Processor-dense, cost-effective blade server with outstanding bandwidth
Help increase your data center efficiency, performance and flexibility with the PowerEdge™ M915 full-height blade server, with AMD processing, maximized bandwidth and enterprise-class manageability.
- Outstanding processor performance and value: Achieve tremendous computational horsepower with up to 64 cores of AMD processors and 32 DIMMs of DDR3 memory.
- Maximized bandwidth and flexibility: 10GbE networking options with all six I/O cards provide up to 12 ports of high-speed bandwidth delivery for maximized throughput.
- Enterprise-class manageability: Intuitive chassis management enables time-saving one-to-many functionality for dense server deployments.
Maximum workload performance
Powerhouse computingEnhance your data center performance with the PowerEdge M915 blade server. Up to 64 processor cores per blade give you the power to:
- Quickly and confidently execute your mission-critical business applications
- Run robust virtual machines (VMs) to help reap all the benefits of consolidation
- Help increase database performance by running more tasks simultaneously
Boost business performanceConsolidate your data center with powerful AMD technology that is designed to:
- Deliver 64-processor cores for optimal 4S performance with 2S value and provide the essential features needed to operate your consolidated infrastructure efficiently
- Allow you to monitor power and thermals at the processor level to assist with platform efficiency
Throughput, throughput, throughputUnleash the potential of your consolidated VMs with more I/O throughput.
- Maximizing both 10GbE and 1GbE port counts provides your virtualized applications with the dedicated bandwidth they need in input/output (I/O)-intensive environments.
- Enabling a choice of fabric and vendor can enhance your flexibility to adopt and deploy networks at your own pace.
- Up to six dual-port 10GbE network cards can bring the total aggregate throughput into a single server to an amazing 120 Gbps.
Enterprise-class manageability and efficiency
Spend more time creating business value and less time planning, deploying and managing IT. You can also cut your power and cooling costs without forfeiting any performance.
Industry-leading power and cooling
|The Dell OpenManage systems management portfolio, including Dell PowerEdge server embedded management feature integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC) with Lifecycle Controller, helps IT Administrators efficiently manage Dell servers in physical, virtual, local and remote environments, operating in band or out of band, with or without a systems management software agent. Irrespective of the operating system or hypervisor you deploy, iDRAC with Lifecycle Controller automates the most essential and frequently performed server management tasks to help your IT resources become more productive and your IT environment more cost-effective and well-maintained. Dell OpenManage also integrates and connects to leading third-party systems management solutions you may already own, so you can maintain your single point of control and capitalize on your existing investment.|
Solutions and Systems Management
|With Dell Compellent, Dell EqualLogic and Dell PowerVault, we have created a comprehensive and innovative portfolio of storage products, all of which are easy to deploy, manage and grow. Whether you use network attached storage (NAS), direct attached storage (DAS), internet SCSI (iSCSI) or Fibre Channel (FC), Dell has a product that can meet your business needs and reduce the cost and complexity of storage.|
|The Value of Dell Storage: |
Dell’s open, standards-based solutions let customers of all sizes integrate new technologies without sacrificing performance or their existing IT investments.
|Direct-Attached Storage: |
The Dell PowerVault MD storage family offers easy and economical expansion for Dell PowerEdge servers enabling high availability and scalability for demanding business applications.
|Disk-to-Disk Backup |
Due to expanding volumes of data that must be backed up and protected along with shrinking backup windows, many IT departments have moved to or added disk-based backups.
|Network-Attached Storage |
NAS is a specialized storage server with its own IP address that is made available to multiple clients and servers on a local area network (LAN) or wide area network (WAN).
|Object-Based Storage |
The Dell DX Object Storage Platform is designed to intelligently access, store, protect and distribute fixed digital content.
|Storage Area Network |
A storage area network (SAN) is a network of shared storage devices, such as disk storage arrays and tape automation
|Tape Backup |
Considered the first and last line of defense against data loss, tape and removable disks can be used for long-term data storage and backup.
|Unified Storage |
Unified Storage is a term that describes the ability to manage both file- and block-level data.