Multi-purpose, high-capacity value rack server
The Dell™ PowerEdge™ R510 is a 2-Socket 2U rack server featuring advanced management capabilities, cost-effective RAID options, and an excellent balance of internal storage, redundancy and value in a compact chassis.
- Excellent internal storage capacity with up to 12 hard drives
- Choice of chassis configuration with 4, 8 or 12 hard drive options
- Advanced systems management availability available with Lifecycle Controller
- Compact 26” chassis depth: Ideal for space-constrained environments
Right Sized, Flexible Technology and Business Value
The R510 can serve the needs of small and medium businesses or corporate environments by providing an excellent platform for core business applications such as Microsoft® SQL Server® and Microsoft® Exchange.
- Advanced systems management capabilities
- Short and dense 24" chassis
- High availability and redundancy features
- Cost-effective RAID option
- Large amounts of internal storage capacity
Purposeful DesignThe PowerEdge™ R510 follows the 11th Generation PowerEdge portfolio behavioral specifications, and features the same system design commonality and reliability true to the entire portfolio. All 11th Generation servers are built with user ease in mind.
Energy Optimised Technology
Simplified Systems Management
The Lifecycle Controller is the engine for advanced embedded management that is delivered as part of the optional iDRAC Express or iDRAC Enterprise in the PowerEdge R510. The Lifecycle Controller helps to deliver faster server deployment and update capabilities from a bare-metal pre-operating system (OS) environment.
- The Lifecycle Controller is a chip that is integrated on the server. It helps to simplify administrator tasks by performing a complete set of provisioning functions such as system deployment, system updates, hardware configuration and diagnostics from a single intuitive interface called Unified Server Configurator (USC) in a pre-OS environment. This eliminates the need to use and maintain multiple pieces of disparate CD/DVD media.
- Also part of Dell's systems management portfolio is the Dell Management Console, part of Open Manage™ , which is included with every Dell server and provides IT managers with a single console view of their entire IT infrastructure.
With Dell Compellent™, Dell EqualLogic™, Dell PowerVault™, and Dell/EMC, we have created a comprehensive and innovative portfolio of storage products, all of which are easy to deploy, manage and grow. Whether you use network attached storage (NAS), direct attached storage (DAS), Internet SCSI (iSCSI) or Fibre Channel (FC), Dell has a product that can meet your business needs and reduce the cost and complexity of storage.
The Value of Dell Storage:
Storage Area Network
Dell ProConsult global infrastructure consulting services utilise skilled solution architects, innovative tools, automated analysis and our own intellectual property to give customers rapid insight into the root causes of unnecessary complexity. We seek better answers than traditional service models, based on our belief that solving problems should not need armies of people. Our strategy is to help customers quickly identify high-impact, short-duration projects that deliver ROI and free up resources to obtain competitive advantage. The result is practical, action-oriented plans with specific, predictable, measurable outcomes. From Data Center Optimisation to Server Virtualisation to Systems Management, our consulting services help you build a more efficient enterprise.
Dell ProManage is a modular set of lifecycle services designed to help customers automate and centrally configure, deploy, and manage their day-to-day data center operations. These services extend a customer’s existing on-premise IT infrastructure with off-premise cloud services designed to better address challenges with mobility, highly distributed organisations, security, compliance, business continuity and disaster preparedness.
Deploy: Our factory, remote and onsite installation services for servers make efficient use of your employees' time by helping to speed up activities like configuration, customisation and deployment, enabling delivery of systems that are ready to work right out of the box.
Operate: Dell can help optimise your data center operations, including storage, backup and virtual environments by focusing on remote monitoring, reporting and alerts, along with full remote management for storage and backup environments, freeing up IT resources.
Protect: Dell Data Center Backup Management services are available to assist you with reporting to help refine SLA requirements, to provide monitoring to improve process efficiency or for the full management of your backup environment.
Recovery and Recycling: Dell Asset Recovery and Recycling Services help you recover and dispose of owned or leased computer equipment, in a manner that follows EPA guidelines.
Dell ProSupport is a suite of support services that enable you to build the solution that’s right for your organisation. Choose support models based on how you use technology and where you want to allocate resources. From the desktop to the datacenter, address everyday IT challenges such as unplanned downtime, mission critical needs, data and asset protection, support planning, resource allocation, software application management and more. Optimise your IT resources by prescribing the right support model.
Dell Management Plug-in for VMware® vCenter™
What if you could manage your physical infrastructure from your virtual console?
What if you could rapidly and consistently provision hardware and deploy virtual machines from within VMware vCenter?
What if you could reduce the number of steps needed to deploy virtual infrastructure?
With the Dell Management Plug-in for VMware vCenter installed in your VMware environment, you can:
• Get deep-level detail from Dell servers for inventory, monitoring and alerting — all from within vCenter
• Deploy BIOS and firmware updates to Dell servers from within vCenter
• Build hardware and hypervisor profiles and deploy any combination of the two on bare-metal Dell PowerEdge servers without a Preboot Execution Environment (PXE)
• Automatically perform Dell-recommended vCenter actions based on Dell hardware alerts
• Access Dell hardware warranty information online
And, to give you even more power, we deliver our plug-in as a virtual appliance. That makes it easier to deploy and configure and offers integration directly into the vCenter console, providing more information inside of vCenter itself — unlike many other vendors who provide only "link-and-launch" capabilities to point to their own proprietary consoles.
The combination of the Dell Management Plug-in for VMware vCenter and the revolutionary embedded management features offered by Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC) with Lifecycle Controller in Dell PowerEdge servers gives you an unmatched level of integration between vCenter and your server hardware.