2-socket high-memory rack server
With the PowerEdge™ C2100, you don’t have to choose memory over disk capacity. You get both so you can get results faster. Dell designed the PowerEdge C2100 to maximize space, power and cost efficiency in data centers where memory and storage density are critical: MapReduce, web analytics, database and cloud computing.
- High Memory Density — Get up to 18 double data rate 3 (DDR3) memory slots in a 2U form factor for a maximum of 144GB.
- The Right Mix of Disks — Choose between two backplane options for ultimate performance or ultimate flexibility with 12x3.5" or 24x2.5" front-loaded hard drive slots, as well as two internal 2.5" cabled hard drives.
- Focused Feature Set — Purpose-built design, optimized to provide only the features you need.
- 2-socket, 4 or 6 cores per processor
Intel® Xeon® 5500/5600 product family with L2/L3 cache: 4MB/8MB/12MB
- Novell® SUSE® Linux® Enterprise Server 11 SP2 x64
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®
Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008 R2 Enterprise SP1 and HPC Server 2008 R2 x64 SP1
- Intel® 5500
- 2GB/4GB/8GB/16GB DDR3 (1333 MT/s), 18 DIMM slots for up to 192GB SDDC, ECC
4GB/8GB/16GB low-volt DDR3 Samsung® Green Memory available
Embedded Hypervisor (Optional)
- Citrix® XenServer®
VMware® ESXi ™
Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008 Hyper-V®
- 12 x 3.5” or 24 x 2.5” hot-plug hard drives
2 additional internal 2.5” SATA HDD or SSD (optional)
2.5” 6GB SAS (15K): 146GB, 300GB
2.5” 6GB SAS (10K): 300GB, 600GB, 900GB
2.5” NL SAS (7.2K): 500GB, 1TB
2.5” SATA (7.2K RPM): 250GB, 500GB, 1TB
2.5” SSD (MLC NAND): 100GB, 200GB
3.5” SATA (7.2K): 500GB, 1TB, 2TB
3.5” SAS (15K): 300GB, 450GB, 600GB
3.5” NL SAS (7.2K): 1TB, 2TB, 3TB
Maximum Internal Storage:
26TB SATA or 38TB NL SAS
- 4 PCIe G2 slots:
2 x 8 PCI Express Gen2 slot
1 proprietary mezzanine for dual port 10GbE daughtercard
1 proprietary mezzanine for LSI 2008 SAS daughtercard
- Internal Controllers:
LSI® 2008 SAS daughtercard
LSI MegaRAID® SAS 9260-8i
- Onboard: Intel 82576 – 2 x Gb Ethernet and 1 x 100Mb Ethernet dedicated management port
Add-in: 1Gb and 10Gb Ethernet card options
QDR InfiniBand card options
- Dual hot-plug redundant high-efficiency 750W power supplies or single high-efficiency 750W power supply
Auto-switching universal 110/220 volts
- Hot-plug hard drives
Hot-plug redundant power
Single device data correction (SDDC)
- Integrated AST2050 with 8MB VGA memory
- C2100 physical dimensions:
2U Rack-mountable chassis
Height 87.5 cm (3.44")
Width 43.74 cm (17.22")
Depth 72.2 cm (28.42")
Weight (maximum configuration) 28.5 kg (62.8 lb)
Weight (empty) 12 kg (26.5 lb)
4-post (Dell rack), sliding rails
- Services (Availability varies by region. Please contact your sales representative for details.)
Infrastructure Consulting Services
Rack Integration (U.S. only)
Basic Support, ProSupport for IT 4-Hour Support
Keep Your Hard Drive
Enterprise Wide Contract
Specialized Onsite Services
Embedded BMC with IPMI 2.0 support
Intel® Intelligent Power Node Manager compliant
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V®
- Choose from high-capacity 3.5" or 2.5" SATA, or high-performance serial attached SCSI (SAS), or solid-state drives (SSDs) on the front loaded drives and, 2.5" SATA or enterprise-class single-level cell (SLC) SSDs on the internal drives for the optimal storage solution (up to 38TB) to support your applications.
- Drive configuration options include 12 hot-plug 3.5" or 24 hot-plug 2.5" front-loaded hard drive slots, plus two internal 2.5" hard disk (HDDs) for added storage.
- Support for 6Gb/s SAS gives you the future-ready scalability and performance needed in high-performance file operations.
We've designed PowerEdge C servers for rack deployments in large, homogenous cloud/cluster environments where the software stack predominantly provides platform availability and resiliency. We didn't add the extra features you don't need to get the job done, such as extensive systems management or broad enterprise storage.
Dell ProSupport offers a suite of support services tailored to your business needs and resource strategy. For critical PowerEdge cloud solutions, we recommend Dell ProSupport Plus with SupportAssist or Dell ProSupport for comprehensive hardware and software support. For very large data center customers with a skilled support staff, we also offer ProSupport Flex for Data Center.
Dell PowerEdge C Services
Dell is dedicated to simplifying IT, and Dell™ Services can help you manage the complexities of growing and maintaining your hyperscale, high-performance and cloud computing data center environments. Dell’s broad portfolio of planning, implementation and support services can help accelerate your IT initiatives, so you can grow your business.
PowerEdge C Services are tailored to complement how you manage your data center. Options include:
• Consulting Services — Bring in experts and get it right, from the start.
• Deployment Services — Get new technology into production faster.
• Expert-level Tech Support — Critical, immediate support for critical systems.
• Support Tools — Prevent system downtime, increase productivity.
Whatever the situation, Dell can help you break through complexity by providing services and solutions to meet your exact data center needs.
Dell Consulting Services guide and facilitate PowerEdge cloud server integration with business needs. Our experts offer deep expertise in cloud, virtualization, disaster recovery and data center transformation. We take a holistic and collaborative approach, analyze your business objectives and leverage the right technologies to meet your requirements.
With growing interest in cloud and virtualization tools, Dell Consulting Services offers a Cloud Readiness Assessment, one of the best ways to understand current environments and the hardware you need to move from a physical/virtual environment to a cloud model.
Dell Enterprise Deployment Services
Get your new cloud server up and running quickly and efficiently. Dell provides end-to-end deployment services — from rack integration to configuration and implementation — so your staff can confidently adopt your new technology with as little effort as possible. For more information, please contact your Dell representative.
Dell Training Services
Dell Education Services offers PowerEdge Server training courses designed to help you achieve more with your hardware investment. The curriculum is designed in conjunction with the server development team, as well as Dell’s technical support team, to ensure that the training delivers the information and practical, hands-on skills you and your team need to confidently deploy, manage and maintain your Dell Server solution.
Dell Support Tools
Dell’s automated and self-service tools simplify your support experience and minimize your effort when Dell systems require service. Dell’s portfolio of tools and technologies drive productivity, ensure uptime and maximize performance.
Reduce support effort, maintain device health and prevent issues from turning costly with automated proactive support. SupportAssist features include:
• Remote monitoring
• Automated issue detection and notification
• Automated case creation and contact from Dell
Boost productivity by centralizing support-case and replacement-parts dispatch management with this self-service support tool. Available online in 11 languages, through a mobile application and via APIs (application programming interfaces), TechDirect makes issue resolution easy, convenient and flexible.
Dell™ PowerEdge C servers are available with certified software from Dell partners to create optimized, fully-supported solutions that include hardware, software, service and support. These offerings include powerful solutions for new big data and cloud computing instances.
Dell Apache Hadoop Solution
Leverage Hadoop to process massive application datasets. The Dell | Cloudera® solution combines Dell servers, Crowbar software framework and networking components with Cloudera’s Distribution, including Apache Hadoop (CDH) as well as management tools, training, technology support and professional services. This Dell Apache Hadoop Solution gives you a one-stop shop for deploying, managing and scaling a Hadoop cluster.
The Dell OpenStack-Powered Cloud Solution
Stand up an OpenStack cloud in hours instead of days. This massively scalable open source Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) cloud solution leverages OpenStack™ cloud software on Dell PowerEdge C servers and switches, Crowbar software framework, Dell OpenStack expertise, service and support. It’s open, compatible with other systems and gives you the freedom to build the cloud of your dreams.
The Dell Cloud Solution for Web Applications
Take the guesswork out of building and running efficient public and private clouds with a turnkey cloud solution. The Dell Cloud Solution for Web Applications brings together optimized Dell hardware, Joyent software and joint services, so you can easily and quickly deploy and manage an elastic, on-demand cloud infrastructure with confidence, with as little or as much outside support as you want along the way.
Dell Solution Services
Whether you need help with strategy and deployment, require IT or business consulting, or want to explore managed services that take the load off your IT staff, turn to Dell services for expert advice and world-class support for your data center environment.