Amazingly thin. Incredibly powerful.
At just 0.9" thin, this 14" laptop packs the power of 2nd Gen Intel® Core™ processors into a 13" body and comes with the support of America's Best Protection.
- Intel® HM67
Audio and Speakers
- High Definition Audio +Waves MaxxAudio ®
5.1 Surround sound can be supported via HDMI
- Slot load 8x DVD +/- RW (reads & writes to CD/DVD) (9.5mm)
- 8-Cell Prismatic (58WHr, 2.0AHr)
65 Watt AC adaptor for UMA graphics, 90 Watt AC adaptor for discrete graphics
- 1.3MP HD with dual array digital microphones
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet network standard
Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6230 802.11 agn (2x2)
Bluetooth 3.0 (not available in Russia)
Intel® Wireless Display ready*
Media Card Reader
7-in-1 supporting MMC, SD, xD, MS, MS Pro, MS Duo, MS Pro Duo
Ports, Slots & Chassis
- HDMI 1.4 (1), Mini DisplayPort (1), RJ-45 (1), headphone (1), microphone (1)
2 total USB ports; USB 3.0 (1); USB 2.0 (1)
Starting at Weights
Starting at 4.36lbs (1.98 kg)
Starting at 4.12lbs (1.87 kg) with optional SSD
Height: 0.9” (23mm) / Width: 13.9” (335mm) / Depth 9.21” (234mm)
14” High Definition (720p) WLED with TrueLife™ with edge-to-edge glass (1366x768); 200-nit typical
Standard full size, backlit chiclet keyboard; spill-resistant
Multi-Touchpad with Integrated Scrolling & Gestures and two mechanical buttons; 100 x 53 mm - centered on system
Productivity & Entertainment Software
Dell™ Stage & WebCam Central, Skype™, Cozi, Adobe® Acrobat® Reader X, Adobe Photoshop® Elements Trial 8, Internet Explorer 8, Windows Live™, McAfee SecurityCenter trial, Dell DataSafe; Roxio Creator Starter
Dell Basic 1 Year Mail-in Service and Limited Hardware Warranty* standard
Windows® 7 Professional.
Exceptionally slim and stunningly powerful
At 0.9” (23 mm) thin, the XPS™ 14z is one of the world’s thinnest fully featured laptop with a built-in DVD player and optional discrete graphics. Yet it delivers uncompromising 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ processor. With up to 6 hours 42 minutes* of battery life, you’re ready to go.
Find Out More >
Experience pure performance with faster 2nd Generation Intel Core i5 and i7 processors.
Find Out More >
It borders on borderless
Immerse yourself in a roomy 14” HD (high-definition) display with edge-to-edge glass and an ultrathin laptop frame. And it all comes in a compact form roughly the size of a 13” laptop.
Find Out More >
Unleash high-performance graphics
Razor-sharp imagery is just the start. Power through immersive web content.
Find Out More >
The thin XPS 14z laptop is the epitome of meticulous design. Discover its sophisticated accents, artful details and an anodized aluminum body that’s as durable as it is stunning.
Find out more >
Easy access to your world
Photos, videos, music and more are at your fingertips with Dell Stage™. Now you can sync content across all your devices, allowing easy access to your files virtually anywhere, anytime.*
Find out more >
Complete your XPS 14z experience
Your XPS™ 14z is just the start. Look for these great additions when finalizing your purchase.
Make sure you consider how long you’re planning to keep your new laptop when upgrading your Premium Protection Package. If you choose a 2-year or 3-year Protection Package, your system’s Limited Hardware Warranty disclaimer will also be extended for the length of your Protection Package.
In your busy life, you expect to have the confidence of being able to use your technology to the max, wherever you go, whatever you do. With Dell, you can always count on that assurance because all XPS™ laptops and desktops come standard with 1-Year Premium Protection Package — America's Best Protection.
America’s Best Protection includes:
- Accidental Damage Service
- LoJack® for Laptops — theft recovery service
- In-Home Service After Remote Diagnosis
- Premium Phone Support
No matter how careful you are, accidents can happen. Help protect your laptop against the dangers of everyday use. Accidental Damage Service provides repair or replacement of your system for accidents not otherwise covered by the Limited Hardware Warranty*, including:
- Electrical Surges and Screen Breaks — Repair or replacement of your computer in the event of an unforeseen electrical surge or accidental display break or damage.
- Liquid Spills — Repair or replacement of your computer in the event of liquid spilled on or in unit.
- Accidental Drops and Falls — Repair or replacement of your computer in the event of accidental drops, falls or other accidental collision.
In-Home Service After Remote Diagnosis
Every Dell purchase comes with a 1-Year Limited Hardware Warranty*, which covers defects in materials and workmanship in your PC. Your XPS system also includes 1-Year In-Home Service After Diagnosis*.
- In-Home Service After Remote Diagnosis* — If your system's issue is covered by Dell's Limited Hardware Warranty* and that issue cannot be resolved remotely, this service enables you to have a technician and/or part dispatched to your home usually in 1–2 business days.
Premium Phone Support offers 24X7 access to advanced technicians and faster call answering times to help you get up and running quickly.
It also includes:
• Getting started with Anti-virus: Let us help you set up your anti-virus software and schedule automated scans. Excludes virus or spyware removal.
• Need help with your operating system? Dell can help you restore your system back to original factory settings.
• Connect your computer to existing networks: We’ll help you with wired or wireless networks. Excludes setting up a new network.
• Connect your peripherals to your computer: Assistance helping you connect a printer or peripheral to your computer. Excludes any advanced type of connection such as Bluetooth or Wifi .
• Need help with data transfer or back-up? We provide you simple “how-to” instructions to transfer files to your new computer or perform data backup.
• Software assistance:
•“Step-by-step” support for Dell branded software.
•Simple “how-to” instructions for software applications in the following categories: browser, e-mail, productivity, financial, internet browser, photo/video editing, DVD or PDF creation, and software such as Genuine Windows 7 , Microsoft Office, McAfee Antivirus, Quicken, Adobe Photoshop.
•We will help you install, uninstall and reinstall all other software purchased from Dell not listed in above categories.