Enterprise-class server with the right balance of performance and value
The PowerEdge™ R310 is an Intel® processor-based enterprise-class 1-socket rack server that provides advanced systems management and redundancy options for web, email, SAN proxy, DHCP server, video streaming, security and file/print services.
- One Dual-core Intel® Celeron® G1101
One Dual-core Intel® Pentium® G6950
One Dual-core Intel® Core™ i3 500 Series Processor
One Quad-core Intel® Xeon® 3400 series processor
- Microsoft® Windows® Small Business Server 2011
Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008 SP2, x86/x64 (x64 includes Hyper-VTM )
Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008 R2 SP1, x64 (includes Hyper-VTM v2)
Microsoft® Windows® HPC Server 2008
Novell® SUSE® Linux® Enterprise Server
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®
Oracle® Solaris 10 05/10 (update 10) x86-64
Citrix® XenServer® 5.6 x86-64
VMware® vSphere™ 4.1 (including VMware ESX® 4.1 or VMware ESXi™ 4.1)
For more information on the specific versions and additions, visit www.dell.com/OSsupport.
- Intel 3420
- Up to 48GB (6 DIMM slots): 1GB/2GB/4GB/8GB up to 1333MT/s
- Hot-plug Hard Drive Options:
2.5" SATA SSD, SAS (10K)
3.5" SAS (15K, 10K), nearline SAS (7.2K), SATA (7.2K)
Cabled Hard Drive Options:
3.5" SAS (15K, 10K), nearline SAS (7.2K), SATA (7.2K)
Maximum Internal Storage:
Up to 8TB*
For information about Dell external storage options, visit Dell.com/Storage.
- Cabled or Hot-Swap options available:
Cabled HD options:
Up to four 3.5" SAS or SATA drives
Hot-Swap HD options:
Up to four 3.5” SAS or SATA or 2.5” SAS or SSD drives
- 2 PCIe G2 slots:
One x8 slot
One x1 slot
- Internal Controllers:
PERC H200 (6Gb/s)
PERC H700 (6Gb/s) with 512MB battery-backed cache; 512MB, 1GB Non-Volatile battery-backed cache
PERC S100 (software based)
PERC S300 (software based)
PERC H800 (6Gb/s) with 512MB of battery-backed cache;512MB, 1GB Non-Volatile battery-backed cache
External HBAs (non-RAID)
6Gbps SAS HBA
- Broadcom 5716 Gigabit Ethernet controller
- Intel Gigabit ET Quad Port Server Adapter
Intel Gigabit ET Dual Port Server Adapter
Broadcom NetExtreme II 5709 Dual-Port Gb Ethernet TOE Server Adapter
Broadcom NetExtreme II 5709 Dual-Port Gb Ethernet TOE/iSCSI Offload Server Adapter
Intel PRO/1000 PT Single Port Server Adapter
Brocade® CNA Dual-port adapter
Optional add in HBAs:
QLE2562 FC8 Dual Channel HBA
LPe12002 FC8 Dual Channel HBA
QLE2560 FC8 Single Channel HBA
LPe12000 FC8 Single Channel HBA
Brocade® FC4 and 8 GB HBAs
- Hot-plug hard drives
hot-plug redundant power supplies
DDR3 ECC memory
quad-pack LED or an interactive LCD display screen
- Matrox G200eW w/ 8MB
- R310 physical dimensions:
42.4 x 434.0 x 610 (mm) ( w/o bezel)
1.67” H x 17.10” W x 24.00” D (in)
ReadyRails™ sliding rails for tool-less mounting in 4-post racks with square or unthreaded round holes, with support for optional tool-less cable management arm
ReadyRails™ static rails for tool-less mounting in 4-post racks with square or unthreaded round holes or tooled mounting in 4-post threaded and 2-post (Telco) racks
- Dell™ OpenManage™
BMC, IPMI 2.0 compliant
Optional: iDRAC6 Express, iDRAC6 Enterprise, and vFlash
Easy to ManageThe Dell™ PowerEdge™ R310 helps you focus on running your business. The optional advanced embedded management engine, the Lifecycle Controller, automates common management tasks and enables zero-media, low-touch deployment that is efficient, secure and user-friendly.
- The optional Dell™ Lifecycle Controller is integrated on the server and can simplify administrator tasks by performing a complete set of provisioning functions such as system deployment, system updates, hardware configuration and diagnostics from a single intuitive interface called Unified Server Configurator in a pre-OS environment. This eliminates the need to use and maintain multiple pieces of disparate CD/DVD media. With the automation of the Lifecycle Controller server deployment, the R310 is up and running fast.
- The Dell™ OpenManage™ portfolio also includes the Dell™ Management Console, which is included with every Dell™ server and which provides IT administrators with a consolidated console view of their IT infrastructure.
Business ValueYou are serious about your business, and you need a server that can handle serious business. The PowerEdge R310 rack server has the right balance of performance, enterprise-class features and business value to meet the needs of small to midsized businesses and branch offices alike.
- The PowerEdge R310 has price/performance that includes options for full redundancy in power supplies and hot-swap hard drives.
- The processor options and memory configurations are balanced to run typical business applications such as Windows® Small Business Server, Business Center Essentials, SQL Workgroup/Standard, Oracle® 11g Standard, VMware®, Active Directory®, SharePoint® and file/print.
- The PowerEdge R310 helps you keep your data safe with multiple RAID options and up to four 2.5- or 3.5-inch hard drives.
Customer-Inspired DesignBy listening to and focusing on the details, we have delivered on our customers’ inspiration — simplicity of operations married with innovative design features. We see the Dell design as a revolution of system commonality and customer-inspired usability.
- All external ports, power supplies and LED lights/LCD screens are in the same location for familiar user experience as well as easy installation and deployment.
- The PowerEdge R310 streamlined design also provides quiet acoustics and an optional interactive LCD screen positioned on the front of the server for ease of monitoring.
- Robust, metal hard drive carriers and organised cabling are designed to improve component access and airflow across the server
|The Value of Dell Storage: |
Dell’s open, standards-based solutions let customers of all sizes integrate new technologies without sacrificing performance or their existing IT investments.
|Direct-Attached Storage: |
The Dell™ PowerVault™ MD storage family offers easy and economical expansion for Dell PowerEdge™ servers enabling high availability and scalability for demanding business applications.
|Disk-to-Disk Backup |
Due to expanding volumes of data that must be backed up and protected along with shrinking backup windows, many IT departments have moved to or added disk-based backups.
|Network-Attached Storage |
Network attached storage (NAS) is a specialized storage server with its own IP address that is made available to multiple clients and servers on a local area network (LAN) or wide area network (WAN).
|Object-Based Storage |
The Dell DX Object Storage Platform is designed to intelligently access, store, protect and distribute fixed digital content.
|Storage Area Network |
A storage area network (SAN) is a network of shared storage devices, such as disk storage arrays and tape automation
|Tape Backup |
Considered the first and last line of defense against data loss, tape and removable disks can be used for long-term data storage and backup.
|Unified Storage |
Unified Storage is a term that describes the ability to manage both file- and block-level data.
Please contact your Local Partner for further information.
Lifecycle Controller Embedded Management
Dell Management Console
Microsoft® Exchange 2010
Does your business depend on robust messaging capabilities? Microsoft® Exchange 2010 is the right tool for the job and Dell is the right partner to deliver a comprehensive user to data center solution. Microsoft® Exchange 2010 running on Dell's innovative hardware platform provides you a superb messaging and collaboration solution.
Optimize for Oracle Database 11g
Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008: Workgroup Edition, Standard and Standard X64
Dell partners with Microsoft to provide tested and validated solutions. Microsoft® SQL Server 2008 Standard is a comprehensive data management and business intelligence platform providing state-of-the-art ease of use and manageability for running departmental applications. Microsoft® SQL Server 2008 Workgroup is a reliable data management and reporting platform that delivers secure, remote synchronization and management capabilities for running branch applications. It includes the core database features of the SQL Server product line and is easy to upgrade to Standard or Enterprise.
Dell Management Plug-in for VMware vCenterWhat if you could manage your physical infrastructure from your virtual console?
What if you could rapidly and consistently provision hardware and deploy virtual machines from within VMware vCenter?
And, to give you even more power, we deliver our plug-in as a virtual appliance. That makes it easier to deploy and configure and offers integration directly into the vCenter console, providing more information inside of vCenter itself — unlike many other vendors who provide only "link-and-launch" capabilities to point to their own proprietary consoles.
The combination of the Dell Management Plug-in for VMware vCenter and the revolutionary embedded management features offered by Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC) with Lifecycle Controller in Dell PowerEdge servers gives you an unmatched level of integration between vCenter and your server hardware.