Measure and manage energy consumption in your data center.
Gain precise control over energy consumption in your Dell™ data center with a software solution designed to help you measure and manage your usage.
- Measure and manage your usage through detailed tracking and the ability to implement policy-based usage scenarios.
- Maximize use of current resources through tools that allow you to identify underutilized servers.
- Mitigate risks associated with power and thermal events through pre-defined power reduction policies.
Gain precise control over energy consumption in your Dell data center.Measure and manage your usage.
Gain greater insight into your energy usage through detailed measurement of energy consumption throughout your data center. OpenManage™ Power Center gives you the ability to measure and manage the power consumption of up to 2,000 servers and track both short-term and long-term historical data.
Create and implement multiple usage policies.
OpenManage Power Center integrates with Intel® Node Manager to simplify implementation of management policies across your data center. Now you can segment control across physical levels of your data center according to each row, rack and group of servers. In addition, you can create custom logical groups and monitor energy usage and costs on a group-by-group basis.
Reduce consumption during low-load hours.
You can see energy savings opportunities through management of your server room according to business needs. If demands on your systems are lower overnight or during weekends, OpenManage Power Center allows you to implement policies that throttle back power consumption during those times.
Maximize and simplify the allocation of your existing resources.
- Increase data center density: Track usage by physical or logical group to identify consumption trends and anomalies, then reassign underutilized servers or those that are approaching maximum capacity.
- Simplify cost itemization: Itemize the costs of powering servers that are allocated to business units, locations or specific functions.
- Gain remote access: Monitor your energy consumption outside of your facility with the optional iDRAC7 Enterprise web-based management controller.
Mitigate riskEliminate the guesswork around temperature management and help ensure maximum uptime during thermal events with OpenManage™ Power Center. Using a centralized console, it allows you to monitor room temperatures and respond to needs quickly and easily with an emergency power reduction.
- Establish policies to throttle down nonessential servers when temperatures rise beyond optimal levels.
- Maximize uninterruptible power supply (UPS) uptime during a power outage.
- Protect your data and your systems by implementing rack-level power-capping policies to prevent tripped circuit breakers.
- Maximize uptime of business-critical applications by reducing noncritical consumption first.
- Prioritize protections for groups of servers during a brownout.