Versatile value in a compact 1U chassis
The two-socket 1U Dell™ PowerEdge™ R415 server with optional enterprise-class features provides a cost-efficient balance of processing power and value for IT infrastructure, file/print, Web application, email, small virtualization deployments and entry-level high-performance computing (HPC).
- AMD Opteron™ processors with up to 16 processor cores
- Compact chassis design for flexible deployment in various environments
- Optional advanced systems management capability with the integrated Lifecycle Controller
Business value built in
Efficient from the inside outWe've designed the PowerEdge™ R415 to provide you with a number of time- and energy-saving features.
- Energy Smart technologies — including low-wattage processors, low-voltage dual in-line memory modules (DIMMs) and high-efficiency fans that adjust spin rates according to server workload demands — help you manage power in your specific environment.
- Internal server shrouding and logical component layouts optimize the airflow direction to help cool the server.
- Energy-efficient power supplies use power effectively without compromising business productivity.
- All external ports, power supplies, and LED lights or LCD screens are located in the same area across the PowerEdge™ portfolio to ease usability, installation and administration.
- Compact chassis design helps you utilize space efficiently in your environment.
Easy to manageAs an IT professional, you don't have extra time to spend on routine management and maintenance tasks. That's why the Dell™ systems management portfolio focuses on two core principles to make your life easier: simplicity and cost-effectiveness.
- Lifecycle Controller — integrated on the server, the optional Lifecycle Controller helps administrators perform provisioning functions, such as diagnostics, hardware configuration and system deployment in a pre-OS environment — all from a single interface called the Unified Server Configurator (USC). This helps eliminate excess CD/DVD media and helps get your server up and running fast.
- Dell™ Management Console — enjoy a consolidated view of your IT infrastructure through the Dell™ Management Console, part of the Dell™ OpenManage™ portfolio and included with every Dell™ server.
- Optional interactive LCD screen — the PowerEdge™ R415 features an optional interactive LCD screen at the front of the server to ease setup, monitoring and maintenance. Plain-language diagnosis and a programmable messaging system can help you address issues quickly to simplify day-to-day monitoring.
- Automated updates — to help ensure your systems stay running at their best, automatic update notifications from Support.Dell.com provide you the latest updates for firmware, drivers and BIOS.
Dell Enterprise Deployment Services
Our end-to-end deployment services ensure your Dell PowerEdge installation, configuration and implementation is completed accurately and quickly—anytime, anywhere—with proven processes based on best practices acquired from thousands of deployments by our highly skilled experts.
Dell ProSupport offers a suite of support services that enable you to choose support models based on how you use technology and where you want to allocate resources. We recommend Dell ProSupport Plus with SupportAssist for mission-critical systems or Dell ProSupport for premium hardware and software support for your PowerEdge solution. For hyper-scale data centers, we also offer ProSupport Flex for Data Center. Contact your Dell representative today for more information*.
Dell Training Services
Dell Education Services offers PowerEdge Server training courses designed to help you achieve more with your hardware investment. The curriculum is designed in conjunction with the server development team, as well as Dell’s technical support team, to ensure that the training delivers the information and practical, hands-on skills you and your team need to confidently deploy, manage and maintain your Dell Server solution. To learn more or register for a class today, click here.
|The Dell OpenManage systems management portfolio, including Dell PowerEdge server embedded management feature integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC) with Lifecycle Controller, helps IT Administrators efficiently manage Dell servers in physical, virtual, local and remote environments, operating in band or out of band, with or without a systems management software agent. Irrespective of the operating system or hypervisor you deploy, iDRAC with Lifecycle Controller automates the most essential and frequently performed server management tasks to help your IT resources become more productive and your IT environment more cost-effective and well-maintained. Dell OpenManage also integrates and connects to leading third-party systems management solutions you may already own, so you can maintain your single point of control and capitalize on your existing investment.|
Solutions and Systems Management
|With Dell Compellent, Dell EqualLogic and Dell PowerVault, we have created a comprehensive and innovative portfolio of storage products, all of which are easy to deploy, manage and grow. Whether you use network attached storage (NAS), direct attached storage (DAS), internet SCSI (iSCSI) or Fibre Channel (FC), Dell has a product that can meet your business needs and reduce the cost and complexity of storage.|
|The Value of Dell Storage: |
Dell’s open, standards-based solutions let customers of all sizes integrate new technologies without sacrificing performance or their existing IT investments.
|Direct-Attached Storage: |
The Dell PowerVault MD storage family offers easy and economical expansion for Dell PowerEdge servers enabling high availability and scalability for demanding business applications.
|Disk-to-Disk Backup |
Due to expanding volumes of data that must be backed up and protected along with shrinking backup windows, many IT departments have moved to or added disk-based backups.
|Network-Attached Storage |
NAS is a specialized storage server with its own IP address that is made available to multiple clients and servers on a local area network (LAN) or wide area network (WAN).
|Object-Based Storage |
The Dell DX Object Storage Platform is designed to intelligently access, store, protect and distribute fixed digital content.
|Storage Area Network |
A storage area network (SAN) is a network of shared storage devices, such as disk storage arrays and tape automation
|Tape Backup |
Considered the first and last line of defense against data loss, tape and removable disks can be used for long-term data storage and backup.
|Unified Storage |
Unified Storage is a term that describes the ability to manage both file- and block-level data.