Deploy an enterprise storage solution built for performance
Bring high-performance, high-capacity and cost-effective storage together with the Dell™ EqualLogic™ PS6100XV 3.5” iSCSI array, ideal for large enterprise storage needs.
- Exceptional I/O performance: Up to 67% IOPS improvement with EqualLogic PS6100 and PS4100 Series arrays over previous generation arrays.*
- Optimized scalability: Take advantage of highly virtualized peer storage for linear performance and capacity scalability.
- Management flexibility: Manage both file and block storage protocols through one console with EqualLogic Group Manager.
Designed to scale with your business
Deploy cost-effective performance and capacity for your enterprise storage needs with the PS6100XV 3.5” iSCSI array, a Dell Fluid Data™ solution with a virtualized scale-out architecture that delivers enhanced storage performance and reliability that is easy to manage.
- Help eliminate downtime and performance penalties with smooth, incremental SAN expansion.
- Grow your virtual storage alongside your virtual server growth.
- Change hardware without disruption.
- Add or remove arrays at will, according to policy, age, application or business need
- Easily mix new disk or network technologies in the SAN.
- Move volumes (databases/VMs) online between any pool or disk resources.
- Avoid forklift upgrades or data-in-place migrations that cost time and money.
- Automatically balance loads across disks and multiple arrays in a pool.
- Help eliminate manual re-distributing of capacity or application workloads (downtime and services costs).
Choose your array
Flex your storage muscles with the performance, capacity and economy of the PS6100XV 3.5” arrays. With 24 high-performance 3.5” SAS HDDs and up to 14.4 terabytes of capacity, the PS6100XV 3.5” GbE iSCSI array is an ideal solution for critical enterprise-storage applications.
The PS6100 Series family features:
- Dual controllers designed for built-in redundancy
- Four GbE ports per controller
- Dedicated 10/100 management port per controller
- 6G SAS backplane
- Options for 12 or 24 hot-swappable drives
- 7.2K NL-SAS, 10K SAS, or 15K SAS drives or solid state drives (SSDs)
- Cache-to-flash memory de-staging
- Peer-scaling architecture that scales performance linearly
- Vertical Port Failover, designed to enable you to maintain full bandwidth if a networking port fails
- Group Manager, which integrates all management into one console for both file- and block-storage protocols
- Array firmware and host software with no additional licenses or fees
- Enhanced security with self-encrypting drives (SED)
Grow confidently with advanced Array Software featuresMeet your current storage needs and future data management requirements with EqualLogic™ Array Software.
- Synchronous Replication: Maintain two identical copies of a volume across two different storage pools in the same PS Series for real-time data protection.
- Volume Unmap: Recover unused space previously allocated to thin-provisioned volumes for better storage capacity utilization and cost-effectiveness.
- Snapshot Space Borrowing: Temporarily increase the available snapshot space for a volume by borrowing from the snapshot reserve of other volumes and pool-free space, improving your capacity management.
- Storage Controllers
Dual controllers, each with 4GB memory for PS-series firmware. Each controller provides cache to flash for data protection.
Hard Disk Drives
Twenty-four (24) 15K SAS hot-pluggable hard disk drives (Twelve (12) drive configuration available. Please contact your Dell Sales Representative for details)
3.5” 15,000RPM SAS or SAS SED disk drives available in 600 GB
14.4 TB* using twenty-four (24) 600 GB* 15,000 3.5" SAS or SAS SED disk drives
Up to 1,024
512 per volume / up to 10,000 total per group
Up to 1,024
Any standards-compliant iSCSI initiator
Operating Systems Supported
Windows® 2000 Server, Windows Server® 2003, Windows Server® 2008, including Hyper-V™, Windows Vista®, Windows Server® 2008 R2 including Hyper-V™, Windows XP®, Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®, SUSE® Linux® Enterprise, Sun™ Solaris™, IBM® AIX®, HP-UX, Mac OS® X, VMware® ESX Server 3 / 3.5 / 4 / 4.1 / 5, ESXi 3.5 / 4 / 4.1 / 5, Citrix® XenServer™, Novell® NetWare®
RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10, and RAID 50
Four (4) copper per controller + One (1) dedicated management port
TCP Network Support
IPv4, IPv6 core support
Can be combined with other EqualLogic PS Series arrays in the same SAN group, online. Up to 16 total members per group
- Vertical port sharing
Redundant hot-swappable controllers, power supplies / cooling fans, and hot-swappable disks
Individual disk drive slot power control
Enclosure Monitoring System
- Automatic spare configuration and utilization
Automatic bad block replacement
Auto-Stat Disk Monitoring System (ADMS) to monitor health of data on disk drive
- SAN Headquarters multi-group performance and event monitoring tool
Ability to configure a separate management network
SNMP, telnet, SSH, HTTP, Web (SSL), host scripting
- CHAP authentication
Access control for iSCSI
Access control for management interfaces including Active Directory, LDAP, or RADIUS support
- SNMP traps, e-mail, syslog
- AC voltage: 100-240 VAC ±10% single phase, 1080W (max, total), +5V up to 155W; +12V up to 924W;+5Vsb up to 10W
Frequency: 50/60 Hz
Power factor: 0.98 (minimum)
Power supplies: Dual 1080 W
- Height: 4U / 17.5 cm (6.89 inches)
Width: 44.63 cm (17.57 inches)
Depth: 57.5 cm (22.6 inches)
Weight: 44.45 kg (98 lbs)
Packaged physical: Length: 905 cm (35.63 inches) Width: 616 cm (24.25 inches) Depth: 508 cm (20 inches)
Packaged weight: 53.5238 kg (118lbs)
Dell ReadyRails™ sliding rails for square-hole 4-post and 2-post racks 1U/2U Rail Attachment Brackets, designed to enable PS Arrays to snap into place with screws or other hardware
Dell VersaRails sliding rails for 4-post and 2-post racks 1U/2U Rail Attachment Brackets, designed to enable PS Arrays to be mounted in racks whose posts have round holes
Environmental Operating Conditions
- Temperature range: 5° to 40°C (41° to 104°F)
Storage temperature: –40° to 65°C (–40° to 149°F)
Altitude: For altitudes above 2950 feet, the maximum operating temperature is derated 1ºF/550 ft.
Operating Relative humidity: 20% to 80% (noncondensing) with a maximum humidity gradation
of 10% per hour
Operational shock: Half-sine shock 31G +/- 5% with a pulse duration of 2.6ms +/- 10% in operational orientations only
Operating Vibration: 0.26 Grms (5 to 350 Hz) for 5 minutes in operational orientations
Acoustics Category 4: <=7.2 bels at 23C +/- 2C
Air Quality: Airborne contaminant level of G1 or lower as defined by ISA-S71.04-1985
|EqualLogic Array Software|
Each EqualLogic array ships with a powerful set of features that help you manage, protect and optimize your data. The EqualLogic Group Manager helps streamline storage and data management while the EqualLogic Manual Transfer Utility helps minimize downtime when transferring large amounts of data. EqualLogic PS Series Firmware is the foundation of the EqualLogic software family. Integrated across the entire family of EqualLogic PS arrays, the EqualLogic Firmware is a SAN operating system based on a unique peer storage architecture that:
|EqualLogic Host Integration Tools|
This family of host-based software provides tight integration between the EqualLogic array and the host. Dell provides host integration tools for Microsoft®, VMware® and Linux® environments, providing customers with the following benefits:
|EqualLogic SAN Headquarters|
Dell EqualLogic SAN Headquarters (SAN HQ) is a centralized monitoring and reporting tool that gathers and provides in-depth information on performance, capacity and alerts across multiple groups of EqualLogic PS arrays, helping improve performance and effective allocation of group resources.
Please contact your Local Partner for further information.