More of what you crave.
A laptop that’s 17% thinner than previous generations. Powered by 4th Gen Intel® Core™ processors and Windows 8, featuring a 15.6" standard touch screen display.
The new Inspiron 15R with 6-cell battery features 4th Gen Intel® Core™ processors in a sleek design that’s 17% thinner than the 2011 model. So you get all the performance you need, with a little more room in your bag for the other things that matter.
Whether you’re streaming blockbusters or setting a new high score, 4th Gen Intel® Core™ processors deliver long battery life and a stunning visual experience to get the most from your favorite Windows 8 apps and games.
At about 1″ thin, Inspiron 15R slips easily into a travel bag when you need to take your work with you. No wonder it’s our most popular size.*
Style for miles
Brushed-aluminum finish and rounded corners — you’ll feel more sophisticated just looking at it.
Windows 8 was designed especially for touch — the fluid new interface gives you the look and feel of a tablet, but with the powerful capabilities of a PC. Swipe and tap through your morning news. Zoom in and out of images using gesture. Anything you do on the Inspiron 15R feels more fun when you add the optional 15.6" touch screen.
• Photos, videos, movies and other images pop on a 1366 x 1378 display in 720p.
• Graphics options: 4th Gen Intel® Core™ processors and updated UMA graphics let you enjoy your entertainment the way it was meant to be seen with faster, smoother videos and game experiences.
• HDMI™ 1.4 connection: Complete your home entertainment experience by connecting your Inspiron 15R to an external HDMI-capable TV or monitor via the HDMI 1.4 port.
• Waves MaxxAudio® 4.0: From crisp highs to warm lows, MaxxAudio® 4.0 gives you total control over your Inspiron 15R’s frequency response.
• Optical drive: Pop a movie in the tray-load optical drive and enjoy movies on the go.
• Hard drive: Store your valuable data on a massive hard drive.
• Ports: Connecting to your peripherals is simple with two USB 3.0, one USB 2.0, HDMI 1.4 and RJ45 Ethernet ports.
• Enjoy media-format freedom with an 8-in-1 media card reader for outstanding compatibility.
• Spill-resistant keyboard: Accidents happen. Rest easy and work with confidence thanks to a spill-resistant keyboard.
An optional 65-WHr 6-cell battery can help you stay powered up long enough to skip the in-flight movie, polish your presentation and drift off to your favorite music.
We want you to love your new PC for years to come. That's why we test every Inspiron laptop for reliability not just in the places where you expect it, but for the open road ahead.
• Turn up the heat: From locker rooms to locked cars, we test Inspiron laptops for survival in harsh short-term heat conditions of up to 65°C/149°F.
• Everything hinges on it: We test Inspiron laptop hinges to ensure they still feel tight, even after opening and closing the lid 20,000 times.
• Keys to success: We test commonly used keys for 10 million keystrokes and touch pad buttons 1 million times with no failure. So go ahead, finish your novel.
• Buttoned up: No matter what you set your power and multimedia buttons to do, we've tested them all to survive up to 40,000 pushes with no problems.
• Twist and turn: Call us excessive, but after twisting every Inspiron laptop's base and lid more than 25,000 times, we can assure you the parts inside are well protected.
• Always a good fit: You'll probably never need to remove and reinstall your Inspiron's battery 750 times, but you can rest easy knowing that we've tested even that.
Complete your Inspiron experience
Your Inspiron 15R is just the start. Look for these great additions when finalizing your purchase.
Your Inspiron 15R comes preloaded with anti-virus and videoconference software to help you stay protected and connected.
We’re here and ready to help. In addition to America’s Best Standard Support (90 days Premium Phone Support and 1 year of In-Home Service after Remote Diagnosis*), Dell offers protection options including Accidental Damage Service,* LoJack® for Laptops,* McAfee® SecurityCenter and DataSafe Online Backup.
Whether you want accessories for work, travel or play, you’ll find what you need at Dell.com. Pick up an ultraslim Dell monitor, a wireless mouse or an all-in-one printer at checkout to maximize your laptop.
Processor Help Me Choose
- 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i3-4010U processor (3M Cache, up to 1.7 GHz)
- 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-4200U processor (3M Cache, up to 2.6 GHz)
- 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4500U processor (4M Cache, up to 3.0 GHz)
Operating SystemHelp Me Choose
- Windows 8, 64-bit, English
- 6GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (4GBx1 + 2GBx1)
- 8GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (4GBx2)
- 16GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (8GBx2)
- Mobile Intel® HM76 Express Chipset
DisplayHelp Me Choose
- 15.6 inch LED Backlit Touch Display with Truelife and HD resolution (1366 x 768)
- 15.6 inch LED Backlit Display with Truelife and HD resolution (1366 x 768)
Audio and Speakers
- Stereo speakers with Waves MaxxAudio® 4 processing
Built-in digital microphone
- Tray-loading DVD+/-RW
- 6-cell/3.0Ah (65 WHr) Lithium Ion
- Native HD 1.0MP webcam with digital microphone
- Dell Wireless-N 170x + Bluetooth 4.0
Integrated Ethernet 10/100
Ports, Slots & Chassis
- Externally Accessible
HDMITM 1.4a, RJ-45 10/100, USB 3.0 (2), USB 2.0 (2), Security slot
Multi-media Card Reader
MCR: 8 in 1 Card Reader (Hi Speed-SD, Hi Capacity-SD, MMC, MS, MS-PRO, SD, SDXC, xD)
Dimensions & Weight
Width: 14.8” (376mm)
Height: 0.98” (24.9mm) front /1.23” (31.3mm) back with 6-cell/65 WHr battery
Depth: 10.2” (259mm)
Starting weight of 5.12 lbs (2.32 kg) with 6-cell/65 WHr battery