High performance, high availability.
Affordable PowerVault MD3 array series designed for maximum performance and capacity.
Technology that delivers high-performance and high-capacity storage
Get affordable enterprise-level capabilitiesPowerVault MD3 SAS arrays come with the following features:
- Improved performance: Get up to 2x performance with the new 12Gb SAS arrays*.
- Controller options: Maximize throughput with 16GB total*.
- Dynamic Disk Pools (DDP): Improved DDP functionality that supports 20 disk pools, and can support up to 120 SSDs.
- Thin provisioning: Allocate and consume physical storage capacity as needed in disk pools.
- SSD Cache: Increase execution speed of applications by caching previously read data (available with High Performance tier only).
- vStorage APIs for Array Integration (VAAI) support: Integrate array commands with VMware in the host environment.
- Try and buy: Determine which premium features suit your environment with a 90-day trial software license for specific software.
Protect your dataKeep your valuable information safe with these additional PowerVault options:
- Remote Replication: Replicate data to any global location that includes mirroring thin provisioned pools.
- Snapshots: Easily recover files after accidental deletion or alteration with point-in-time copies of data.
- Virtual Disk Copy (VDC): Enable quick and seamless virtual disk relocation and disk-based backup and recovery with a full, replicated copy of source data.
- Self-encrypting drives (SEDs): Render data useless to unauthorized users with drive-level encryption, even if the drive has been removed from the enclosure.
- Instant Secure Erase: Permanently and securely remove data when SEDs are repurposed or decommissioned.
Spend less managing your data
The PowerVault MD3 SAS series brings affordability to primary storage and allows you to add capacity and software as needed. This design keeps your storage directly attached to your data infrastructure. It is compatible with Microsoft® Hyper-V®, Citrix® XenServer® and VMware® ESX. In addition, the MD-series storage arrays support vSphere® Storage APIs for Storage Awareness (VASA). Simplify physical and virtual resource management with MD Storage Manager and PowerVault VMware vCenter™ Plug-In 5.0.
Upgrade with the Premium Feature Key bundles that meet your priorities.
Speed recovery with Dynamic Disk Pools.Dynamic Disk Pools protect data by dynamically distributing data across pools of drives. In the event of a drive failure, DDP will identify the critical data and dynamically rebalance the data so the array can return to an optimal state faster than it would in the typical RAID environment. DDP can now support up to 20 disk pools and up to 120 SSDs.
Global services and supportReduce IT complexity, lower costs and eliminate inefficiencies by making IT and business solutions work harder for you. You can count on Dell for end-to-end solutions to maximize your performance and uptime. A proven leader in servers, storage and networking, Dell Enterprise Solutions and Services deliver innovation at any scale. And if you’re looking to preserve cash or increase operational efficiency, Dell Financial Services has a wide range of options to make technology acquisition easy and affordable. Contact your Dell Sales Representative for more information.
MD3400 12Gb SAS arrayThis SAS array provides high-availability and high-capacity when using 12Gb near-line SAS drives with Direct Attach Storage (DAS). In a 2U, 12-drive enclosure, it can support 4GB cache per controller, or 8GB cache per controller with the dual controller configuration.
MD3420 12Gb SAS arrayThe PowerVault MD3 SAS series has been designed with the entry-level to medium business customer in mind. It uses 12Gb near-line SAS drives and DAS with single or dual active/active controllers in a 2U, 24-drive enclosure. It can support 4GB cache per controller, or 8GB cache per controller with the dual controller configuration.
MD3460 12Gb SAS arrayThe MD3 dense SAS array has a 4U form factor that supports more drives than ever before within the MD3 product line, allowing you to save space, power and cooling while maintaining its ease-of-management. It uses 12Gb near-line SAS drives and DAS with dual active/active controllers, with a 60-drive capacity per enclosure. It can support 4GB or 8GB cache per controller.
MD3060e expansion enclosureA 60-drive expansion enclosure specifically designed for the MD3 dense array series, the MD3060e* dense enclosure is an eBOD (expansion bunch of disks), which operate in the same fashion as a JBOD (just a bunch of disks). There are two enclosure management modules (EMM) that allow for management of the expansion drives via the MD3 Dense Array controllers.