Go-anywhere productivity and durability
This product is currently unavailable. Please find our recommendation for a comparable system below.
When you need to work on the go without stretching your budget to do so, the Latitude E5420m laptop delivers. This laptop brings you the durability, security and manageability you’ve come to expect from the Latitude E-Family.
Windows 7 Professional
- Productive mobility with 14" HD, WLED screen and Intel® Celeron® or Intel® Core™2 Duo processor options
- Optional backlit keyboard for outstanding productivity in low-light settings
- 4-, 6- and 9-cell battery options with fast ExpressCharge™ recharging
Redesigned for work in your world
Design that’s built to lastDoing business today means working anytime, anywhere. You need a laptop to keep up with your work style. Latitude E-Family laptops combine world-class design with durability to perform, wherever business takes you.
- Look sharp while working hard thanks to the Dell Tri-Metal™ design with a brushed aluminum LCD finish.
- Worry less about making a mess with the spill-resistant keyboard and LCD protective seal that helps to form a barrier around your LCD panel when closed.
- Appreciate the fine details, from strong steel hinges and rugged display latch to the durable powder-coated underside that helps guard against nicks and scratches.
Go-anywhere productivityGet long-lasting power and performance to make your job easier, whether you are in the office or on the road. Latitude E-Family laptops are built with your business in mind, offering great features to help increase productivity.
- Stay productive with a variety of battery life options, including a 4-cell and 6-cell 3-year limited hardware warranty* Lithium Ion battery options.
- Multitask at the speed of business with Intel® Celeron® or Intel® Core™2 Duo processor options and high-bandwidth DDR3 memory.
- Communicate effectively worldwide with built-in webcam, array microphones that help provide better sound quality and a high-performing antenna for ideal mobile broadband connections.
- Work in your comfort zone with 180-degree LCD movement.
- Type anywhere using the only commercial laptop family with an optional backlit keyboard.
Confident securityEnjoy seamless integration into your IT environment and rest easy knowing that Latitude E-Family laptops—and your company data—are secure and protected anywhere in the world.
- Know your data is secure with Dell’s Data Protection | Encryption, and protect your data from unexpected mishaps with Dell Fast Response Free-Fall Sensor and StrikeZone™.
- Control who has access to your data with Dell Data Protection | Access, smart card and fingerprint reader login access options.
- Help prevent system viruses and contain data leaks with port control options.
Management made easyManage and maintain your fleet of Latitude E-Family laptops with ease from planning and deploying to ongoing maintenance and support.
- Confidently plan future product roll-outs with Dell Latitude’s long lifecycles, transitions and ImageWatch™ advance look at software and hardware changes.
- Upgrade or service key components conveniently via one single access door.
- Save time and money with Latitude’s 26 laptops to one dock commonality and Dell KACE™ easy to use systems management appliances.
- Know you have a partner with Dell for maintaining and supporting your systems with a wide range of customizable and globally focused service and support options.
- Mobile Intel® GM45 Express Chipset
- 14.0” HD (1366x768) Anti-Glare LED
- DVD-ROM, DVD+/-RW
- 65 Watt AC Adapter
90W Auto/Air DC adapter (optional)
Ports, Slots & Chassis
- Network connector (RJ-45)
USB 2.0 (4) – 1 USB/eSATA combo
Stereo headphone/Microphone combo jack
Memory card reader, 54 mm ExpressCard, 1394
Docking Connector, VGA, HDMI
1 Full and 2 Half Mini Card Slots
Optional SmartCard Reader, PC Card
|Customization and setup|
Our end-to-end deployment services are designed to simplify and accelerate the customization and utilization of your new systems. Dell Deployment Services include everything from order consolidation to coordination of deployment resources.
Dell Managed Deployment Services are for customers who need a complete, end-to-end deployment solution. Managed deployments are useful within complex logistical environments that require a single point of contact.
Custom factory integration
Dell offers custom factory integration services to help accelerate your system deployments. We can perform a range of services, such as custom configuration, consolidation and integration in our factory so that you can deploy your systems right out of the box.
ImageDirect is a web-based, hosted image management service that enables customers to easily create, manage and load custom images for Dell commercial client systems.
Intel® AMT and Intel vPro™ support — Not supported on Latitude 2100. For Intel AMT and Intel vPro customers, new deployment service options such as unique password prepopulation, pre-configured management settings and no-touch deployment can help ease deployment concerns while saving time and money.
Advanced configuration services — Not available on Latitude 2100. With advanced configuration services (ACS), you can save time and resources by selecting various settings during the purchase process. You can choose to partition your hard drive, select boot order, change BIOS settings and modify various standard software configuration settings.
Asset Recovery Services
Asset Recovery Services offers safe and environmentally appropriate disposal solutions for outdated or end-of-life IT assets. This service includes transportation, flexible logistics, equipment processing, detailed data security and environmental reports at an affordable price.