World-class iSCSI SAN supporting 10GbE and SSD
The EqualLogic PS6010S with solid-state-disk (SSD) drives provides exceptional random IOPs performance with very low latency for intense database and other very demanding enterprise applications.
- Highly available and reliable storage for latency-sensitive applications
- Virtualized scale-out architecture, ideal for server virtualization and storage consolidation
- Increased throughput performance from 10GbE technology
- Robust backup and recovery through application integration and automation
- Scalable, self-managing storage that grows with your business
Dell EqualLogic PS6010S
Exceptional Ease of Use
MODULAR DESIGN WITH ENTERPRISE RELIABILITY
ENTERPRISE DATA SERVICES WITHOUT ADDITIONAL COST
With built-in storage features once available only to top-tier data centers, the PS6010S enables best practice storage for every size organization.
EqualLogic PS Series arrays include the following enterprise data services and software features with no additional software licensing fees:
- PS Group Manager
- SAN HeadQuarters Multi-SAN Historical Performance Monitoring
- Rapid Provisioning
- Remote Setup Wizard
- Roles-Based Administration
- Volume Management
- Auto-Stat Disk Monitoring System
- E-mail Home
- Enclosure Monitoring System
- Performance Monitoring
Data Protection, Availability and Recovery
- Instant Volume Restore
- Multi-Path I/O*
- Multi-Volume, Writeable Snapshots
- Snapshot and Auto-Replication Scheduler
- Volume Cloning
- Volume Consistency Sets
Server Management and Protection Integration
- Array Evacuation
- Automatic Load Balancing
- Automatic or Manual Storage Tiering
- Complete SAN Virtualization
- Online Data and Volume Movement
- RAID Load Balancing
- Storage Pools
- Thin Provisioning
FLEXIBILITY WITH LOW COST OF OWNERSHIPThe EqualLogic PS Series arrays represent a breakthrough in storage economics, from purchase and setup to operation and upgrades. The PS Series scales on-demand and online allowing storage growth without disrupting applications. As a result, EqualLogic arrays provide exceptional flexibility at a low total cost of ownership.
Whether consolidating a direct-attached storage (DAS) infrastructure, migrating data from an existing SAN or NAS system, streamlining data protection processes, or simply adding storage capacity, the EqualLogic PS Series from Dell offers a family of proven, high-performance, self-managing storage arrays designed to meet the requirements of today’s critical datacenter environments.
Grow confidently with advanced Array Software features
Meet your current storage needs and future data management requirements with EqualLogic™ Array Software.
- Synchronous Replication: Maintain two identical copies of a volume across two different storage pools in the same PS Series for real-time data protection.
- Volume Unmap: Recover unused space previously allocated to thin-provisioned volumes for better storage capacity utilization and cost-effectiveness.
- Snapshot Space Borrowing: Temporarily increase the available snapshot space for a volume by borrowing from the snapshot reserve of other volumes and pool free space improving your capacity management.
EqualLogic Array Software
Each EqualLogic array ships with a powerful set of software features that help you manage, protect and optimize your data. The EqualLogic Group Manager helps streamline storage and data management across both PS Series SAN arrays and FS Series NAS appliances. EqualLogic PS Series Firmware is the foundation of the EqualLogic software family. Integrated across the entire family of EqualLogic PS arrays, the EqualLogic PS Series Firmware is a SAN operating system based on a unique peer storage architecture that:
Also included in the firmware is the EqualLogic Manual Transfer Utility that provides a non-network replication capability to minimize the time required to transfer large amounts of data between replication partners.
EqualLogic’s latest firmware (release 7.0) includes enhanced functions for PS Series arrays such as:
|EqualLogic Host Integration Tools|
This family of host-based software provides tight integration between the EqualLogic array and the host. Dell provides host integration tools for Microsoft®, VMware® and Linux® environments, providing customers with the following benefits:
|EqualLogic SAN Headquarters|
Dell EqualLogic SAN Headquarters (SAN HQ) is a centralized monitoring and reporting tool that gathers and provides in-depth information on performance, capacity and alerts across multiple groups of EqualLogic PS arrays, helping improve performance and effective allocation of group resources.
With Dell SupportAssist functionality, SAN HQ 3.0 can automatically create support cases based on system faults, and it allows you to view your open Dell Support cases for EqualLogic arrays monitored by SupportAssist.
|Learn more about EqualLogic software|
Find out how Dell EqualLogic software can help you design, manage and optimize your storage solution.
Dell ServicesDell believes that a well-planned and maintained storage infrastructure can support growing data requirements without the corresponding increase in cost and complexity. Intelligent data management allows organizations to optimize the value of their storage investment with a better use of resources. Dell Data Management Services can help customers design, implement, manage and maintain storage infrastructures that satisfy data availability, retention and recovery requirements.
Dell™ ProSupport™ —True enterprise-class support for complex environment with complex. More than 80 percent of IT budgets go to infrastructure maintenance costs, leaving little room for innovation. With the right support solution from Dell, you can focus on your core business.
ProSupport Enterprise Suite
|ProSupport||Dell ProSupport Plus|
Designed for customers who want premium hardware and software support
Designed for critical systems in a customer’s environment.
|Dell Enterprise Deployment|
Dell provides a comprehensive set of flexible remote and on-site deployment services for PowerEdge™ and PowerEdge SC servers, as well as PowerVault™ and Dell EqualLogic storage products to optimize deployment and get your system up and running quickly. We deploy better than anyone else with our:
- Expert deployment engineers with deep product knowledge
- Proven processes based on best practices and comprehensive tools and software
- On demand global deployment resources and capabilities
- Get world class enterprise deployment services beginning with a single point of project manager to evaluate, plan, configure and integrate your enterprise solutions. Now that your infrastructure is optimally deployed, leverage our data migration experts to design a robust plan and migrate your data.
Decrease downtime, improve utilization and ensure business continuity with storage training from Dell Education Services. Choose from courses designed to introduce Dell EqualLogic storage and prepare you for more advanced topics to courses that dive into the advanced features included in the storage solution and how to apply best practices.
More information can be found here.