Adds a Unified Storage Solution for PowerVault™ MD iSCSI storage systems
The PowerVault™ NX3500 utilizes Dell™ Fluid File System and the MD backend for Internet SCSI (iSCSI), common internet file system (CIFS) and network file system (NFS) access to block and file data, enabling a single file share to scale up to the capacity of the MD deployment, currently 389TB* of usable capacity.
- Powerful: Consolidate block and file data with high-availability unified storage
- Flexible: Easily add or modify iSCSI-, NFS- and CIFS-based storage as needs grow
- Secure: Built-in data protection features such as snapshots and replication help provide security and data integrity
- Certified VMware compatibility: Tested and certified to be compatible with VMware® ESX release 5.0, 4.1 and 4.0
The answer is unified storage
Take charge of your file data.Deploy versatile unified storage by integrating high-performance NAS with MD32x0i and MD36x0i iSCSI arrays and MD12x0 expansion enclosures. The PowerVault NX3500 with Dell Fluid File System is designed to help optimize file-access performance and hardware utilization while helping eliminate capacity and file-share size constraints.
- A single file share can scale up to 389TB.
- The system supports up to 192 SAS, NL SAS and SSD drives.
- The comprehensive and intuitive NAS Manager helps reduce the time needed to create and manage multiple volumes and shares.
- A wizard-based installation tool automates the initial setup and configuration process.
Pay as you grow.Scale easily with a system designed for smaller deployments that have increasing iSCSI-, NFS- and CIFS-based data storage needs. With PowerVault™ NX3500, you can help prevent the data silos and server sprawl often created by the increasing amount of file data (email, video, MP3 user home directories).
You can start small and still enjoy the value of high performance unified storage. And as your storage needs grow, you can dynamically add or modify block and file capacity as needed without disrupting existing applications and storage systems.
Built-in data protection
Easily protect your file data with PowerVault NX3500. Features such as snapshots, replication and backup support, safeguard file shares and are included in the base price.
Easily manage efficient snapshot capabilities for file data.
Implement easy-to-use asynchronous data replication for fast and accurate disaster recovery.
Restore previous versions of files directly from a snapshot directory without contacting IT personnel.
Easily integrate your NX3500 system into network backup environments with Network Data Management Protocol (NDMP) standard backup support.