Put the latest storage technology to work for you
The PowerVault™ NX3100 is a capacity-dense, dedicated network attached storage (NAS) solution that’s integrated with enhanced file-sharing software and designed to help smaller offices stay efficient and productive. The NX3100 is also flexible enough to support applications (block data) that help people with limited resources save time by eliminating the need to manage separate types of storage.
- Supports up to 24TB in a compact 2U chassis
- Expands up to 384TB total external capacity with Dell™ PowerVault™, EqualLogic™ and EMC™ arrays
- Ships with everything you need — the automated initial setup and configuration wizard lets you easily set and forget
Share up to 384TB of files and applications in your office
The PowerVault NX3100 supports up to 24TB of internal capacity with 12 data drives in a compact, 2U chassis. Choose from 450GB/600GB serial-attached SCSI (SAS) or 1TB/2TB near-line SAS. You can also scale your system externally to keep pace with your growing office.
- Expand capacity up to 384TB total external capacity with Dell PowerVault, EqualLogic or EMC external arrays.
- Consolidate all your file-sharing resources for cross-platform collaboration with Network File System (NFS).
- Deliver better managed file services across Server Message Block (SMB) and NFS with File Services Resource Manager (FSRM).
The NX3100 is a capacity-dense solution designed for sharing information across both files and block data. More flexibility means you can do more with less, cutting the systemwide deployment and management costs.
Storage technology that works for youThe factory-installed Windows® Storage Server 2008 OS enhances the best file-serving features of Windows Server 2008 with advanced storage features for faster, more efficient and more reliable file sharing.
- Reduce duplicate files (transparent, file-level deduplication) with single-instance storage (SIS)
- Simplify quick access and replicate stored data across WAN/LAN environments with Distributed File System (DFS and DFS-R)
- Improve control over your files and resources for audit and planning purposes with File Services Resource Manager (FSRM)
Setup and manage your information with easeThe PowerVault NX3100 is easy to install and simple to run. Right out of the box, it has everything you need to begin sharing information safely and efficiently, without wasting time, money and resources building a file server from scratch.
- Automate setup and configuration with the "initial configuration task" tool.
- Support multiple users through unlimited client-added licenses (CALs).
- Access your NAS remotely through iDRAC Enterprise.
- Windows® Storage Server 2008 Standard Edition
File Access Protocols
- CIFS, NFS, FTP
Type of Data Supported
File and Block
- 2U rack-mount
- Number of Processors
1 or 2
Intel® Xeon® E5506, 1.86GHz/4M, 2C 80W & 5620 procs
- 12, 3.5" data drives
(there are also two additional, 2.5" drives for the OS)
6GB, 12GB or 24GB DDR3
Max Internal Capacity
24TB raw (with near-line SAS)
SAS (15K): 450GB, 600GB
Near-line SAS (7.2K): 1TB, 2TB*
- H700 (internal drives), H800 (external drives)
Hardware RAID Levels (factory-installable options)
R1 + R5/R1 + R6
Hardware RAID Levels (custom-configurable options)
0, 1, 5, 10, 50, 6
- Dell OpenManage™ featuring Dell Management Console
Optional iDRAC Enterprise or Native Java RDP plug-in
Data Protection Features
- SIS, DFS-R, Snapshots (VSS)
- 3.42 H x 17.53 W x 26.17 D (in)
86.7 H x 445.2 W x 664.6 D (mm)
PowerVault, EqualLogic and EMC arrays (DAS and SAN)
2 x4 PCIe + 1 x8 PCIe
Hot-plug hard drives, Hot-plug redundant power, Hot-plug redundant cooling
No cluster support
ReadyRails™ sliding rails for 4-post racks, static
ReadyRails™ for 4-post and 2-post racks
Please contact your Local Partner for further information.