Adds a Unified Storage Solution for PowerVault™ MD iSCSI storage systems
The PowerVault™ NX3500 utilizes Dell™ Fluid File System and the MD backend for Internet SCSI (iSCSI), common internet file system (CIFS) and network file system (NFS) access to block and file data, enabling a single file share to scale up to the capacity of the MD deployment, currently 389TB* of usable capacity.
- Powerful: Consolidate block and file data with high-availability unified storage
- Flexible: Easily add or modify iSCSI-, NFS- and CIFS-based storage as needs grow
- Secure: Built-in data protection features such as snapshots and replication help provide security and data integrity
- Certified VMware compatibility: Tested and certified to be compatible with VMware® ESX release 5.0, 4.1 and 4.0
- A single file share can scale up to 389TB.
- The system supports up to 192 SAS, NL SAS and SSD drives.
- The comprehensive and intuitive NAS Manager helps reduce the time needed to create and manage multiple volumes and shares.
- A wizard-based installation tool automates the initial setup and configuration process.
You can start small and still enjoy the value of high performance unified storage. And as your storage needs grow, you can dynamically add or modify block and file capacity as needed without disrupting existing applications and storage systems.