Simple, small-business file storage built on enterprise hardware
Sorry, but this item is no longer available for purchase online. Please contact your sales representative for details on how to order.
If your small business needs to consolidate file storage with enterprise-class security and data recovery, the Dell™ PowerVault™ NX200 offers a simple tower solution that you can set up and manage without dedicated IT support.
- Purpose-built NAS — Network-attached storage (NAS) backed by an enterprise company that supports the storage consolidation requirements of small businesses.
- Preconfigured system — Choose your capacity online and your system is ready to ship.
- Automated installation wizard — Set up and start running quickly.
- High-performance CPU and RAM — Store, find, work and save large files fast.
The performance and protection your business deservesWhen it comes to networked file storage, your small business needs a true business solution — not a repurposed home-network product. With the PowerVault™ NX200, you get the reliability, security and consolidation benefits of an enterprise-class file-storage system — minus the enterprise complexity.
- Share files fast with high-speed Intel® processor, 2 GB of system memory and dual Gigabit network ports.
- Experience high reliability, thanks to enterprise-grade hard drives that support high mean time between failure (MTBF).
- Quickly recover data after an unexpected event or crash using optional Linear Tape-open (LTO) tape or RD1000 backup systems.
- Enjoy the reliability and availability benefits of a specialized RAID controller and high-quality system components.
Do-it-yourself file consolidationYou have better things to do than stress out about your file storage. The PowerVault NX200 is so simple you can order it, set it up and run it yourself. No headaches and no IT necessary.
- The NX200 is preconfigured for easy online ordering. You can have yours on its way to your office in just a few clicks.
- With the automated installation wizard, you can have your NX200 out of the box and up and running before your first meeting of the day.
- Proven, familiar software helps you quickly master system configuration and management tasks. Windows® Storage Server 2008 is a premier OS for small-business storage consolidation with unparalleled support. If you can use Windows, you can configure your Windows-powered NX200.
- Microsoft® Windows® Storage Server 2008 (Basic Edition)
File Access Protocols
- Form Factor
Number of Processors
Dual-core Intel® Celeron® G1101
- Internal Storage:
Capacity Options 1TB, 2TB, 4TB* or 8TB
Maximum Internal Storage:
Hot-Swap HD options:
Four 3.5" SATA drives
External HBAs (non-RAID):
- On-board Dual Gigabit LOM (Broadcom 5716 dual-port Gigabit Ethernet without TOE enabled)
- BMC, IPMI2.0 compliant
Dell OpenManage featuring Dell Management Console
Unified Server Configurator
LifeCycle Controller enabled via optional: iDRAC6 Express
Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP)
Data Protection Features
- RAID 5
Hot-swap hard drives
Windows VSS (Volume Snapshot Service)
440 x 218 x 521 (mm) (w/ bezel, w/ tower foot)
17.3" H x 8.6" W x 20.5" D (in)
AC Power/Max Current
- Single cabled power supply (375W)
Dell ProSupport— Designed to address the technology challenges you face today.
Dell™ ProSupport™ starts with the Dell ProSupport for IT service model designed for IT professionals like you. Dell ProSupport for IT provides:
- 7x24 Direct access to Dell Expert Centers
- Fast-track dispatch for Dell-certified technicians
- Escalation management through Dell’s Global Command Centers
Next, Dell ProSupport options align to the way you use technology — rapidly responding to your needs, protecting your investment, your productivity and your sensitive data, and providing enhanced proactive support services to help reduce the risk and complexity of managing your infrastructure.
|SPEED OF RESPONSE||PROTECTION||PREMIUM PROACTIVE|
|Mission Critical* — Perfect for server and storage environments where avoiding unplanned downtime and reducing recovery time through priority response are a must. The package includes priority 4-hour on-site* service or optional 2-hour response with 6-hour hardware repair, Dell’s proven Critical Situation process, and emergency dispatch.||Data Management and Protection|| Enterprise-Wide Contract — Provides enhanced proactive capabilities through:|
Remote Advisory Options — Provides telephone and Internet access to technical expertise for specialized applications and solutions such as Microsoft Exchange, Virtualization, and more.
Storage Consulting from Dell offers a comprehensive suite of assessment, design and implementation services to help customers get the most from their DELL/EMC CX series product, covering data management, application performance, data protection and cost of ownership. Dell Consultants can provide practical action-oriented plans, to deliver specific, predictable and measured outcomes through high-impact, short-duration projects.
- Dell/EMC SAN Solution Design (standard and custom). This is the provision of a Fiber Channel/iSCSI SAN solution design, incorporating array, Storage Area Network and integration of key applications. Key deliverables include a design document and an implementation guide mapping customer requirements to the most appropriate architecture and technical solution.
- Dell/EMC Local Data Protection Design (Add on to SAN Solution Design). This is the provision of design services for data protection within the same SAN utilizing EMC software snapshot capability.
- Dell/EMC Remote Data Protection Design (Add on to SAN Solution Design) This is the provision of design for data protection across one or more SAN, utilizing EMC software replication capabilities.
- Dell/EMC Backup Integration Design (Add on to SAN Solution Design). This is the provision of design to integrate backup software such as Symantec® , Commvault® and Legato® with EMC software snapshot or replicas capability.
|Customization and Setup|
Enhanced installation and configuration with Dell professional project management and documentation. A project manager will be acting as the single point of contact for the entire installation project from presite audit to co-ordination of the installation and delivery of post-project documentation.
Get the skills you need to keep pace in today's competitive IT environment with comprehensive training and certification courses. Dell offers a vast array of instructor-led classes and online training courses in a range of topics from server maintenance to in-depth technical overview of specific systems.