Make a stylish impression
Whether you're streaming blockbusters or setting a new high score, Intel® Core® processors enhance your experience. Upgrade to 4th Gen Intel® Core™ processors for long battery life and stunning graphics and get the most from your favorite Windows 8 apps and games.
At about 1" thin, Inspiron 15R slips easily into a travel bag when you need to take your work with you. No wonder it’s our most popular size.
Style for miles
Brushed-aluminum finish and rounded — you’ll feel more sophisticated just looking at it.
Windows 8 was designed especially for touch — the fluid new interface gives you the look and feel of a tablet, but with the powerful capabilities of a PC. Swipe and tap through your morning news. Zoom in and out of images using gesture. Anything you do on the Inspiron 15R feels more fun when you add the optional 15.6" touch screen.
Sit back and enjoy the show
- 15.6" display: Photos, videos, movies and other images pop on a 1366 x 1378 display in 720p.
- Waves MaxxAudio® 4.0: From crisp highs to warm lows, MaxxAudio® 4.0 gives you total control over your Inspiron 14R’s frequency response.
- Optical drive: Pop a movie in the tray-load optical drive and enjoy movies on the go.
- Graphics options: Enjoy your entertainment the way it was meant to be seen with faster, smoother videos and game experiences. Choose 4th Gen Intel® Core™ processors for the latest UMA technology.
- HDMI 1.4 connection: Complete your home entertainment experience by connecting your Inspiron 14R to an external HDMI-capable TV or monitor via the HDMI 1.4 port.
- Hard drive: Store your valuable data on a massive hard drive.
- Ports: Connecting to your peripherals is simple with two USB 3.0, one USB 2.0, HDMI 1.4, and RJ45 Ethernet ports.
- 8-in-1 media card reader: Enjoy media-format freedom with an 8-in-1 media card reader for outstanding compatibility.
- Spill-resistant keyboard: Accidents happen. Rest easy and work with confidence thanks to a spill-resistant keyboard.
Charge aheadAn optional 65WHr 6-cell battery can help you stay powered up long enough to skip the in-flight movie, polish your presentation and drift off to your favorite music.
Designed for the real world — because that's where life happens.
We want you to love your new PC for years to come. That's why we test every Inspiron laptop for reliability not just in the places where you expect it, but for the open road ahead.
- Turn up the heat: From locker rooms to locked cars, we test Inspiron laptops for survival in harsh short-term heat conditions of up to 65°C/149°F.
- Everything hinges on it: We test Inspiron laptop hinges to ensure they still feel tight, even after opening and closing the lid 20,000 times.
- Keys to success: We test commonly used keys for 10 million keystrokes and touch pad buttons 1 million times with no failure. So go ahead, finish your novel.
- Buttoned up: No matter what you set your power and multimedia buttons to do, we've tested them all to survive up to 40,000 pushes with no problems.
- Twist and turn: Call us excessive, but after twisting every Inspiron laptop's base and lid more than 25,000 times, we can assure you the parts inside are well protected.
- Always a good fit: You'll probably never need to remove and reinstall your Inspiron's battery 750 times, but you can rest easy knowing that we've tested even that.
Expect moreRest easy. Incredible value is standard at Dell. With services and support that stands out, you can always count on getting much more than just a PC.
Free shipping: Count on extra savings with free shipping and easy returns.*
Flexible financing: Get affordable payment options with a Dell Preferred Account.*
Loyalty perks: Join the Dell Advantage program for exclusive benefits.
Expert help: Award-winning service is standard with America’s Best Support.
Complete your Inspiron experience
Your Inspiron laptop is just the start. Look for these great additions when finalizing your purchase.
Your Inspiron laptop comes preloaded with anti-virus and videoconference software to help you stay protected and connected.
We’re here and ready to help. In addition to America’s Best Standard Support (90 days Premium Phone Support and 1 year of In-Home Service After Remote Diagnosis1), Dell offers protection options including Accidental Damage Service2,, LoJack® for Laptops3, McAfee® SecurityCenter and DataSafe Online Backup.
Whether you want accessories for work, travel or play, you’ll find what you need at Dell.com. Pick up an ultraslim Dell monitor, a wireless mouse or an all-in-one printer at checkout to maximize your laptop.
- 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i5-3337U processor (3M Cache, up to 2.7 GHz)
- Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64Bit, English
- 15.6 HD (720p) WLED with Truelife (1366x768)
- 500GB 5400 RPM Hard Drive
- Intel® HD Graphics
- 8X CD / DVD Burner (Dual Layer DVD+/-R Drive)
- Moon Silver
- Intel® Centrino® Wireless 2230, 2x2 bgn + Bluetooth
- No Anti-virus Required
- 6-Cell, 65WHR, Primary Battery
- 90 Days Premium Phone Support + 1 Year In-Home Service after Remote Diagnosis
- 5.12 lbs