3U chassis with shared infrastructure for up to 12 microservers
Maximize data center floor space with the 3U PowerEdge™ C5000 chassis. Shared infrastructure for up to 12 PowerEdge™ C microservers enhances server density and helps lower power and cooling costs.
- Maximized density. Slide up to 12 independent server nodes into a 3U chassis.
- Shared infrastructure. Help reduce cooling costs and increase power efficiency with shared fans and power supplies.
- Simplified serviceability. Maximize uptime with hot-swappable server nodes and power supplies, with cold-aisle access to all servers.
Density done right
PowerEdge C5000 chassis advantage
Enjoy the benefits of highly effective cooling, efficient power supplies and easy servicing in addition to the tremendous server-density advantages.
Hot-swap power supplies
PowerEdge C microserversThe C5000 chassis is specifically designed to house PowerEdge™ C microservers (up to 12), enabling you to take advantage of Dell™ microserver technology. Mounted on small sleds, the hot-swappable servers slide vertically into the front of the chassis.
- PowerEdge™ C5220: Powered by an Intel® Xeon™ processor with up to 32GB of memory, the high-density, feature-rich C5220 microservers can be mounted in the C5000 chassis. It's an ideal solution for dedicated and virtual hosting, Web 2.0 or content delivery network (CDN) applications.
- PowerEdge™ C5125: Powered by the AMD Phenom™ II or Athlon™ II processor with up to 16GB of memory, the highly serviceable, hyper-efficient C5125 microservers can be mounted in the C5000 chassis. It's an ideal solution where enhanced performance per watt per dollar is required in dedicated hosting and Web 2.0 applications.
Global services and supportHelp boost revenue per square foot in your data center by adding workload capacity and enhancing overall power savings and system functionality — without increasing floor space. With the help of Dell global services and support, you can start accelerating your IT initiatives and work toward growing your business right away.
Our broad portfolio of planning, implementation and maintenance services for PowerEdge C microservers and chassis can be tailored to complement your current management capabilities. Your options include infrastructure consulting services to help you optimize your data center and customize rack integration.
Dell is dedicated to simplifying IT, and Dell™ Services can help you manage the complexities of growing and maintaining your hyperscale, high-performance and cloud computing data center environments. Dell’s broad portfolio of planning, implementation and support services can help accelerate your IT initiatives, so you can grow your business.
PowerEdge™ C Services are tailored to complement how you manage your data center. Options include:
- Infrastructure Consulting Services — helping you optimize your data center.
- Custom Rack Integration Services — helping to quickly add to your compute capacity.
- Support Services — helping to ensure your data center stays running at the highest efficiency.
- Expert-level Tech Support — providing fast and comprehensive troubleshooting and dispatch.
Whatever the situation, Dell can help you break through complexity by providing services and solutions to meet your exact data center needs.
Infrastructure Consulting Services
Dell's global infrastructure consulting services utilize skilled solution architects, innovative tools, automated analysis and our own intellectual property to give you rapid insight into the root causes of unnecessary complexity. We seek better answers than traditional service models, based on our belief that solving problems should not need armies of people. Our strategy is to help customers quickly identify high-impact, short-duration projects that deliver ROI and free up resources to obtain competitive advantage. The result is practical, action-oriented plans with specific, predictable, measurable outcomes.
Available Dell consulting services for the PowerEdge C server line include:
- DC Planning and Management
- Cloud Consulting
- High-Performance and Cloud Computing Strategy
- IT Strategy and Planning
- Facilities Efficiency
- Server Virtualization and Platform Optimization
- Data Management
- Supply Chain
Dell configuration and deployment services don't follow the traditional one-size-fits-all approach. They're modular, so you get to choose what you need for your business. Through features such as flexible deployment options, configuration services and recycling services, we've got what you need, when you need it.
Our factory, remote and on-site installation services make efficient use of time by speeding up activities such as configuration and deployment, allowing you to focus more on improving your business.
Dell’s recycling service helps you dispose of computer equipment and materials in a manner that follows EPA guidelines, and keeps your data center environment clean.
Suggested Dell configuration and deployment services for the PowerEdge C server line include:
- Hardware Configuration Services
- Custom BIOS Setting
- Rack Design Validation
- Rack Integration and Deployment
- On-site Installation
- Asset Recovery
Dell support services are a comprehensive, configurable suite of service solutions designed to simplify and optimize your data center environment. Data center support services address everyday and unique IT challenges through options that maximize system uptime and are backed by global command centers and expert centers around the world.
Suggested Dell support services for the PowerEdge C server line include:
- Basic Support (Next Business Day)
- ProSupport™ for IT (Next Business Day or Same Day)
- IT Advisory Services
- Multivendor Hardware Support
- On-site Parts
- Dell Online Self Dispatch
- Keep Your Hard Drive
- Specialized On-site Services
- Remote Advisory Services for Virtualization
Optimized for performance and efficiencyDell PowerEdge™ C servers are available with certified software from Dell partners to create optimized, fully-supported solutions that include hardware, software, service and support. These offerings include powerful solutions for data analytics, business intelligence and cloud computing.
Dell | Aster Data Analytics Solution
Together, Aster Data and Dell deliver large-scale data warehousing and advanced analytics so you have all the information you need to make the best possible decisions. The combination of Aster Data software, Dell hardware, and joint services and support from the two companies yields a powerful solution for big data analytics.
The Dell Cloud Solution for Web Applications
Take the guesswork out of building and running efficient public and private clouds with a turnkey cloud solution. The Dell Cloud Solution for Web Applications brings together optimized Dell hardware, Joyent software and joint services, so you can easily and quickly deploy and manage an elastic, on-demand cloud infrastructure with confidence, with as little or as much outside support as you want along the way.
The Dell | Canonical Cloud Solution
Dell and Canonical offer a powerful open source Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) cloud that leverages Ubuntu Enterprise Cloud, Standard Edition, powered by Eucalyptus on Dell PowerEdge C servers with joint service and support. It’s easy to use, compatible with other systems and software and as secure as they come.