide the combination of hardware, services and software that small business users want.
All Vostro laptops include:
Vostro Services and Support
You asked for a complete package. We listened.
Vostro was created with your small business in mind, which is why Dell offers comprehensive services and support specifically designed for your business. Dell has created tools and services to help you with installation, maintenance and repair tasks. You can be confident that you will have the level of support you need to help keep your business running smoothly.
Introducing Dell ProSupport – Faster, more reliable support services designed to address the technology challenges you face today. This new support portfolio is focused on your needs, time demands and budgets.
Dell ProSupport starts with the Dell ProSupport for non-IT Professionals Service Model, designed to take care of both you and your employees’ IT needs 7x24.
Dell ProSupport for non-IT Professionals includes:
Next, further customize your support solution by taking advantage of the Dell ProSupport Options below that align to how you use your technology.
Dell’s installation services give you the tools you need to get your systems up and running as fast as possible so you can focus on more important business matters.
Vostro's maintenance services and support tools help prevent downtime and potential disaster by keeping your systems running at peak performance.
Dell makes it easy to get help fast when your business needs it. All Vostro systems include a standard One-year parts and labor Limited Warranty, with the option to extend it for up to 4 years.