Value and performance in a four-socket, 2U rack server
Ideal for virtualization, medium databases, high-performance computing (HPC) and other highly threaded applications, the Dell™ PowerEdge™ R815 is a four-socket, 2U rack server that offers an excellent balance of processor density, redundancy and value in a space-saving form factor.
- Ability to scale up to 64 processor cores with AMD Opteron™ 6200 and 6300 series processors
- Four-socket performance in a space-saving 2U form factor
- Advanced systems-management capability with Lifecycle Controller
Purpose-Built for Reliability
Server Reliability: A Long-Term Goal
Dell customers have told us they need a server manufacturer that inspires confidence through its reliability, availability and quality of products. By listening to and focusing on what our customers want, we’ve set a simple reliability goal: Deliver quality products that stand the test of time.
To help meet this goal, Dell is dedicated to improving reliability processes by:
- Employing robust validation and testing processes for durable product design
- Verifying that each supplier meets Dell’s stringent quality standards
- Utilizing robust, durable industrial materials to enable long product lifecycles
- Introducing a Unified Server Configurator (USC), which helps to minimize downtime by offering embedded and persistent diagnostics with no media required
- Improving redundancy generation over generation with features such as dual internal SD modules that provide failover at the hypervisor level
- Implementing a "one-touch" quality-control process designed to ensure that one person is responsible for the entire server build
- Ensuring that every fully configured Dell server is tested—and retested—before it leaves the factory
Intelligent, Connected Systems Management
Along with its adherence to open standards, Dell’s systems-management portfolio focuses on simplicity, efficiency, cost containment and cost reduction. Additionally, we’ve integrated our management solutions with third-party offerings to provide your organization with a holistic focus across the solutions stack.
- Purpose-built to provide a reliable foundation, and balanced with next-generation AMD processors, advanced memory capacity and energy-efficient technologies, the Dell™ PowerEdge™ R815 offers an ideal combination of value and performance.
- Featuring AMD Opteron™ processor technology, the PowerEdge R815 is designed to handle demanding workloads with outstanding speed, stability, efficiency and bottom-line value. The PowerEdge R815 offers an ideal solution for virtualization, medium to large databases, email, high-performance computing (HPC) environments and other highly threaded applications.
- Dell aims to bring value to your business by including the features you need for your specific IT environment. Our goal is to deliver outstanding performance and value through tailored, intelligent platforms based on industry standards and purposeful, innovative design.
Along with rising energy costs, limitations on space, power and cooling capacity present enormous challenges for IT. PowerEdge servers drive energy efficiency as a design standard while delivering the performance you need to meet cost and environmental goals. Our energy-efficient system design, built with Energy Smart technologies, can help to manage power in your specific environment.
Dell Enterprise Deployment Services
Our end-to-end deployment services ensure your Dell PowerEdge installation, configuration and implementation is completed accurately and quickly—anytime, anywhere—with proven processes based on best practices acquired from thousands of deployments by our highly skilled experts.
Dell ProSupport offers a suite of support services that enable you to choose support models based on how you use technology and where you want to allocate resources. We recommend Dell ProSupport Plus with SupportAssist for mission-critical systems or Dell ProSupport for premium hardware and software support for your PowerEdge solution. For hyper-scale data centers, we also offer ProSupport Flex for Data Center. Contact your Dell representative today for more information*.
Dell Training Services
Dell Education Services offers PowerEdge Server training courses designed to help you achieve more with your hardware investment. The curriculum is designed in conjunction with the server development team, as well as Dell’s technical support team, to ensure that the training delivers the information and practical, hands-on skills you and your team need to confidently deploy, manage and maintain your Dell Server solution. To learn more or register for a class today, click here.
|The Dell OpenManage systems management portfolio, including Dell PowerEdge server embedded management feature integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC) with Lifecycle Controller, helps IT Administrators efficiently manage Dell servers in physical, virtual, local and remote environments, operating in band or out of band, with or without a systems management software agent. Irrespective of the operating system or hypervisor you deploy, iDRAC with Lifecycle Controller automates the most essential and frequently performed server management tasks to help your IT resources become more productive and your IT environment more cost-effective and well-maintained. Dell OpenManage also integrates and connects to leading third-party systems management solutions you may already own, so you can maintain your single point of control and capitalize on your existing investment.|
Solutions and Systems Management
|With Dell Compellent, Dell EqualLogic and Dell PowerVault, we have created a comprehensive and innovative portfolio of storage products, all of which are easy to deploy, manage and grow. Whether you use network attached storage (NAS), direct attached storage (DAS), internet SCSI (iSCSI) or Fibre Channel (FC), Dell has a product that can meet your business needs and reduce the cost and complexity of storage.|
|The Value of Dell Storage: |
Dell’s open, standards-based solutions let customers of all sizes integrate new technologies without sacrificing performance or their existing IT investments.
|Direct-Attached Storage: |
The Dell PowerVault MD storage family offers easy and economical expansion for Dell PowerEdge servers enabling high availability and scalability for demanding business applications.
|Disk-to-Disk Backup |
Due to expanding volumes of data that must be backed up and protected along with shrinking backup windows, many IT departments have moved to or added disk-based backups.
|Network-Attached Storage |
NAS is a specialized storage server with its own IP address that is made available to multiple clients and servers on a local area network (LAN) or wide area network (WAN).
|Object-Based Storage |
The Dell DX Object Storage Platform is designed to intelligently access, store, protect and distribute fixed digital content.
|Storage Area Network |
A storage area network (SAN) is a network of shared storage devices, such as disk storage arrays and tape automation
|Tape Backup |
Considered the first and last line of defense against data loss, tape and removable disks can be used for long-term data storage and backup.
|Unified Storage |
Unified Storage is a term that describes the ability to manage both file- and block-level data.