Highly efficient microserver in a shared-infrastructure chassis
Enhance your hosting, content delivery network (CDN) or Web 2.0 performance, cooling and efficiency with up to 12 high-density, feature-rich PowerEdge C5220 microservers in a PowerEdge C5000 shared-infrastructure chassis.
- Cost cutting and space saving. Up to12 independent server nodes share chassis, fans and power supplies to help reduce data center floor space.
- Simplified serviceability. Server nodes and power supplies are hot-swappable, and all servers are cold-aisle accessible.
- Same-day support. Why wait? Choose the option of a 4-hour service support response time to help reduce down time.
Put your microserver to workEach independent PowerEdge™ C5220 hot-plug server is mounted on a small sled that slides vertically into the 3U PowerEdge™ C5000 chassis. The compact system is ideal for:
- Hosting: Help maximize your productivity per square foot with high server-node density and a shared infrastructure that enables efficient cooling and cabling for cloud system infrastructure and dedicated, virtualized, shared, root-access or SQL hosting.
- Web 2.0: Fill your need for a web file, front-end, fast-loading web content server.
Cut, save and simplify
Take advantage of the PowerEdge™ C5220 microserver design to help build a cost-effective data center that doesn't sacrifice performance. Shared fans and components help provide greater performance per watt than traditional 1U servers.
Inside the PowerEdge C5220You can see that the PowerEdge™ C5220 microserver and C5000 chassis are designed for efficiency. The 3U chassis features an optimized shared infrastructure designed to support up to 12 compact Intel®-powered microservers that are inserted on vertically mounted sleds. Each has a rich feature set that helps you get the job done while helping cut costs, save space and simplify serviceability.
Intel® Xeon® E3-1200 or E3-1200v2 processor with 2 or 4 cores supports up to 65 W thermal design power (TDP) for the 12-sled microserver and up to 95 W TDP for the 8-sled version.
- Memory options
Four DIMM slots for up to 32GB DDR3 ECC UDIMM (1333 MT/s or 1600 MT/s), two DIMMs per channel
- Drive options
- 2.5" SATA/SAS (max 4 per server)
- 3.5" SATA/SAS (max 2 per server)
- Mezzanine options
8-sled version only:
- LSI® 2008 SAS
- Intel® dual port 1GbE
- Intel® dual port 10GbE NIC
Dell is dedicated to simplifying IT, and Dell™ Services can help you manage the complexities of growing and maintaining your hyperscale, high-performance and cloud computing data center environments. Dell’s broad portfolio of planning, implementation and support services can help accelerate your IT initiatives, so you can grow your business.
PowerEdge™ C Services are tailored to complement how you manage your data center. Options include:
- Infrastructure Consulting Services — helping you optimize your data center.
- Custom Rack Integration Services — helping to quickly add to your compute capacity.
- Support Services — helping to ensure your data center stays running at the highest efficiency.
- Expert-level Tech Support — providing fast and comprehensive troubleshooting and dispatch.
Whatever the situation, Dell can help you break through complexity by providing services and solutions to meet your exact data center needs.
Infrastructure Consulting Services
Dell's global infrastructure consulting services utilize skilled solution architects, innovative tools, automated analysis and our own intellectual property to give you rapid insight into the root causes of unnecessary complexity. We seek better answers than traditional service models, based on our belief that solving problems should not need armies of people. Our strategy is to help customers quickly identify high-impact, short-duration projects that deliver ROI and free up resources to obtain competitive advantage. The result is practical, action-oriented plans with specific, predictable, measurable outcomes.
Available Dell consulting services for the PowerEdge C server line include:
- DC Planning and Management
- Cloud Consulting
- High-Performance and Cloud Computing Strategy
- IT Strategy and Planning
- Facilities Efficiency
- Server Virtualization and Platform Optimization
- Data Management
- Supply Chain
Dell configuration and deployment services don't follow the traditional one-size-fits-all approach. They're modular, so you get to choose what you need for your business. Through features such as flexible deployment options, configuration services and recycling services, we've got what you need, when you need it.
Our factory, remote and on-site installation services make efficient use of time by speeding up activities such as configuration and deployment, allowing you to focus more on improving your business.
Dell’s recycling service helps you dispose of computer equipment and materials in a manner that follows EPA guidelines, and keeps your data center environment clean.
Suggested Dell configuration and deployment services for the PowerEdge C server line include:
- Hardware Configuration Services
- Custom BIOS Setting
- Rack Design Validation
- Rack Integration and Deployment
- On-site Installation
- Asset Recovery
Dell support services are a comprehensive, configurable suite of service solutions designed to simplify and optimize your data center environment. Data center support services address everyday and unique IT challenges through options that maximize system uptime and are backed by global command centers and expert centers around the world.
Suggested Dell support services for the PowerEdge C server line include:
- Basic Support (Next Business Day)
- ProSupport™ for IT (Next Business Day or Same Day)
- IT Advisory Services
- Multivendor Hardware Support
- On-site Parts
- Dell Online Self Dispatch
- Keep Your Hard Drive
- Specialized On-site Services
- Remote Advisory Services for Virtualization
Dell™ PowerEdge C servers are available with certified software from Dell partners to create optimized, fully-supported solutions that include hardware, software, service and support. These offerings include powerful solutions for new big data and cloud computing instances.
Dell Apache Hadoop Solution
Leverage Hadoop to process massive application datasets. The Dell | Cloudera® solution combines Dell servers, Crowbar software framework and networking components with Cloudera’s Distribution, including Apache Hadoop (CDH) as well as management tools, training, technology support and professional services. This Dell Apache Hadoop Solution gives you a one-stop shop for deploying, managing and scaling a Hadoop cluster.
The Dell OpenStack-Powered Cloud Solution
Stand up an OpenStack cloud in hours instead of days. This massively scalable open source Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) cloud solution leverages OpenStack™ cloud software on Dell PowerEdge C servers and switches, Crowbar software framework, Dell OpenStack expertise, service and support. It’s open, compatible with other systems and gives you the freedom to build the cloud of your dreams.
The Dell Cloud Solution for Web Applications
Take the guesswork out of building and running efficient public and private clouds with a turnkey cloud solution. The Dell Cloud Solution for Web Applications brings together optimized Dell hardware, Joyent software and joint services, so you can easily and quickly deploy and manage an elastic, on-demand cloud infrastructure with confidence, with as little or as much outside support as you want along the way.
Dell Solution Services
Whether you need help with strategy and deployment, require IT or business consulting, or want to explore managed services that take the load off your IT staff, turn to Dell services for expert advice and world-class support for your data center environment.